Can we get a free transfer to Riz?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Arctodus, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Arctodus Elder

Aradune is a mess. Can you just offer free server transfers?
  2. Deathcomestoall Lorekeeper

That is the least they can do right now...
  3. Darkrend New Member

This is a pretty good idea. for those who really dont care and would just like a playable server, that may even them out.
  4. Orzulth Journeyman

You forget, they can charge money for that.
  5. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

Can and should are two separate things.
  6. Orzulth Journeyman

I agree completely, but the folks that run the game servers don't or they would be refunding everyone that paid to play on Aradune
  7. Guntharr New Member

Riz is a ghost town for groups; a huge majority there solo with their self-made groups. Aradune will get better, just give it time.
  8. Bailen Augur

They should allow people one free transfer either to or from Rizlona and Aradune. Might be a good way to spread the pop out between the servers for now. People can play on Riz knowing that they have the option of going to Aradune later when things settle down.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Only one they ever did before was LJ to RF and those were identical rulesets.

I rate your chances as extremely low to nil of getting a free transfer from one TLP to another on a different rule-set.

I would say leave your characters on Aradune, roll on Riz & play there until the chaos on Aradune eases off. Your throbbing forehead will thank you.
  10. Ootax Augur

I'm not playing on either but may join one. What exactly is the mess/chaos that is going on in Aradune?
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Mostly it's a combination of poor server performance (lag, disconnects, crashes to desktop upon zoning) and some toxic players making life miserable for others. Most of this is due to there being a very heavy population there right now, Rizlona is fairly popular but because you can box from 1 PC there which you cant do on Aradune, there is still grouping on Riz but a lot less than what is going on with Aradune.

So it depends on what you really want from EQ which you pick.
    Ootax likes this.
  12. Hinastorm86 Augur

Riz is great, but i'll fully admit that I wouldn't want to be there solo and LFG either.

I compared the lfg lists level 5-40 on the servers like a week ago, Ara's list was like 10 times longer.

Really just either need to be patient until enough people give up on Ara, or come to Riz and learn to box.
  13. Zinkeh Augur

Hell im still trying to get my anniversary backpack refunded. Aradune is a nightmare.
    Rebelicious likes this.
  14. Protagonist Tank

Free transfers are enabled now, though it requires an item & level wipe. You also have to change names if your chosen name is taken.
  15. KimchiGoddess Augur

Or they could just open another server and not turn Rizlona into another dumpster fire.
    Machen and Fraggly like this.
  16. Fraggly Augur

I like this idea over transfers. Honestly Rizlona just isn't what people who came for Aradune want, being there is only going to cause tension and problems. Fix Aradune, don't transplant or tell anti-boxers to move to the box server.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  17. Machen New Member

If you are going to xfer to Rizlona then lecture everyone about the evils of boxing and report everyone you think might be boxing more than two characters, thanks but can we not allow transfers please...
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  18. Machen New Member

That famous EQ quote comes to mind...

"You've ruined your own lands, you'll not ruin mine!!"
    Yinla and KimchiGoddess like this.
  19. Malachi Augur

Lol the anti-box and anti-antibox preemptive hate is so delicious to read.
  20. Machen New Member

Can you really blame us for not wanting our server to turn into what Aradune is currently experiencing, in all of its myriad messiness? Queue's, lag, players constantly reporting each other, players being banned for "toxic gameplay".

We have one guy who won't stop trolling general chat and that's about it for "toxic gameplay" on Rizlona, and if the GM's want to come investigate him, great. Otherwise our server has been just about perfect. The early adopters from Aradune have been fine, but I would hate to see a significant number of anti-box players come over to Rizlona , and taint the environment with their constantly spewed bull****. Rizlona is the first server since Fippy where I have never been trained just for boxing, and I for one would like to see it stay that way.
    Aneuren, GamerGramps and Malachi like this.