Decide what you want guys...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xeris, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Xeris Augur

First there were long ques and everyone complained. They took the ques away and there was crazy lag, and everyone complained. Now the ques are back and everyone is complaining again.

Decide what you want, and stop crying. It seems like right now we have a choice: in-game lag or que times. Pick your poison.

The recent community letter said they're working on the issues. It's likely they won't be fixed for some time. So, either accept the world we live in, or play a different game. Having 100 forum posts every day about how awful everything is sucks. Nobody wants to hear people whining all day.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  2. IDotPeople Augur

Speak for yourself, I been waiting for things to calm down before coming back, enjoying the drama in the forums in the meantime!
  3. Lumiens Augur

People on the East Coast prefer a Queue to no Lag. People on the West Coast prefer the lag to no Queue.

Either way the West Coast suffers, at least with the Lag they actually get to log in after work.
    Zapford likes this.
  4. Kodachi Augur

It's almost like there is more then 1 group of people with different interests.
  5. Machen New Member

I play on Rizlona.

That said, wanting a server with A) no queues, B) no major in game lag, and C) truebox, seems a reasonable request. Most TLP players have played on a server that hits all three of those for the last four years. Putting up with queues on a new server for a few days is par for the course on TLP's, but we are well past that on Aradune.

Many people advocated for a non-truebox server for a long time. If it had been the more popular of the two, and we were experiencing what Aradune players are experiencing, I'd be just as much as they are.

Telling players they can choose only between in-game lag or queue times is absurd, when right this moment you can log into 24 other servers without either of those.
  6. kit74 Lorekeeper

Well when DPG charges the same as all the other MMO out there...
    I would dare say some would like it to be at the levels of competence and playability as the others...

That's the rub with a lot of folks I know friends that unsubscribe because they just can't tolerate the for a lack of a better term "incompetence" of DPG....they honestly had a golden opportunity with the lull of BFA to atlest have several months of people subscription

But they have basically burnt that bridge..... With the current release of Ardune server I have also stop my subscription ends the 13th
  7. Barry31 New Member

I'm 100% behind u Xeris, i made a similar post to yours recently.
  8. Hadesborne Augur

Wait, wait, where does it say ANYWHERE that this forum is being forced upon you? Stop reading if you don't like it GENIUS.
    Thygrym likes this.
  9. Tucoh Augur

I'm on EST time zone and I prefer queues. Better that 3000 people get good service than 4000 people get bad service.

That being said, there are fundamental technical problems and hardware provisioning that they can work on to improve things to give good service to 4000 people.
  10. ethyre Augur

But it's worse: Now the queue logic has changed. In my case I "true box" on two separate PC's. I used to be able to log them in together every single time. Now with the "fixes" One gets throgh the queue and one has waited as long as seven hours (literally). So I cannot true box on this true box server. So the situation changed, for the worse.

It is totally reasonable for customers to complain when the "fixes" fail or make things worse, time after time.
  11. ethyre Augur

How did you come up with this "fact" ?
  12. Tucoh Augur

Yeah I've heard the same problem from others. FWIW I get in simultaneously on my two boxes.

Do you close the queue dialog that pops up or do you leave it open? I leave it open, but we've been told it doesn't matter.
  13. ethyre Augur

I leave the queue untouched with the dialogue box open. It's very, very weird because both PC's used to get in within a minute of each other every time. Then the queue was loosened and lag went up, then they tightened the queue and now I have this problem. Something seems to have changed.
    Tucoh likes this.
  14. Weebles101 Journeyman

There's no place here for your nonsensical, crackpot theories.
  15. eqfanforlife Elder

Rizlona > Aradune

give in to the dark side
  16. Ruiner Lorekeeper

We shouldn't have to pick between two horrible options. But personally a 2 hour queue because of a random client crash seems unacceptable to me. Apparently it's asking too much for them to put in some sort of reconnect option.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

Really? I don't see "fact" anywhere in his post. You can't tell opinion from fact?
  18. Thygrym Elder

And yet here you are whining... the hypocrisy. People have legitimate complaints because Aradune is unplayable for a good many because they simply cannot log in. It was much better with the zoning and chat lag.. because you could at least log in and play and get some xp.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Queues > Lag

or

Lag > Queues

Arguing these two sides is simply an argument over whose opinion is better, which is why you're both right & both wrong simultaneously.

Neither opinion has any factual basis to quantify their value they both rely on belief.

You're just expressing a preference.

Neither "should be" the case at all after this amount of time a resolution to both issues should have been performed, Daybreak/Darkpaw just picked their poison is all when deciding upon which to go with.

I hope the upcoming patch does a lot to help resolve these problems & then you can all go back to your gaming instead of taking pointless pot-shots at each other.
  20. TheChosenOne Augur

Unfortunately I think they're suffering from budget restraints and decisions being made by "Suits".

They have statistical data on how the population of new TLPs is always critically high for the first month or so, but then probably starts to rapidly drop off. They likely don't want to make an investment in beefier server hardware, along with the down time and staffing costs to migrate to a new server, when the spike of activity is only going to be temporary. Then in a year when PoP hits, they will have to downsize the server as population drops dramatically and they begin wasting money on horsepower they don't need

This was a business decision by somebody. Honestly I think they are also victims to the old technology that the game runs on, because with VMware environments these days its really quick and easy to scale your server horsepower to meet needs. They could just plan for the initial surge of players by ramping up hardware prior to launch and then slowly ramp down as the population drops, but a Suit somewhere decided they could make $X more dollars by just letting their loyal playerbase deal with the problems for a month
    Tucoh and Skuz like this.