Surname without capital first letter

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Unifex, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Unifex New Member

Hey guys,

I was wondering, is there anyway at all I can have a lastname that doesn't start with a capital letter?
    My issue is my last name begins with i, then two 'L's', meaning the way EQ handles text it ends up looking like this: III****, when it should be ILL*****.... so I tried using lower case i for first letter, and this even seemed to work in the confirmation pop-up, but the final result was a capital and III*****

Any ideas around this issue?

Thank you for reading :)
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

A patch a few months ago made some minor changes with surnames:

-----

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...date-notes-march-11-2020.263793/#post-3878224

- The surname command now allows the use of a second capital letter and a single accent character.

----

While probably not what you want (and it may not even work), you could try to put a ' before the first letter of your surname to see if it lets the "i" remain lowercase?
    Unifex likes this.
  3. xxGriff Augur

no way around that short of petitioning to see if your request is approved (highly unlikely), as technically you are looking to create a type of title and not a surname. the changes that were intro'd function as Qbert stated... and the suggestion is the closest you will get, if it works.
    Unifex likes this.
  4. Unifex New Member

Thank you for the info and replies.

Cheers
  5. Unifex New Member

How does one actually use an accent in game? Copy/paste from windows character map doesnt work ... simply typing something like ` before first letter is also rejected
    Cazmac likes this.