Any chance of a 5 minute grace in queue after DC?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by 80083r, Jun 10, 2020.

1. 80083r New Member

My internet blipped for about 5 seconds tonight, just long enough to lose connection to the EQ server, barely long enough for a glitch in voice comms, but then 90 minutes in queue again.

Not sure it's an option, but it would be nice to have to momentary crashes and people who bug out immediately after zoning in.
    Grok likes this.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Previously on TLPs with queues when you kicked your character from the game at server select it would attempt to kick the character then skip the queue and put you straight at the character select screen in 1 action.

At some point in the past ?yearish? kicking characters from server select will attempt the kick the character, and then time out even if it succeeds in kicking the character. This prompts you to have to try to enter the server again this time having no issue since your character has been kicked. Normally this is just a mild annoyance because there are no queues for 99% of playtime on EQ but definitely sucks when you face a 90min queue because of it since it no longer bypasses. I think this is related to the similar "bug" where logging out of an account from character select would kick you back to the user/pass screen and not the server select.

To be clear, I don't believe this was an intentional change.
  3. Insanoflex New Member

As I posted in another thread last night. I waited for 90 mins in queue then crashed at char select and bounced back to end of queue. I gave up at that point. I'll try again tonight, but that kick in the nuts really took the wind out of my sails.
  4. 80083r New Member

Yeah, I had similar feelings watching my ping bar slowly turn yellow, then red, then "you have been disconnected" but my toon is still in the world. :(