Pet Peeves What's yours?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dyna, Jan 23, 2020.

1. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

Some pet peeves not game related... not having some kind of immediate date for freshness on packaged items. They give you some kind of string code instead that even trying to look it up online you are not guaranteed to find it's relevance. They say it is for the store to keep track of and replace the stock when needed. Stores can not even keep track of it when the date is staring them in the face! o0 I just move along if there are no dates.

Also packages or bottles without safeties on them. Either there is no manufacturer tape or plastic on it. No safety seal of any kind. Or bottles that do not have that pop up cap or some kind of lock to it. Why would you do this? We live in an age where people lick ice cream in containers and drink from bottles before putting them back and cough on produce.
    Moege likes this.
  2. Zamiam Augur

I agree .. just do what I do and don't buy those items from those manufacturer's .. I never buy anything that does not have an expiration date and/or a safety cap/tape/plastic of some kind of something to prevent tampering ..
    You just never know in this day and age .. (licking ice cream) really people ..
    also before you open your bottle water turn it upside down and do a quick squeeze if water comes out the top or from a minute hole near the cap don't drink it just open it and dump the water out .. people have been known to tamper with the water by injecting it with chemicals near the top via a syringe ..
  3. Celephane Augur

forum use of giant text or all caps for no reason
    Flatchy and Skuz like this.
  4. Celephane Augur

5. Lockdown Elder

The relentless, ear-splitting whining of the player base demanding my class (Enchanter) be nerfed.

At the endgame, charmed mobs do negligible damage and it simply isn't worth the hassle of charming one. Because charming is inconvenient to accomplish, subject to breaks (and a real time consumer to reestablish control), they should be doing more damage than any pet.

So, we get more DPS. Player base whines; Enchanters get nerfed. So, we get more tankability. Player base whines; Enchanters get nerfed.

Just wondering what Enchanters will be allowed to have that the player base won't cry about in tortured sobs that wrack their bodies. It's actually reached the point where some Enchanters are even afraid to discuss their abilities on these boards. Because if a non-Enchanter sees it, they will immediate petition the Devs to complain about it.
  6. Xenorius9 New Member

The term "tab target mmo" used to described mmo's that usually have completely customizable keymapping. It reminds me of when I first played RPGs at a young age.. (NES Zelda/final fantasies), my friends would call them 'reading games'.. because they couldn't read.
    EDIT: ALSO;
    The term PST (Please send Tell). I actually remember a time in EQ, around pre-luclin, when this wasn't yet popularized and I didn't see it. That was nice.
    ex: "WTB (item) PST" - What else are you going to do other than send the person a tell?

What's even worse though is when someone says "please PST" ughhh
  7. enclee Augur

I feel like I need to post this again, but Collections.

I hate collections. It's such a stupid and lazy idea. Throw a bunch of random items across a zone with no guarantee that any of them will spawn outside the world. Give people no way to figure out, if they're in a direction of a collection other than a stupid glowing orb.

Next, add another round of junk items on to mob loot tables. Then, just to up the suck factor lets add some of them exclusively to instances.

Fudge collections and fudge evolving items requiring that fudging collection achievement.
    Chopin.Xegony likes this.
  8. TheTone Elder

Everything is trending towards (or already at) homogeneity:
    • Races mean nothing.
    • Home cities mean nothing.
    • Faction has almost zero long-term effect outside of a handful of progression quests.
    • Class abilities are massively overlapping. Seriously - everyone can FD, rez, and port with easily attainable and/or extremely inexpensive items.
    • Weapons / Armor / Spells are completely boilerplate.
    • Levitation still enabled in PoFire.
    • Mastering all abilities - seems odd that you can be max skill in every weapon or spell type at the same time.
    Is Pantheon out yet?
  9. Jimmy2times Elder

Mine is ...

Not having a true Everquest sequel because EQ2 isn’t it. Where is EQ3 at the real deal.. announce it.
  10. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

No fairy pet illusion or mercs. I want one like yesterday.
  11. Fian Augur

There are brownies.
  12. 1018_01 Elder

People who go afk in groups and say nothing...
    Celephane likes this.
  13. chadesh New Member

One pet peev is waiting in long ques and server lag and long zoning, specially when you have to pay to play on the server.
  14. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

That Classic->LDoN hunter achievements STILL don't have any actual ingame reward.

Listen, just give us some crappy illusion (and don't give us that old global character file is too big nonsense anymore its 2020 we've seen how many heritage crate illusions and familiars you can put out) and we can put this dog to bed.

Classic - Crushbone Orc Classic / Blackburrow Gnoll Classic
    Kunark - Succulent: This One... NOT THIS ONE DEAR GOD WHAT IS THIS (im open to suggestions on this one maybe iksar vendor)
    Velious - Othmir (preferably WITH Fez but I won't push my luck)
    Luclin - Grimling
    PoP - Bubonian
    LDoN - Rujark Orc WITH Armor / Skeleton Mammoth/Bear Hybrid...Thing
    Ghadius likes this.
  15. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

There certainly brownies. However, I stand by my post. I want fairy mercs and a fairy pet illusion.
  16. Tweakfour17 Augur

Why can't tribute just not count down in lobby/pok like buffs do amirite?!
  17. Tweakfour17 Augur

Haha I only agree on about half of these.

Sow is a pig

Eh-rude-ites live in E-rude-in.

A port is when you come with me, a punt is a translocate where you kick me like a football to where I want to go

Coo-Narc
    Coagagin likes this.
  18. svann Augur

19. Pawtato Augur

Quests, I hate them.
  20. svann Augur

When you click the door to the guild lobby (from pok side) and it takes 15 seconds before it even starts the zoning process.
    Pawtato likes this.