A Note to the EQ Community from Jenn Chan

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by JChan, Jun 9, 2020.

1. questor56 New Member

Transparency - Wow what a novel idea. JChan you should have been in charge of this company a long time ago. Myself I noticed that the downtime updates had a lot more information than usual and that helped a lot.
  2. Whoops Augur

Thank you so much for this! Even if we can't actually help correct any of the issues as they arise, I think a lot of us appreciate knowing what went wrong, so this type of post certainly addresses that. It's a more satisfying communication than just "it's better now!" like some companies provide. It's too easy for people to either dismiss the latter, or to assume any future problem has the same cause that's never been properly fixed. This overview is MUCH more informative, and (hopefully!) builds stronger trust and patience. Right in the middle of things going wrong, I'd rather you spend your time figuring it out and repairing it than explaining it to us, but I definitely appreciate the explanation once things are a little calmer. I feel like this post shows you're doing exactly that. Keep up the good work!

PS: I did notice that a lot of you seem to be keeping either long hours or "weird" hours just from post history, so your extra efforts are not unnoticed! Thank you guys!
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Tshesebe Lorekeeper

If th

If that were the case, EQ wouldn't give any bonuses/specials for July 4, Christmas etc.
    Last year EQ observed Pride by offering an in-game reward. I was asking if they'd be doing something similar this year.
  4. Cidran Augur

That was an amazing read, thank you Jenn, honestly it was much needed and it is greatly appreciated. Your words bring confidence and hope:)
  5. Azurefrost Elder

Can you give us a heads up what's going on with the petition and appeal section of the company. I am having to wait 3 days for a response to an appeal, and when someone does look at it they instantlyclose the ticket without any investigation and I am forced to AGAIN reopen to ticket and ask for investigation into the ticket and have been unable to access the game due to players abusing the report feature. Please address this issue!!!
  6. Jordis Augur

One of the many things I like about EQ has been the willingness of developers to listen to and respond to the player base. I certainly appreciate your message and the direction that it moves EQ and Darkpaw. Along with the upgrading of hardware please consider some outside merchandising. I would love to have a 3D printed model of my main characters for instance. I do agree with Time Burn, I'm all for social justice and tolerance, but let's leave the outside politics there and concentrate on the many interlocking politics of the realms of EQ. It's a great game that promotes cooperation, team work and shared goals despite differences in the "real" world.
  7. rmain197210 New Member

Thank you for the informative post. I look forward to the improvements that will come in the future.
  8. Kreban New Member

Like many others here, I appreciate the open communication with everything that has happened in the last few months. I am more than happy to not see any new goodies in-game if it means better stability and loads more Everquest for the future. Keep up the good work!
    Whoops likes this.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

This^!

The anniversary shirts were incredibly successful. I would love to see more merchandise. They could even get limited edition runs (100-500 quantity) of coins, figurines, maps, prints, axes/swords, etc.

EQ has a special demographic that few games have: adults with disposable income.
    lockjaws, jmsgalla and minimind like this.
  10. Xander Cat New Member

Thank you for the update. I'm a new player but pretty happy so far and having fun. Good luck to the team!
    Yinla likes this.
  11. xaga Elder

PS if you want some help on the new infrastructure Shoot me a PM. My offer still stands to do it @ Cost with whatever vendor you want. :)
    Boze likes this.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

Thank you. We all hope along with you that the bugs can be well and truly stomped out.
  13. Emilari UI Designer

Thanks for the post JChan, the transparency is appreciated!

Here's to many more years in Norrath together! :)
  14. minimind The Village Idiot

Are you calling me fat? I'm an ogre. It's Frostfell weight. I'm doing my best!
    Drathese, Herf, Skuz and 1 other person like this.
  15. Whoops Augur

They're just keeping their promise from the May patch notes!

Shanarias and Skuz like this.
  16. Thoddiver New Member

Yeah I don't buy it. I'll believe it when I see it. How about you start by having your dev's spread the word you're preaching. Dreamweaver was either a) completely unaware of what was happening (and thus talking out the south end of their body) during the launch, or b) knew what was happening and chose to omit the fact that this was server issues and not something that was 'business as usual' as they claimed the entire launch day and day after on Discord etc.

Disappointing, what is written here sounds great, but history has shown there's little actually happening.
  17. Gio1999 Augur

Kinda funny when you see a guy in game be a jerk and you realize he's just "that guy" normally.
    Shanarias and Skuz like this.
  18. Herf Augur

Thank you for that detailed letter. It helps.
  19. Name2 Augur

You stated you need time to figure out your stability issues. For paying customers (I'm not one presently, I gave up) what does the time frame look like? You're asking people to continue being patient with some pretty terrible customer service and a virtually unplayable game. How many months of subs should someone expect to pay before the server stability issues are solved, assuming the current load on Aradune doesn't decrease? This is acknowledgement of a problem that went ignored for about two weeks, it doesn't describe a path toward a solution.
    basslera and D3C0D3D like this.
  20. Riou EQResource

There are 3 new bunny versions, yes (If I'm seeing them right they are Ace, Non-Binary and Pan)