[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by magman, Jun 12, 2020.

1. magman New Member

[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is this program ok to use, tired of getting ksed by bot grps using it .cant beat them mine as well join them wtf you cant say they name ? I s b o X e R
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

The automated bot groups aren't using it. They're using something else... ISB is fine to use.
    Tarvas likes this.
  3. magman New Member

well I would like someone in daybreak to respond here. so i know for sure. they could advertise it then charge them for an add on forums make money, teach people how to use it in the tutorial
  4. magman New Member

https://i s bo xer.com/multiboxing- everquest
  5. phattoni Augur

ISB is perfectly legal, a simple search of forums would have shown that the devs enabled it for rizlona.

m q 2 however is not i dont think, which is what you are complaining about i believe.
  6. magman New Member

just a little pissed atm got camp KSed by one of these grps he said he was using Isb. didn't care I was sitting wright there getting mana to kill the named I spawned. no morals blah blah I don't want to here there are no camps.its called respect for your fellow players
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I don't think it matters what someone is using, some people are just jerks. Using ISB isn't going to help if they pull the mob while you're medding up. It doesn't automate anything. It just sends a key to a background char when you push a button.
    Bigstomp, ForumBoss and Elyssanda like this.
  8. Dirtnasty New Member

I was in the zone and can vouch for @magman. That sucks
  9. Metanis Bad Company

I'm struck by the irony in this post. My understanding is that people play TLP for the nostalgia. What can be more perfectly nostalgic than this? Yes, don't school me, I understand the OP is complaining about the use of non-supported software, but the basic situation is classic EQ from the early days. OP says he was sitting there getting mana which means he hadn't actually engaged the mob. Back in the early days of Veeshan after Sony wrote the rule that there were no "camps", I think we called the rule, "First in force".
    Vumad, Xenorius9, Tucoh and 1 other person like this.
  10. Cydonia Elder

If he was talking to you, either he wasn’t using the program you’re not supposed to use, or he was close by to hear audio triggers telling him you were talking to him so he could respond.

I s b0xer allows you to broadcast keystrokes to multiple accounts. You need to be at the keyboard to do so.

The other program automates your characters and does everything for you. That one is not allowed, but good luck proving someone was using it. If you can catch them warping you’ll have a chance.

As for kill stealing. Daybreak doesn’t recognise kill stealing, they call it it dps racing and are fine with it. You’ll be pi$$ing in the wind if you try to use that argument.
  11. Bobokin Augur

And that is why EQ is has not been a top MMORPG for a long time.

Devs that don't care about regular players don't deserve regular players.
    Jugerrnaut likes this.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

So, basically, the tools used have nothing to do with the issue. It was a deeeyeseekay move, and it would've been a deeeyeseekay move with emqueuetwo, eyeessbee, just alt-tabbing, or six different people playing one toon each.

And if you decided to use eyeessbee, you still would have been OOM, and it wouldn't have mattered.

Learn to correctly identify the issue. A lot of jerks play EQ. And all the other online games.
    Redsumm likes this.
  13. magman New Member

let me make it a bit clearer, I sat there four 3 hours killing the PHs, bloodmaw poped I tried to kill him he killed me, used camp fire came wright back was setting back up to kill him again was ready to engage again , jerkoff didn't ask are you going to kill him just ran in pass me pressed a few keys and killed him. moral of the story I learned my lesson anything goes,and no im not a 20 year old, so I no how to give respect and have morals.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Since this seems to have occurred on a regular server, you could blast the name in General Chat. Obviously, if you decide to do so, you must do it tactfully and sharply (person will probably counter). It would raise awareness of this person's behavior.

Ultimately, the universe will correct itself and karma will bite the person in the back. I have seen the few players who have KS'd me struggle with TS items or camps down the road.

Edit: I have seen a tactic where people contact the KSer's guild leader or officer if they are in a reputable guild (not of their own). Some guilds have a code of conduct for their members or that individual may be in a probationary (applicant) period.
  15. Willowtree Journeyman

I.S.B. may be not automating but it helps greatly because you start e.g. a 5liner macro on ALL toons if you box. 6boxing some SKs, which are doing alliance and Harmtouch, all with one button instead of switching alt-tab in a DPS race IS IN FACT a difference.

Nevertheless OOM is OOM.
  16. Tucoh Augur

Inner space boxer and macro quest 2 are both programs players have never been banned for using.

What does get you banned is getting caught afk farming, which can be donr with mercs, pets, a logitech macro or a drinking birdy thing.

Re: camps on TLP, it sucks when you get a named ks'ed, but it's actually refreshing being able to compete for spawns without someone barking at you like a yipping dog, which is common on live. I'd recommend burning any named mob because show eq usage is rampant on TLP and they will run to your camp to steal it.
  17. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think it is unfortunate that the names of 2 very different programs are censured into the same string...
    It means a lot of players will confuse the 2 programs in discussions on the forums... :(
  18. CazRaX Elder

Many have been banned for macro quest but mostly because they were using active (memory modifying) plugins which the devs were against from the start. At one point people were banned for just having running since they could detect it running if you did not have specific plugins that make you "legit". Don't get confused, you can get banned for it but that chances are extremely small now to the point that unless you AFK or have working active plugins, without the right protection, they won't really bother.
    IblisTheMage and Tucoh like this.
  19. Schadenfreude Augur

Incorrect. A small amount of people had their accounts perma-banned for streaming with Macaroni in 2019, there's at least one video still on Youtube with the guy getting his characters booted and then being unable to login and eventually him opening his e-mail to find them all banned (reason "cheating").

No warping or botting and still straight up perma-banned.
    Yinla and Whulfgar like this.
  20. Whulfgar Augur

This is 100% false. People have been banned for using m q..

ISB however is not banned for simple use. Its when the player is afk killimg and also combining ISB.. itself with another 3rd party program that will gitcha booted.

The guy i quoted has actual videos of game play with him usimg ISB.. posted on these forums. And he has not been banned for it.

So if thats not a yea you can use it .. enough of an answer for you then perhaps you ought to simply start a private convo with a dev. I have multiple times (least once an expansion) .
    Barton likes this.