Not A Bug Bug: ToV raid "Til Death do us part"

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Jhenna_BB, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

The death touch that was removed from the raid when hailing the Usher is now back. If you are called a second time to verify your side and then you have to switch sides you take over 2mil damage. There's nothing players can do to prevent this, you just die for doing what you are supposed to do and following your emote.
  2. Nniki Augur

Are you sure the mobs that conflicted with the side buff you received weren't too close to the usher? If they're next to the usher and happen to AE just as you get the buff, their AE damage will be modified and will insta-kill you.

I had to switch sides back-to-back multiple times last week and didn't see anything out of the ordinary.
  3. svann Augur

I think this happened to me. Was told to switch sides and as soon as I got to the side I was told to go to BAM dead. When I got ressed I talked to the usher again and was switched back to the original side and all was well after that. Honestly, I think the event should not be choosing the same person twice. When I go to a wedding I pick a side and stick to it. Who switches back and forth?
  4. Prathun Developer

If you're dying immediately after switching allegiances (or getting your allegiance set) in the Till Death Do Us Part event, then you've likely got one of the wedding party members near the usher. The Bride's Side / Groom's Side buffs dramatically increase the damage you take from the wedding party's AEs.
  5. Natal Augur

Dying right after hailing is due to a tank (usually on the groom side) who doesn't know what they are doing or why they are doing it tanking too close to the usher.

The usher really needs to be in the entrance hallway IMO, otherwise you risk getting insta smushed if you are assigned to the groom side.

If you get called by the usher a second time you could be given a different side, so you need to make sure before you run off.
  6. svann Augur

I cant swear there wasnt a wedding party member on the wrong side but I sure wasnt anywhere close to the usher. I had time to move to the other side and then BOOM.
  7. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

What do your logs say? All the damage should be there and easy enough to check.
  8. svann Augur

[Mon May 25 18:52:36 2020] A golem usher says, 'Of course. It's clear that you belong on the groom's side. You have much in common with Nosja.'
    Then about 4 minutes later the golem calls me back.
    [Mon May 25 18:56:19 2020] A golem usher says, 'Of course. It's clear that you belong on the bride's side. You have much in common with Daman.'
    [Mon May 25 18:56:21 2020] Eugie hit you for 3223248 points of unresistable damage by Ire of the Bride.
    [Mon May 25 18:56:21 2020] You have been slain by Eugie!

So Eugie, on the bride's side, nuked me good when he shouldnt have, do I have that right?
  9. Nniki Augur

It's set up such that you want to be away from the side you're affiliated with. Think of it, hypothetically, as you don't want to be attacking the side you're affiliated with. The AEs target the hate list, so if you have aggro with your side of the wedding party and are near them (within 55'), they're going to hurt kill you for betraying them.

[48171] Bride's Side
    1: Increase Spell Damage Taken by 2500% to 5000% (v296, Before Crit)
    2: Limit Spell: Ire of the Bride

[48172] Groom's Side
    1: Increase Spell Damage Taken by 2500% to 5000% (v296, Before Crit)
    2: Limit Spell: Doom from the Groom
    Yinla likes this.
  10. svann Augur

Ah ok your right. I must have got my east and west mixed up that night.
    Yinla likes this.