I guess that argument is over

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rampart, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Rampart New Member

So for months, maybe years there was a huge debate that boxers said we needed a boxing server and trueboxers said, we don't want a boxer server because there are more trueboxers then boxers. Guess we now have the evidence that trueboxing servers are the most popular. I can log onto rizlona immediately; but there is a 121 minute wait to log on so many more people are also waiting to join a truebox server. So my simple math is if each player on rizlona has 6 boxes, that would be 3000 accounts divided by 6 which means less then 500 players since I can log right on. Aradune, if each player is playing 1 or 2 boxes means there are at least 1500 players active with more waiting to get in. And that is just at the snapshot moment in time when I tried to log in... 8 pm PST. I guess we need more truebox servers
  2. jeskola pheerie

Show me where boxers ever said there were more interested in non-truebox than truebox. It was never said. We simply wanted a server without truebox to fit our playstyle. Rizlona is awesome, I am loving it. Please keep Rizlona out of your Aradune-related complaints.
    Xenorius9, code-zero and Skuz like this.
  3. Bullsnooze Augur

There was never an argument - just a few people making a lot of noise as always.
    Tucoh likes this.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

Also, let's re-visit this in 1 year. And again in 2 years.
  5. Basak Augur

I don't recall an argument. Not sure about other people but I knew for certain Aradune would be more popular of the two. But I do not like truebox and is why I barely played on any of the TLPs that used it. Having said that, I do still play on Truebox servers, Aradune included, just not as much as I now play on Rizlona.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

False premise, since the argument doesn't exist your conclusion & your entire post is invalidated.
    Pumpernickel, code-zero and Tucoh like this.
  7. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

the real boxers are on aradune still because thats where the krono market is right now. Most boxers will leave aradune when no drop loot stops dropping and go to rizliona..
    Gnothappening likes this.
  8. Gnothappening Augur

I have logged in to both. I have seen more six box teams on Aradune than I did on Rizlona. What is really funny is when one of these six box teams changes location and moves one toon all the way to the new camp, then one more, and so on until all six are moved.

As for the OP's original argument. I think what people said was that boxers were what keep the lights on. Regular players are good for a quick injection of cash, but they all quit after a little while. The boxers and power raiders are the ones that stay for the long haul.

Personally, I am interested in seeing how this goes long term. I know a lot of people complain about boxers, from the people doing power levels in the deep to the guys auctioning raid loot. But I bet a lot of regular players give those guys krono. Honestly, I think the people who will be affected most will be the people who make a new alt every month and the people who quit for the last half of an expansion and come back. Neither of these will have quick ways to catch up in level or gear.
    Bigz_Zupdarty likes this.
  9. Korea numbah3 Elder

I would have started on rizoleena if it didn't begin in classic. Against my better judgement knowing how hard aradune will crash when it peaks in PoP, I started there because thats where the Krono are. I would bet on riz being a late bloom server or more people like me playing aradune first couple months and riz the next with these long expansion timers.

I wish the next cluster of TLPs we get would be pre-announced to merge at a certain point. When aradune tanks there's going to be less opportunity for grouping with fewer alts and only having toons that are primarily powerful for the earlier xpacs. A merge with rizlona would be worth it after OOW. Hopefully they re-visit the free-trade idea to make more things accessible. Classic camps seem to have really bad RNG and the longer respawn timers for those zones doesn't make sense with the amount of people fighting for everything.
  10. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

It's actually just sad reading boxer "Rationalizations" at this point.
  11. Korea numbah3 Elder

Because soloer "Rationalizations" are so much more valid?
  12. Pawtato Augur

Weird didn’t know you couldn’t even 2 box on Aradune...
  13. Kahna Augur

Fixed that for you.
  14. Weebles101 Journeyman

Yeah, we need another truebox server, but what does that have to do with Rizlona?

Also, you’ve clearly not logged on Rizlona if you think the average player is 6 boxing. Most players here either prefer the environment or want to be able to box without the tedium of rigging multiple laptops or VM’s. I’ve seen one 9 boxer, one 6 boxer, and countless 2 and 3 boxers.
  15. Aneuren Tempered Steel

I don't think you'll find a single boxer opposed to trueboxers having a second, third, even fourth server opened to help you with your struggles.

Unlike some trueboxers and what they have argued for on these forums, those of us that enjoy playing EverQuest the way it was originally coded do not believe that we need to "convert" Aradune or "never release a truebox server again" for us to be able to enjoy our time here.
    jeskola and TheChosenOne like this.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

I think that's exactly what we expected: both the truebox the freebox crowds.

I don't have a horse in this race. I'm still on Phinny.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

I'd move two at a time. ;)
  18. Gnothappening Augur

I know right? Why just move one? Also, I did watch someone who was using software. I watched six toons run in a line following the same path. Not the lead person turns and they all adjust to move to him, No, the lead person turned in a sloping arc and all of the other toons followed in the exact same sloping path, one after the other. I don't think six real players could follow the exact same path strung out behind each other.

Thing is, all of the people who think the boxing server is for the boxers... sorta. The boxing server draws all of the people who just want to box a group and have fun. Most of the krono crowd will be on Aradune because that is where it is at. People are already doing charm plvl and damage shield plvl. Only issue is, if someone is afk and another person reports that group, everyone will get the boot.
  19. jeskola pheerie

A thousand likes to this.
    Skuz and Aneuren like this.