The 2 types of Aradune players

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by eqfanforlife, Jun 12, 2020.

1. eqfanforlife Elder

Firstly you have those who want to relive the old days.

Getting a group, being social, having fun, getting xp and loots.

Unfortunately this doesn't hardly exist anymore what you have now are entitled man children who go afk constantly, then win an item their class doesn't need and immediately origin/gate out to go sell it.

Secondly you have those who want to hardcore krono farm to take advantage of the first group.

Can't blame the krono farmers, where there's money to be made anyone will be making it.

I do feel the old glory days people are pretty sad though.

Here's a tip : it's not like it was, it will never be like it was, so stop trying to re capture that old magic.

Stop living in delusion.
  2. mark Augur

well on rizlona lots of people are friendly,in the guild i am in everybody helps everyone and we are having a jolly good time i would say about 1/3 of guildies dont box and they never have issues getting a guild group even the rogues in guild.
  3. eqfanforlife Elder

but but but rizlona is nothing but people who 24 box their own raid force and it's completely anti social

and the people are so mean and hardcore!!

i don't understand your post!
  4. Rothj Augur

Your post is pure toxicity. you insult people in the first paragraph for not playing an ideal way then at the end you insult people for trying to play in that ideal way? You literally made this post just to try to spread your own misery.
    Wattsey, Cydonia, Pelrond and 2 others like this.
  5. Tsar Journeyman

Lol, this is the most unhinged and untrue thing I have read on these forums in a long time. That is a high bar to clear.

Cry moar bro.
    Pelrond likes this.
  6. brickz Augur

Sounds like someone else won a yak or something and OP is mad* lol my first choice of words is apparently filtered
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

According to you maybe, I see plenty people who enjoy grouping, what tends to happen is that as the players get older they get more selective about who they join & get a better feel for who will be an idiot and who will be a smart player they will get along with.

And right there we see why you may have this idea that people don't group, well it might be that they just don't want to group with you, or anyone who has your bad attitude towards other players.

I don't think they intend to take advantage of anyone I suspect many are farming Krono simply because they know there are people who will happily pay silly prices for very easily obtained gear, the ones who pay those silly prices create that market opportunity.

In Online games you tend to have 2 major demographics all the others fit into to some degree:
    1. cash rich time poor
    2. time rich cash poor

So that's why the Krono market makes every bit of sense as it allows those two player types to help each other out. Time rich players therefore supply the cash rich ones with items & they then have a way to finance their own playing of the game - many krono farm to enable them to play without needing a subscription.

There is definitely several grains of truth in this final part, however at the same time you are being an old curmudgeon about it, maybe you should just pull on your Aran Jumper, munch on some ginger-nut biscuits & yell at kids to get off your lawn.
  8. Machen New Member

You missed the other major group. There is a significant group that is neither cash poor nor time poor. These are the ones that largely don't care about Krono at all, except maybe as a side game. They aren't rolling on new servers just to farm krono, and they aren't buying items on those servers from the kronolords either. They generally pay their own subs and play to have fun, whether that's doing their own thing grouping, or raiding.
    Pelrond, Dythan and Malachi like this.
  9. Malachi Augur

3rd group represent!
    Machen likes this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I didn't make a special mention no, I spoke of the two ends of the spectrum, sorry to yours & all of the other special groups contained within I failed to make a special mention about, please let me make amends below:

Cash rich & time Poor
    everyone else at this end
    51% cash rich & 49% time poor
    Neither cash rich or poor or time rich or poor
    51% time rich & 49% time poor
    everyone else at this end
    Time rich & Cash poor

I hope I got all of you in now.......

Oh wait I almost already did
    There are two kinds of people:
    1. those who can extrapolate from incomplete information.
  11. Machen New Member

Nah, still missing the point. Players like me have plenty enough of both and don't even need to think in terms of time=money when it comes to our entertainment choices. Opportunity cost never enters my equation. Your sliding scale between cash and time is irrelevant to me completely.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Okay
  13. TheChosenOne Augur

long gone are the "Need Before Greed" days. With krono in the picture, every rare item is a Need for everyone because it can be sold for Krono and then they can buy awesome gear with it
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Not entirely.

Once no-drop gear & instancing of group content becomes common few or no groups are going to facilitate you trying to sell your no-drop loot from the instance your group are in, boxers do that though, as well as offering rots up.
  15. Dyzalot Augur

Leveling to 50 as a rogue in pugs, I haven't experienced the first kind of player and I haven't found the second kind of player to have an affect on me.
  16. Dyzalot Augur

To me, I always thought "NBG" in pugs to be the greedy way to play. It just seems greedy for melee to expect casters to come grind at a Frenzy group or vice versa at an Efreeti group with no expectation at having an equal shot at loot.
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  17. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

You seem to be one of those people that think anyone "farming Krono" is an RMTer. The truth is most "Krono Farmers" are just normal players that realize Krono go up in value unlike plat. Krono are useful for buying things in the game players need like Spells, Tradeskill stuff and items. Why on earth would you not be a "Krono Farmer"
  18. Dyzalot Augur

Yeah holding plat on a TLP would be like holding German marks during the Weimar Republic. I don't "farm" kronos per se but I do turn my plat into kronos as I get enough plat to buy them.
  19. Deadshade Augur

That is a quite perfect description of me :)
    And I must say that when we chat in groups it appeared that a large majority of people I grouped with are also of this sort . Also most people I met were either coming from P99 or have left EQ a decade or more ago and were coming for what some called their "last tour on EQ".

Actually I would even go sofar as to say that during the first months of a new TLP and especially of one called Aradune this kind of players is a crushing majority .
    This probably changes with time as this kind of players doesn't tend to stay for months and years but leaves after 2 or 3 expansions .
  20. Cydonia Elder

That’s three types...