Things that are in NEED of fixing right now.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, May 29, 2020.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The only way to be rezzing them in a death cycle is if they are automatically accepting the rez. I guess it would be up for the player to report it to daybreak as harassment.

"Excuse me but I was using software to automatically accept rezzes and someone kept casting a zero percent res on me. I want them banned."

" I am sorry daybreak does not support the use of software to automate gameplay use at your own risk. Please regain any lost exp through gameplay." and then the link to the support database.

Or

"Did you ask them to step casting the rez?"

"No I wasn't at the keyboard at the time"

"I see"

P.S. the last I heard the unattended don't accept zero percent rezzes anymore.
    Coagagin and Nennius like this.
  2. Triconix Augur

How is choosing to accept a rezz that's given to you deemed harassment? If a person is actually at the keyboard, they have a choice to take the rezz or not. Knowing that it may be dangerous to take the rezz, simply thank the person for the rezz, don't take it, and summon your body in the GL. Repeatedly taking a rezz, knowing it will most likely result in death, is asinine. Why would you expect different results from doing the same thing? That's jutst insanity. The old saying of fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me fits this. It's your dam fault for taking the rezz every time. You have 100% control of whether or not you succumb to a death loop. It's obvious this person decided they wanted more exp to gain. What you're arguing is like being offered a drink, drinking it, then claiming you're being forced to drink.

I think your statement is garbage, but that's just me.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Nennius like this.
  3. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

which has no bearing on if the person rezzing them is harassing or not. It's similar logic to "I wasn't training them, I was helping them pull!"...and then being mad that you get suspended/warned for it.

in any case, you're right of course that there's little chance that someone would get in trouble for it. My response to that is that just because I know there's little chance I would get caught going 20 over the speed limit on a stretch of road that's long straight and has no shoulder doesn't make it any less illegal to do so... and i might even make the choice to do it on occasion... what i wouldn't advise though is doing it and then blabbing about it on the police department's public forum.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

A better car-analogy would be to explain to the police that the car-manufacturer "forced" you to speed driving, because the manufacturer didn't put a speed-limiter on your car...:rolleyes:

I can confirm that afk-bots doesn't just accept anything with a popup-box though, I tried to translocate a bot a long time ago, but it was not accepted...:p
  5. Igniz Augur

It's been 8 days since The next Antonius Bayle Thread has been locked to review 82 posts. At this point, it will probably not come back.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Lock and forget seems to be easier than trying to tackle the outspoken concern, plus it nicely fits the picture.

@Mods/GMs: May I suggest that you "lock" the botcrew "while you review" the hundreds of tickets sent to you (and in many cases even giving you access to video-proof) about the bot-crews that have gotten out of hand and broken numerous game rules? Go ahead! Take your time! People won't miss the rampaging botcrews!
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I agree with that.
  7. Natal Augur

Only an issue if you play the game to sell stuff, which is not the case for the vast majority of players. Almost everything for sale in the bazaar is not so rare that you can't just go out and farm it yourself. Anything that actually is rare and people want will sell unless you are planning to charge exorbitant amounts for it.

One way you can manipulate people using automation in the market place is if there is some item you want a lot of, such as a tradeskill piece. Buy one from them and then offer it for sale below what they are charging. If they undercut you, undercut them again until their price drops to their minimum. Then buy them out.