Overseer recovery quest question....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tatanka, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

So, I've pretty much skipped recovery missions, they just haven't seemed worth doing. Until the other day, and then today. And here's what happened.

First one, got 84% success chance, started it, and then used DBC to finish it right away. Failed. Chalked it up to bad RNG.

Today, same thing, had 82% success chance, paid DBC, failed.

Keep in mind, including these 2 missions, I have failed a total of 5 missions, ever. And completed 590 missions. So, this SEEMS like more than bad luck. Do they >really< not want people to finish the quests early anymore?
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

Out of curiosity, did you actually have incapacitated agents of that type when you did the quests, or were you just doing them to save the rewards for when you needed them?

Before the recovery quests on my accounts stopped giving the "recover agent" option as part of the reward, if I did a recovery quest just to save the reward for later (meaning I didn't have an incapacitated agent of that type), they would fail, whether I let them finish normally or used DBC to finish them immediately. Those were the only times I've ever seen recovery quests fail.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

No, they were both needed for incapacitated agents I had. Why else would I be paying to finish them quickly? :)
  4. Filterx New Member

more exp immediately, thats why.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I don't get your meaning. Could you rephrase?
  6. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

A lot of the Recovery Tasks are broke atm. Before you do one check the preview reward, if it shows Recover Agent along with the XP it will work, if it only shows the XP it won't work. Currently I have 2 recovery tasks in quest list but only one shows the Recover Agent line.
    Tatanka likes this.
  7. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Rare and elite recovery tasks are broken. Common and uncommon are fine.

At least that's what I've seen in 100+ checks since the last patch.
  8. Buster_Shruggs Augur

From what I've experienced with Overseer, anything over 86% brings me a success. 95% + tends to bring me a critical success. The recovery missions I ignore unless an agent has a HUGE timeout. Most times I've noticed by the time the next 12hr cycle is open the agent will be available. Also, I try to maintain at least 2x of each agent.
  9. Voktar Journeyman

Nothing hurts more in my EQPlayTime than prepare a quest with a +90% success rate, pay for it using DBC and getting a critical failure.

99.9% of my overseer history of failures/critical failures has been +85% success rates quests paid with DBC as i don't usually do any quest with lower success rates.
  10. Natal Augur

The tasks will only work on the con they are for. So, an elite task only works on elite agents and so on. And make sure it is for the right type as well (banished, incapacitated etc), otherwise they do nothing.
  11. Natal Augur

2X of each agent does not help you because if one is busy/out of action, all are unavailable.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

No, that wasn't the issue. Both times, for rare agents, and they were for the correct type of incapacitation.

Per several posts above, it seems they are not working right now. See @Cragzop and @Sokki.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Only if they are iconic. If not, they can be used separately (pretty sure I've verified this).
    Buster_Shruggs likes this.
  14. Heajol Augur

What about uncommon that are not iconic? Can they be used for more than one quest if you have multiples? Wondering if I should pay more attention when doing the uncommon conversion quest.
  15. Velisaris_MS Augur

As long as the agent is not tagged as "Iconic", you can use multiple copies in multiple quests.
  16. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

When you do the conversion quests, if you click on one that you have multiples of, if it doesn't grey out with the !, then you can use more than one copy.

If I have 4 or 5 duplicates when doing a rare conversion, I tend to leave the commons so I have the option of using 2.
  17. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

When you do the conversion quests, if you click on one that you have multiples of, if it doesn't grey out with the !, then you can use more than one copy.

If I have 4 or 5 duplicates when doing a rare conversion, I tend to leave the commons so I have the option of using 2.