Is Aradune ACTUALLY that populated? Some numbers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rothj, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Sikkun Augur

2. Malachi Augur

One day when I was playing in 2004 there was 2 people in the plane of innovation therefore Aradune's servers are dead.
  3. Xeris Augur

I don't know why people are hating on the numbers...

a) They reflect actual people/boxes, so you can say that at minimum there are 1,900 or w/e people on

b) This doesn't account for multiple class channels (I.E. Enchanter 2), so the number could be higher

c) This doesn't account for people that don't join their class channels, or leave them

All in all, the idea is that at 10:30am CST, there's at least 1,900 confirmed people on Aradune, and 100% certain there are more than that... and it's not even prime time. So, server capacity number around 4,000 seems to make some logical sense given this information. It would be neat if someone tracked this data every day at the same time, across a few different times in the day (1030 am, 3pm, 7pm, 11pm) to get a better picture of the server pop. However, what's provided here is enough to anecdotally say that the server probably hits ~4k active players during primetime, if not more than this.
  4. Bard2019 Elder

It's hard for it to be populated, when you limit the capacity to 2500 players, while 5000+ are hoping to play. I'm sure the queue and zoning issues will eventually drive those numbers down as people bail on the server though. But I can't see how that benefits the players or the devs.
  5. Protagonist Tank

There's an element of unemployed, rage-filled, rural americans that have been using the public channels on Aradune to vent their racist, right wing rage. Pretty much everyone turned those channels off and has been happier for it.
    Vindar and Pawtato like this.
  6. Deadshade Augur

There is an element
    There is an element of unemployed, rage-filled urban americans that have been using the public channels on Aradune to vent their racist left wing rage. Pretty much everyone put them on ignore and has been happier for it.

(No, I am not American but some posts from Americans are really very bad at the second degree)
  7. Pawtato Augur

You should really think about what it is that you typed.
    Nordgaren and Protagonist like this.
  8. Sikkun Augur

So basically everyone on the server is on ignore?
    Nordgaren likes this.
  9. That0neguy Augur

But neither of them were trying to math any numbers. You wanted to say double 2500 which is 5000. But you couldn't find anything to prove that so you dig up something that says more than 4k. Could that mean 5000? Could that mean 10000? Or could it mean 4500? You have no way to tell but you feel like its easier to just say they doubled it when you have no idea what its at.
  10. Shoryuureppa Journeyman

I've seen a good share of "prejudiced, left wing rage" on the server too, you would be kind of a hypocrite to just single out the toxic right wing rage and not the toxic left wing rage, but hey at least you are a more privileged class since those spewing their left wing rage did not get any suspensions while the right wing rage people get a 7 day suspension for giving out a different opinion.
  11. Dyzalot Augur

I agree. I've seen toxicity on the general chat channels from "both sides" of the American political mainstream spectrum. But each side thinks it is the other one being the toxic ones.
  12. Sikkun Augur

I wanted and did say they more than doubled it to more than 4k. Because they said they doubled it and threw out the more than 4k number.

You want to troll.

At least we are all on the same page now.
  13. Name2 Augur

You're pretty literally replying to ThatGuy. You knew what you were getting into.
  14. That0neguy Augur

So if they more then doubled 2500 why say 4k and not 5k?

...oh cuz you have no proof. Got it.
  15. Dyzalot Augur

If that quote originally came from EQ then it was poor language on their part, not the person quoting them. And yes, normal people would say "more than 5K" if trying to claim something "more than doubled from 2.5K".
  16. Sikkun Augur

4k is a number people thought at Ragefire....Ragefire more than doubled the old cap. Holly confirmed it was more than 4k (that people thought the cap was).

Which part exactly are you having problems with?

It was 2500. [1]
    They claimed to double it. (More than 2 servers combined) [2]
    The number they stated was “way past 4k”. [3]

All factual statements and the best information we have to go by.

But if thinking I don’t know 2.5k x 2k = 5k makes your day better. Enjoy!

1. https://spectrum.ieee.org/consumer-electronics/gaming/engineering-everquest
    2. https://mobile.twitter.com/AristoEQ/status/601843161833418752
    3. https://mobile.twitter.com/TheWindstalker/status/601847609687322624
  17. Rhoulicas Augur

How many people are the wow servers designed for and why in 2020 cannot the technology be brought in to make the servers handle 10000? Why was this investment never made? Because Daybreak is not a growing company, they only are interested in stagnation and staying afloat.
  18. Sikkun Augur

Don’t think Blizzard ever said a number for Classic (people think 2500-3500), with sharding all live WoW players are basically sharing all the physical servers anyway. FFXIV works this way also. But that’s also why those games have cross server play....servers are not really a physical concept anymore.
  19. valorian New Member

Are you for serious, or trolling? You think a WoW classic realm has 2500-3500 simultaneous logins? What did you even google to find 'people think', cause a 2 second google shows whitemane and firemaw with over 10k with 'people think' which is total nonsense anyway.

There's a p1999 server - with volunteer stewardship mind you - right now with over 1200 simultaneous logins, but wow classic realms run 3500... yea ok... totally...

Agree about the physical concept thing, its not a thing. And if you're just discussing physical per server and not realm, then I back down from my rebuttal, but it does throw people off when you talk server vs realm/aradune cause I a lot of people think they're the same. Seems pointless in that vein to address physical per server capacity, cause it means little to the issue of aradune... unless they can't cluster or virtualize or load balance or all the things that you could google...

edit: jfc, this is what happens when queues are 99min, what am i doing with my life
  20. Sikkun Augur

WoW classic as in original vanilla servers in 2004 people though there was around 2500-3500 per server yes, yes they did.

The current WoW classic has sharding and all the modern stuff of WoW live when there was 10k....queues, still have no idea how many they let one. And we have no idea what the server capacity is after they removed sharding.