Fixed Internally Overseer Limit on completing Tasks is not refreshing

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Billa, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Billa Apprentice

There is a limit on completing Overseer tasks of 10 per cycle (12 hours). This limit is supposed to reset to zero every time the available task list refreshes, but it is not doing so. In fact, today not only did the limit not reset to zero, it set itself from five to ten, preventing me from completing my finished tasks, even though I was still 5 short of the limit.

This is the second time this has happened to me. Both times I was trying to complete and refresh at around 2am EST. Both times all the tasks were past their completion timer and should have been ready for me to collect. The previous night i had logged in to check them shortly before they were complete and was able to finish them a few minutes later when they did complete. Perhaps the system is bugging if it hits the night time / early AM refresh with tasks that are about to finish and nobody checks on them. I'll be trying to check them before they complete when they are scheduled for late night pick up for the time being to see if this prevents the bug.

Anyone with different experiences, please post them so the Devs can have as much info as possible to fix this before it drives me mad. ;)
    Illy, Damieean, Fushoya and 26 others like this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Duplicate, keeps getting reported in multiple threads.
  3. Ealdien New Member

I concur, the same thing is happening to me constantly. Instead of logging on to see if I got a critical success, I log on to see if they have reset. The fact that I get more excited about them resetting than the results of the quest is, to say the least, sad.

The only additional information I can add regarding patterns is that mine have often reset the counter from either zero to ten quest done or five to ten quest done when I switch characters.
  4. YabaHow New Member

I have a screen shot of my tasks saying "0/10 completed" ....
    Then I switched characters so that I could claim the overseer tasks and when I opened up the task window, it had 10/10 completed....

I am now VERY AFRAID of switching toons if I want to do my overseer tasks. I make darn sure I log in with the toon that I want to claim the tasks with first.
  5. BeenThair New Member

Having the same problem.
  6. Lani New Member

I just posted about this to another thread. Mine went from 0/10 to 10/10 just because I zoned from the Housing Area to the Lobby, with no quests finished. This is increasingly frustrating.
    The max completed quests tally is not working. It randomly bugs and has happened to me almost daily (average of bug appearance over two accounts this past week).
  7. Billa Apprentice

I haven't noticed any correlation to switching characters so far, but I will keep an eye on it going forward. In relation to the observation that switching characters may cause the bug, I can confirm that it does not fix it. The first time this happened to me I tried switching through several characters and they were all at max.

I had the bug manifest on the afternoon refresh today, so it seems that it's not actually limited to the evening refresh.

Further observation suggests that this is a classic rollover bug. In my case, at least, it seems to trigger whenever I have 5 active tasks that complete within one hour of the task refresh. If this is the case, then when the task list refreshes, it sets the value for the completed tasks to 10 instead of zero.

My original customer service response indicated that they were not convinced that this was a bug. I must point out that for me to have 10/10 completed tasks and 11:35 hours:minutes to wait for a refresh, I would have had to have completed 10 tasks in 25 minutes. Although this is doable with DBG cash, you can easily check to confirm that I am not actually buying completions and then complaining that I can't buy more. :p
  8. Billa Apprentice

Also, in regards to there not being a CS solution at this time, I have three suggestions: 1) if the response can be done in a timely fashion (which might not be fiscally viable) you can just reset the counter, 2) provide "completion tokens" to allow the users to catch up on at least some of their missed rewards by having an immediate completion of the ones that were blocked, 3) if 2 isn't viable from a programing stance, then just provide a sum of DBG Cash to accomplish the same goal as 2.
  9. Marton Augur

I have the same problem.
  10. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

I'm wondering if the Conversions are doing it. They don't add to the count while doing it, but they might be incrementing behind the scenes, and then when it goes to reset the counter is over 10 so it bugs out. I've noticed when I don't do any conversion it resets fine, but last night I did a ton and woke up to a failed reset today.
  11. Ealdien New Member

Mine did not reset last night, once again. When they did reset after 24 hours I was on an alt and when I switched it went from 0/10 to 10/10. This has been a known issue for several weeks. Someone should at least acknowledge that they are aware of it and working on it. It is now at the point of being beyond irritating.
  12. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Sunday morning, do 5 12-hr missions.
    Sunday night, claim them (10/10), set up some 12s
    Monday morning, log on trader, switch to Rasper, timer reset but 10/10 with 9 hours to refresh.
    Monday night, raid on Atlane. Notice 0/10, switch to Rasper, 10/10 again.

By tomorrow morning it will be 36 hours since I claimed a task. For gods sake remove the 10 task restriction until you can fix the system at the very least.
    Metanis likes this.
  13. dreadlord Augur

Can we get a Dev response on this?
    This or any of the other similar threads that have had far far more player support/interest than other issues which have been addressed
    It's still a common issue....
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  14. Natal Augur

The task list refreshes once every 12 hours, the available number of completions has a 24 hour timer. You misunderstand how the system works.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Moege likes this.
  16. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I went 72 hours without being able to claim a task on my main account. Now, right after refresh, I'm looking at 8/10. Fix this, or remove the cap until you do.
    lockjaws and Thunderkiks like this.
  17. Ninelder Augur

Of course it keeps getting reported in multiple threads, they lock the threads and put them in resolved where you can't reply nor even finish reading the thread. Meanwhile the problem never gets fixed. Horrible CS.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  18. Ninelder Augur

36 hours without being able to claim an overseer reward or start a new quest due to the never-been-fixed 10/10 bug.
  19. Ninelder Augur

Logged in to another 10/10 lockout... Guess you guys still can't figure this out.
  20. klanderso Developer

There's a fix for this internally (it wasn't ready in time for the patch).
    lockjaws likes this.