Aradune Update 6/10/20

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Jun 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lungvin Lorekeeper

so i paid to play a game and can not play it becuase by the time im home from work i have to sit in a que again for it looks like 2 hours. So that gives me 1 hour of play time maybe if i dont crash. How about giving those that play on aradune like 15 days added to their game time or money to spend in the store. Something would be nice, thats for sure.
    lockjaws, Dudeisbeast and Kastore like this.
  2. Kastore New Member

Complete disagree with you. The game was playable, it just had long zone times. Having a queue over 25 minutes will make a lot of players cancel their subs and say f it. I'm sure Darkpaw could find a better solution but they won't put in the funds to do so. This isn't the first TLP. And they knew this one would be the biggest. Why not be prepared??
  3. Amygdala New Member

Was kinda looking forward to an EQ comeback with Aradune server, but two days and no luck. Y'all really should have known Aradune would have been the most popular server of the two based on past progression servers. The future is a very bleak one with this company. Yikes.
    lockjaws, D3C0D3D and Dudeisbeast like this.
  4. Rhoulicas Augur

Just open another server already called McQuaid.
    lockjaws likes this.
  5. LibertyOgre New Member

This is rough. Dreamweaver, I know it isn't your fault that the server is absolutely hosed, but what I would appreciate is some honesty here. If Darkpaw isn't going to make the investment to improve hardware for a server like Aradune then it would be best if we all just admit that and your customers can make an informed decision about continuing to subscribe (most of whom are likely subbed specifically to play on this TLP). The persistent issues and the return of the queue are choking the life out of my hype for this server and my nostalgia for this game. If there isn't a real solution on the horizon, just say so.
  6. Ponador New Member

Is it possible to create /Pick servers? Like the multiple zones?
  7. Grant Joy New Member

You are effectively locking out the west coast. An hour and a half long queue is WAY worse than occasional zoning disconnects. At least I got to play, now I don't get to play.

By the way, the game crashes often when loading the first time, which means you have to wait through the queue again! So now you still have crashes, but you have to wait through a queue TWICE.

I'm sorry but this was soooo much better when you allowed people to play, even with disconnects. Everyone was happier. I'm really disappointed.
    Arog, Kastore, lockjaws and 1 other person like this.
  8. Grant Joy New Member

The game was completely playable, the zones were just a little slow. Now the game cannot be played. It is far more unplayable now, as there are still crashes but you can't get back in at all. It was so much better before.
    Arog, Kastore, lockjaws and 1 other person like this.
  9. HolyHell New Member

I'm sorry but a reply from DayBreak doesn't make this garbage okay. You guys can talk all you want about how players should calm down but at the end of the day we all paid a premium monthly fee to play a 20+ year old game and waiting 90 mins in queue is not giving me what I paid for. What blow my mind is there's people hosting EqEmu servers that host 1,000+ players at one time on a $100 a month servers that load in like 1 or 2 seconds so please tell me how DayBreak as a 85 million dollar a year mmo gaming company fails at this? I'm done after this 90 min queue bull crap and I'm filing a charge back with my credit card company for not giving me what I paid for. Will they feel it? No, but maybe if more of you say enough is enough they will get it together and give us some semi okay servers and customer support.
  10. Arugan Lorekeeper

You spent a week in silence and this is the best post you could come up with the address the community? At first I sympathized with the challenges dumped on your lap. But you really did not step up to the occasion. There are no excuses anymore.

Open a second server and allow transfers. It’s not rocket science. What the hell is everyone doing over there? You should livestream your team meetings on twitch. At least then we would get some entertainment out of this clown show we are paying for.
  11. Dudeisbeast New Member

48 minute Queue to login.

Login

Disconnect in Commonlands an hour later.

96 minute Queue to log back in.

Would you guys get your xxxx together and replace this Windows 2000 server you found in your uncle's garage..
    lockjaws, D3C0D3D and HolyHell like this.
  12. Dudeisbeast New Member

Oh... and I have to sit here for 96 minutes and keep moving my house around in the useless window and change server selections so that my Server Select doesn't timeout.

GG Darkbreak
  13. Grant Joy New Member

This is shocking to me too. Obviously people just want a no-box server. Why the hell do they refuse to give people what they want?
    Kastore and Bannshee like this.
  14. Bannshee New Member

So lets see if I understand this correctly. I work 12 hours day. I come home and I want to play EQ for a couple of hours to unwind and I'm expected to wait 90+min before I can play. Please explain to me how this is better. You expect people to get in a queue and just wait and be happy about it? Basically you are catering to the people who are retired, disabled, and out of work who can wait to log in and discriminating against anyone who has to work for a living. I can't in the queue from work and play at home. If you ld once your in your out of the game for an hour or more. If you can't give us the ability to login whenever then you should reduce membership costs by 75% at least. Of course to compensate for the inability to login you should just put a 2000% exp bonus to offset the time stuck in a queue. I'm sure once everyone is level 50 the population will drop. Do you think you will have the problem fixed by the time Kunark comes out? How are people supposed to RAID if they have to login 90 min in advance and wait another 90 min if they crash for some reason. Where in the EULA does it say only some people get to play at anyone time? At a bare minimum you should allow us server transfers to and from Aradune from any other server but only allow current expansion gear to transfer.
    Kastore and HolyHell like this.
  15. Sakuraba Augur

Reminder: The queue for Aradune does not work like the FF14 or WoW queues. You are not in a line waiting to actually get logged into the server.

You are in a line waiting to take someone else's spot in the server. So you will not move out of queue until someone straight up logs off. Anyone running two characters at once is taking two slots. Additionally, if you are trying to get two accounts in at once, you are waiting for two of those slots.

Assuming the current server capacity is ~5000 and we assume about ~3000 of those are boxed characters, you are going to be waiting for awhile.

They tried to run the servers with a much higher capacity around the middle of last week and over the weekend, only for different issues to arise, some of which were not affecting the entire population either but they were issues nonetheless. These issues included greatly increased zoning time, chat message delay (Both global and chats like group/guild), black screens, login server response failures, and straight up disconnects.

I understand it sucks for those of us with limited play times, but there are really only a small handful of things we can do. Deal with the queue, play at odd hours, or simply play Rizlona instead -- although, if too many move it'll just start displaying Aradune's issues too.
    lockjaws likes this.
  16. HolyHell New Member

Same reason they don't spend more money on servers. It's all about max profit. They say 'No automation and 2 boxing limit' but they don't enforce that crap, I saw a guy the other day with at least 3 or 4 characters on auto follow. The more boxers that play the more money they make.
  17. Bannshee New Member

If progression servers required a separate dedicated membership fee you would probably have this fixed by now because nobody would pay for a game that takes over 5 min to login. My son asked me to start playing EQ again. I guess there will be no family time since we are separated by two time zones and you guys can't handle the demand. I'm assuming part of the problem is that your still running a 32bit server to host everything. Maybe you could tell us what percentage of accounts have to wait in a queue vs the percentage of accounts that can actually play. Maybe you should refund everyone's money and krono investments, kill the server and try again. What the point of a progression server when you can't login and progress with everyone else.
  18. Bannshee New Member

Some of us wanted to play on a truebox server (1 computer per account required) or else we would have left already
    Seor likes this.
  19. HolyHell New Member

Seriously everyone should just leave and go over to The Al'kabor Project or P99 Green, I understand its not the same and I kinda liked the QOL improvements of Aradune but at what cost? I already feel like I got bent over for 5 days straight.
    Seor and D3C0D3D like this.
  20. wade_watts Augur

I gotta be honest. I complained about them not sharing information and just going silent. I'm pretty happy they are sharing and explaining the situation and am hopeful that there will be continued updates. All these PR rockstars trolling EQ forums.. There is nothing wrong with being transparent with your fanbase and communicating the good and the bad. Yes - a plan would be better, but this is infinitely better than seemingly not caring.

I am, of course, not ok with a 2 hour queue every night so I'd love to see an update that outlines a plan other than patience.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.