Queue says 7 mins for the past 2 hours wtf

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Skuk, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Skuk New Member

I understand its busy but i have a char on the server select screen, 7 mins, i have been waiting for over 2 hours. Can you improve this queue timer to reflect realistic times please.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

To be fair, the only way the queue can determine time estimates is by:

1) the rate at which people are logging off on average
    2) the length of the queue
    3) your position in the queue

If they don't have anyway to dynamically determine number 1, they probably look at some average over X period of time and use that as a standard. So if people don't actually log off, no one moves up in the queue, but since they are using a static value for #1, your estimate never changes.

Just a guess. Prime time after work I bet those queue times are by far the least accurate, since more are logging on and fewer logging off.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Thrawnseg Augur

It was 7 mins at 4pm but still took me about 15 then. I can only imagine it being hours at this point based on the recent server issues and amount of people playing who aren't logging off.
  4. Creedmonk Augur

Looks like 47 minutes currently, does that mean the chat lag and zone times are fixed?
  5. Thrawnseg Augur

Yep! Everything is back to normal - 2-5 sec zones and no chat lag at all.
  6. chadesh New Member

it would be nice to just be able to play, I mean since it's required to pay all access just to get onto these servers. I paying to sit in a que atm
  7. Visha New Member

id rather have a que than server lag. Granted i was lucky enough to get in few hours ago.
  8. Dyzalot Augur

Queue estimate was about 48 minutes for me when I tried logging in about an hour ago but I always adjust the estimate upwards when approaching or in EST prime time and adjust downwards when at the end of or after EST prime time.
  9. TheTone Elder

66 minutes now, but I've been in this for 2+ hours.

Is the trick to log in around 4pm ET, run an AHK script to prevent afk kick, and then play? I guess I can remote into my home PC from work before I leave.

This blows.
  10. Thrawnseg Augur

There was a queue at 4pm also, btw. So logging at 3 might be your hope.
    TheTone likes this.
  11. Dyzalot Augur

So I got in after about a 90 minute wait and client randomly crashes while running through commons so back in the queue. Looks like at least another 90 minutes before back in again.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

How about instead of a queue to get in, they give Aradune a queue to log out. You've got 3 hours of playtime before your spot closes and you go back in line =P that way you know at least every 3 hours its cycling people through o_O Kinda like when a pick announces it's closing except it you can't use an auto clicker to dodge the afk kick haha
  13. Dyzalot Augur

LOL as a rogue I've been LFG for an hour or two at times. Would kind of suck.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  14. Tweakfour17 Augur

I
    It would haha, but you also can't be lfg in the queue so whats the difference I guess. Sadly there is no right answer, well there is, but we know they won't be massively upgrading anything anytime soon so..there is no right answer.
  15. Dyzalot Augur

Actually I kind of can be LFG in the queue to an extent, at least in the guild discord. But yeah, I get your point. There just is no good answer considering the current hardware and resources they are working with
  16. Insanoflex New Member

Just waited 90 mins in queue and crashed going to char select and back to queue. At least you got to see the grass....
  17. Dyzalot Augur

Best part is I had run from North Kaladim all the way to Commons and was commenting in guild chat how stable the server seemed and literally crashed like five seconds later. Guess I was punished for opening my mouth.
  18. Lejaun Augur

I crashed right as a raid I was in was starting. Great.
  19. Hottcakes New Member

Mine has said 82 minutes for about two hours.
    This is really ridiculous. Rather take 5 minutes to zone and be able to play.
    Most of us are adults with limited time, I came back 3 weeks ago and boy has this been a ride of garbage, downtimes, issues.
    Love this game and want to enjoy it for a bit to relive the nostalgia, but only so much I can put up with.
  20. Lejaun Augur

I agree. I'd gladly take slow zone times to actually be able to play. Being in queue for almost two hours, then getting booted for no reason (I don't even box) and put back in the queue is very frustrating.