Bonus exp sure is great!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by wade_watts, Jun 11, 2020.

1. wade_watts Augur

Especially when you sit staring at server select for hours on end. I get the server is busy but the cap decrease + bonus exp seems to have just made it worse. I'd personally prefer longer zoning times if it means I could actually play and that folks could get in to group up.

How about you run the bonus exp for as long as there is a queue to get in if the intent is to help players deal with it and make up lost playtime. A couple night now in which my friends didn't start the queue early enough so we never got to actually play together. Certainly frustrating.
  2. Vaneksniper Elder

just waited 2.5 hrs to get in game.....crash on zoning...back in 3 hour queue now. Amazing really
  3. Malachi Augur

You receive experience with a DPG ran game! (with a bonus)

- Your Faction with A Queue gets better (+160m)
    Mezrah and nbkan like this.
  4. wade_watts Augur

+1 for that idea. I could get behind pouring gas onto the dumpster fire I guess. At least that would be entertaining.

It probably wasn't them reducing the server capacity cap.
  5. Raisehell Lorekeeper

Reducing the cap wouldn't create nearly 3 hour Q's. Reducing the cap and saying "Hey, MOAR XP" definitely would
  6. eqfanforlife Elder

It sure is great.

Been having a blast playing on Rizlona.

Never have ques, very fast zone times. People are so laid back and chill over here it's great.

Also enjoying being able to just log in and instantly get to work with my 5 man box team on one PC.

Don't have to wait for hours LFG, don't have to deal with turds in group going afk and just sitting there collecting free XP.

Don't have to debate on where to go or what camps I want to sit at, just basically do what I want.

Yup Rizlona sure has been great I would like to thank the dev's for the bonus xp to get my boxes levled up quicker.

Thank you DBG
    MileyVyrus likes this.
  7. wade_watts Augur

Other than the fact that you don’t have queues because nobody is playing on your server, I don’t have any of the other problems you mentioned. I’m glad you are having fun and I’m sure Rizlona is great if you don’t want to play with others.

Anyways... DPG - lets extend out the Bonus exp please. I’ve not been able to play worthwhile for about 3 days now because of queuing and DC’s. Others are refusing to camp out and are the top guilds are writing / sharing scripts to select between characters on the char select screen so they don’t get booted. While it’s annoying, I have a hard time blaming them. All this queue is doing is forcing people to find ways to stay in AFK. It’s worse this weekend than is was at launch?
  8. MileyVyrus Elder

I sat in a 2 hr queue for 3+ hrs while eating lunch, doing laundy, went for an hr run etc...

Still never got in and am leaving for work soon enough that even if it clicked over now i'd have no real reason to log in and play anyways.

It's a bummer, but it's my own fault for not doing Rizolna instead because this was 1000% predictable.

I actually enjoy the queue when its like an hr because it forces me to do something productive while waiting to waste my time having fun with eq. But yeah, they do really need to do something different on the weekend/prime time.

While i think raiding in classic is laughably sad, i respect the fact that it'd be super hard to hold a guild together and raiding at set times with 3 hr queues.

A second mirror server would be smart, but releasing even a single mangler clone between mangler and Aradune (or 2 servers worth of Aradune) would have been smart, too.

It's hard to throw stones, though.. The company in charge of eq tlp has basically botched every single tlp launch since.. ever.. and we still come back for more, so /shrug. We ain't that smart ourselves.
  9. MileyVyrus Elder

You also have practically a zero-Karen EQ experience on your server. Which is something magical you are taking for granted, sir. Imagine having to read these forums in /ooc and gen chat channels all day long... That's the real plague of aradune. heh.
  10. Tweakfour17 Augur

Honest question, have you actually logged into Rizlona? By all accounts its a decent server where tons of people are only 2-3 boxing and some are even solo. This meme from the Aradune or bust crowd that they server is a ghost town of 100 man bot armies is kinda funny.
  11. Koronu187 Elder

lol this is the saddest thing ive read today.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

You should browse more threads on this very forum then, there is way sadder...
  13. toasty4800 Elder

Nobody?

Im in a guild full of real people, our raids are full.

I can do single group content by myself, which includes long camps, go afk whenever I want because my boxes won't complain, and I don't have to carry players in my group.

I imagine you are actually dog poo at the game and jealous of people who are able to perform multiple roles at once, while you struggle with your main role.

Furthermore just because there's a larger crowd doesn't mean better quality, there are plenty of botters and cheaters on aradune, that's where the krono farmers are.

It's also where the particularly terrible players are, like yourself.
  14. Malachi Augur

I have no quarrel with boxing one bit. I myself, do not, but any negative pre-concieved notion about it I've gotten over years ago. A decade even.

That said, the claim of "plenty xyz on the server I don't play on" is the same tired and negligent claim each server here is accusing each other of. Replace ksing greedy box army with botting cheating krono farmer.

Its rather amusing.
  15. eqfanforlife Elder

It's just a fact that the botting, cheating krono farmers on aradune.

Sorry you don't like to hear it.

It's very chill on rizlona.
  16. Malachi Augur

I have no metaphorical dog in the fight. I'm currently online enjoying Aradune, but honestly I think I would be just as happy on Rizlona. But I imagine it would feel just so good to think someone is so angry to hear something so obvious.

Yes, every server has botting, cheating krono farmers. More populated servers will harbor more of the unpleasantry.That is a logical following.
    I'm pointing out the hilarity of the finger pointing. When I did, I get a finger point 2 minutes later.

It's rather amusing.
  17. Gio1999 Augur

Everyone:
    Rizlona Players: "Hey you should join our server, it's so amazing, we love it here, it totally is a bustling busy server, please join us, it's fun, plenty of solo players to play with, you can avoid the queue, and there's not that many boxers we swear! ha ha ha ha aha ha ! Please! haha ! Pleeeeeeease?!"
    wade_watts likes this.
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

Have you tried logging in and seeing for yourself?
  19. nagash101 Augur

They need to run 50% bonus until the end of Classic so i can at least hit max level by then. Only being able to login 50% of the time, if that is just silly.