Daybreak is historically constant as player base flip flops

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Barry31, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Arkeal_Rathe_Bots Lorekeeper

ACTUALLY, I did.

A subscription IS REQUIRED to play on aradune. Do all the other servers have truebox ruleset AND start on classic? NO? Then I MOST CERTAINLY paid to play on aradune and no other servers. its the ONLY REASON i subbed.
  2. Darafel Journeyman

Ehh, I guess this might be technically correct. And I expect the EULA backs it up. But lets be real here, its a bit of a dodge. This is.. small print stuff. Lawyer stuff. Get-off-with-a-technicality stuff.

I find it hard to respect an argument that hides itself behind a clause.

The influx of new players wasn't because they all want to play on Zek. They're here for Aradune. No other reason. Everyone knows it.
  3. Dyzalot Augur

The whole "you didn't pay to only play on Aradune", while true, does kind of sidestep the issue. It would be one thing if you bought a day pass for a large amusement park and their newest and best ride was down for repairs for half the day with long lines for the rest of the day making it so you had to wait just to ride it once. But imagine if you bought a one month pass hoping to go every weekend and every time you went, the newest and best rolloercoaster was either down for repairs or had lines so long that it almost wasn't worth it to go on the ride? Now I'm sure that technically the amusement park wouldn't legally owe you compensation since 95%+ of the park was available to you. But I think most people would be upset with said company and would expect some kind of customer service solution, either a partial refund or maybe an extension on the pass to give you a chance to enjoy that ride.

One of the likely problems with EQ in general is it is probably not their biggest revenue generator out of all the titles offered via All Access. I doubt DBG is raking in money "hand over fist" even when they release a new TLP. I could be totally wrong as its just a guess. So if that's true and the profitability for EQ is fairly low, it makes it difficult for them to justify sinking a ton of money into new hardware, more computer technicians and more programmers even on a short term scale. But still, even giving that benefit of the doubt, one would expect some kind of customer service solution beyond some XP bonus in the game. I still think offering people an extension on subs or even maybe just a free Krono would go a long way towards showing that they do actually care.
    Duder likes this.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

Completely wrong.
  5. Geshp New Member

I think that people have a reasonable expectation of lines at Disney World. If you are arguing the 2-3 hour queue times multiple weeks into the server launch, the general instability and issues playing the game even when you can get in are reasonable then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree there. Besides, Disney World has actively put things in place to reduce the effect long lines have on their customers with things like fast pass.

Can you imagine if the company you worked for or any other company you do business with took the attitude of "they are going to complain anyway so lets not bother"? Or "we can't meet everyone's expectations so we won't bother to meet anyone's"? It would be one thing if this was an impossible problem to solve. It's not. They are choosing not to, most likely due to financial reasons.

I'm not sure what else to say. I do expect a game to work properly at launch. Many games from many different companies have had successful launches. What you really are saying is that you should expect it from this company and this game, which is exactly the problem. The price is irrelevant. Losing money on other things is irrelevant. Just because you are fine with not getting the product you pay for or you can deal with the ridiculous queue times and performance doesn't mean other people are fine with it, nor should they be.
  6. Duder Augur

The subscription is the admission price. And not to one particular server, although that is definitely a lot of folks interest. Not enjoying what you receive when you are in is not grounds for a refund.

Customers are absolutely in the right to not be happy with the services rendered. But for all the unhappy customers the loudest and most absurd on these boards are the ones claiming they have been scammed and are demanding their money back. When in reality it's buyer's remorse. If you don't like the service they can offer, get over it. If you don't like the ride don't come back and don't send your friends. But if people don't try then they won't have the potential to enjoy it like thousands of others. I hope that Aradune does stabilize and become a fun environment to play on for folks. But it is not necessary to be amongst the first day players, first weekers, etc. and that is what seems to be many folks' main gripe.

Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    Nukester likes this.
  7. Gnothappening Augur

My idea for a fix was to make a specific TLP with specific rules. Require people to sub for at least a year at a time and only sell a maximum number of slots equal to what the server can realistically support. Then you have no que, no lost revenue due to attrition, etc.
  8. Aneuren Tempered Steel

The only problem with this is that it would really damage the new server population. People that have been subbed for at least a year have commitments. Not all will restart on a fresh server.

I am genuinely curious how much of the total new TLP population is made up of people that have had an active sub for at least a year. I would be far less surprised to find that a majority of the players are those that left between the end of Velious and start of PoP.
  9. Dyzalot Augur

I'm just one person but I have never had an active sub going when a TLP was launched. But I'm also not typical in that I didn't start playing EQ originally until 2001(?), somewhere between Velious and Luclin launches and stayed until EQ2 released so into OOW I think? I keep looking for one of these TLP launches to keep me interested enough to at least progress through some of the early content that I never did before because I started later and maybe even enough to progress past the point where I quit so long ago.
  10. TheChosenOne Augur

Your company's SaaS solution probably wasn't built off of 20+ year old technology like Everquest was. DBG purchased the rights to the game so that they could keep it running and try to make a return on investment, they aren't going to invest any money into rebuilding the entire game, the costs would be astronomical and those funds would be better spent launching an entirely new game title
    Duder likes this.
  11. Darafel Journeyman

I generally agree. Most people are hot-headed in the moment. They'll say stuff they dont really mean. Some of it is white noise, and I'm sure Daybreak recogizes it when they see it. And the forums are there to service that need to vent.

But lets get straight down to brass tacks. Its not really about WHAT they say, its WHY they're saying it. Daybreak needs to fix the servers, because the servers are the cause of the anger. Fix the servers, and you fix the customers. Thats it. Thats the ONLY important thing here.
    Duder likes this.
  12. TheChosenOne Augur

This is BS, I have a high end gaming PC, have been gaming for almost 30 years and work in IT.

I've played on Coirnav, Selos and FV over the last 3 years regularly and never had any issues whatsoever with client crashes. I also have zero issues with other games that I play regularly (and there are a lot of them).

When I'm in EC, my client regularly crashes on Aradune. The only server it happens on, the only game it happens on. Telling people their PCs are "crapola" is ridiculous and just a way for you to say "neener neener, I'm not having those issues you just suck! wooo"

You're also completely missing the point, if you wait in a queue for an hour+ and then have a client crash, the game already recognizes you have a character signed in so they should be able to have you skip the queue to sign back in while its removing your toon from the server

This is a completely logical solution. Maybe offer better solutions instead of just sticking your nose up at people who are having a hard time with client crashes just because you aren't
  13. Machen New Member

I suspect the reason they don't do this is that it would effectively mean no one can get in ever during prime time other than the people who were already there. People crashing is what moves others up in the queue so people are cycled through.
  14. Gnothappening Augur

I think you misunderstood or I wasn't clear. I am basically saying make a new TLP, give it say 3000 account slots. Now, to get one of those you have to pay for access to that server and only that server. You also have to buy a year's sub to that server. Almost like a private server but just with a fixed population size of people that can only play there.
    Aneuren likes this.
  15. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Just because you go to Disney to ride the Matterhorn, then find its not working part of the time, and the rest of the time there is a 4 hour long line, doesn't mean you get to go to customer service counter and start demanding all your money back.

You paid for a subscription to all access, which grants you far more stuff than just one of these TLPs.

Play something else. No one is white knighting anything. Many of the people you are calling "white knights" blast the devs all the time and have been suspended from these forums more than you've probably looked at them, for being brutal to the devs and this game.

Its one thing to be annoyed about the situation. Its another to flood the forum with a bunch of juvenile entitled garbage posts.
  16. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

And yet this company hasn't been put out of business by their competitors....

And when netflix goes out, or the internet, you know what I do? I do something else. If its out for more than a couple hours I'll call up and confirm they know about the issue. I don't race to the nearest forum threatening lawsuits, demanding free stuff, and talking about how the people working for the company are all idiots. Stuff happens.
    Duder likes this.
  17. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Should have read the whole thread, as I basically just repeated what you said lol. Ah well.
    Duder likes this.
  18. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You're not a kid anymore trying to pwn people as a member of drow. Its not 2000, its 2020. I really hope you have more to your life to be worried about that a video game you didn't care about playing for years, having a lot of downtime and a stupid queue because so many people want on the server.

Do a charge back and never play again. Or unsub and never play again and stop worrying about your 1 month paid. Or unsub and go play on the Rathe and look for any other old school people still around or whatever.

Does the situation s u c k? Yeah, it does. Does any of this moaning and complaining accomplish anything? No.
    Duder likes this.
  19. Arkeal_Rathe_Bots Lorekeeper

What are you actually talking about? "didn't care about playing for years" I cleared all of TBS and many many more expansions before that so please stop with your assumptions.

Also, who in the world gives a crap about drow. Sounds like a little bitterness from a rejected application. None here. I really hope you have more to your life than to be worried about what I spend my money on.

I don't want to play on the rathe that's why I haven't subbed in about 8 months. I resubbed to play on aradune, and I can't do that.

Does the situation suc k? yeah, it does. Does any of your trolling or button pushing accomplish anything? No

P.S. I love seeing all of you alt accounters coming in to stir the pot. You don't even have the stones to show who you are in game. Afraid of getting disowned for being a turd? Yea, seems about right.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  20. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

[edit] Not worth it.

I'm tired of the forums being filled up with this garbage.