Time to add a TLP server, or just wait out customers leaving ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Imyur, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Imyur New Member

Aradune really is a great server. Clearly lots of people feel that way. But this situation seems like this: A waitress anticipates a customer will leave a lousy tip. So she provides lousy service, knowing she isn't going to get anything worth the effort anyway. And then, because of lousy service, she gets a lousy tip. And she thinks to herself, "Well, at least my experience helped me avoid wasting my effort there."

By not launching another server, they're just 'waiting it out' for people to give up and leave in frustration. Instead of recognizing the opportunity here, and launching another server to handle the load that Aradune, very clearly, cannot.

Just do it. Launch another server like Aradune. Send a notice to everyone that has logged in to Aradune even if just once saying we started another one. You'll alleviate congestion on Aradune, and capture people that had already / were about to, give up after their 1 month sub.
  2. Sikkun Augur

Guys remember that time Blizzard added new servers due to expected demand and people refused to move even though they hadn’t even started. Then they complained about 10 hour queues?

Imagine how few will move after they have already been playing for weeks.
  3. Trey Elder

Add a 2nd with a planned post PoP server merge.
  4. Trey Elder

Easy. Give the 2nd server a 50% xp boast for 10 days. Problem solved.
    Clearly the devs thought the box server was going to be a hit--but, it's painfully obvious they're not in touch with their players on a basic level. Virtually everyone wants to play on Aradune, which is why the demand is so huge. The box server is alright if you like playing solo...but few want to play EQ that way unless there are no other options.
  5. Ruiner Lorekeeper

My entire guild moved off incendius due to queue times. Do you work for daybreak games or something? You defend them an awful lot.
    Cohhfarmage likes this.
  6. KimchiGoddess Augur

I actually like this idea, call it Mithara.
    Delphwind likes this.
  7. Sikkun Augur

And there were still 10 hour+ queues where there not?

People confuse defend and factual statements an awful lot. Releasing a second server 2 weeks later vs 2 weeks ago is going to result in a lot of people refusing to move while claiming OTHER people should move. “Already leveled, have bags, my guild is established”.

Really arguing that won’t be the case?

“Why is there still a queue!!! DBG should stop all character creation!!!” It’ll be a great time.
  8. HxCxDxAxD New Member

personally I just cant see myself playing here much longer. That pretty much means that my accounts will likely go dormant again until they decide to do something different that strikes my fancy. I cant get on when I have the time so losing interest here. At this point i would not entertain a restart on another server.
  9. KimchiGoddess Augur

There are ways to entice people to move, should DPG want to go forward with the option of a second server. Of course I do not believe this will ever actually happen so the thread/discussion is likely a moot point anyway.

But they could offer to transfer all DB store purchases to the other servers, remove the items from the characters on Aradune and either give them the /claim back to use themselves or have a character created on the new server and put the items on the character of the players choosing.Or they could provide free server transfers so that nothing is actually lost.

They know the numbers that we do not. They know how many people will leave the server stable and can offer the move at no cost to the player for the first X people who are willing to transfer and then cut it off.

They could merge it later and if they wanted to I am going to assume they could also possibly make the names people picked still remain unavailable to people rolling new characters on Aradune for the potential server merge down the road.
    Imyur likes this.
  10. Bullsnooze Augur

It happened with Ragefire, so I wouldn't take it off the table with Aradune. :)
  11. Whoops Augur

This is speculation, but they may want to do this but are wary of doing so because the last time they launched new servers, all of their servers crashed. Since Jenn's letter said
    in reference to the second crash that day, it sounds to me like they'd be skittish about trying it again until they're very confident it won't crash everything.
  12. kit74 Lorekeeper

1st a lot of people did take them up on the offer tho...and when they did add servers they doubled it
  13. KimchiGoddess Augur

How long after the server launch did they do the second server though? Like have we passed that point with Aradune already?
  14. Bard2019 Elder

That's easy. Offer a 24 hour free move. This is all about playability and spreading the current population out, not about a new server giving an additional fresh start. No one will need to start over. They did the same for Lockjaw/Ragefire for a duration of time.