Queue experiment ended?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Arog, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Arog Augur

This is not intended as a flame against Darkpaw but just sharing my personal experience on Aradune over the past 12 days for Dreamweaver to pass along as well as other players. The first two days, like most others, I could not get into Aradune. The Queue was over 3 hours and as you all know much longer than that. I was able to finally get in the third night after 3.5 hours waiting. Also I noticed the queue was shorter late at night than during the day. All of this is stuff we already know now.
    I work night shifts and during the nights I work i would try to log on to play for 2 hours before work but was never able to because the queue was around 3 hours. Then later that week I tried logging on when I got home from work around 6 A.M. PST and found the queue to be 30 minutes or less. As i played in the morning I had no lag or problems zoning for about an hour. After that it began to get worse and I would log off to sleep for a few hours before another night of work. On my days off, I experienced severe lag and crashes like everyone else did during the day time. But I didn't have a single problem with stability with the game very late at night.
    Yesterday, Saturday, i was off from work and logged into the game at 5 P.M PST expecting a 3 hour queue for a weekend prime time. I was shocked when there was no queue and logged into the game immediately. After experiencing crippling lag and 10 plus minutes to zone i realize the experiment with the queue to control the in game population for stability and quality of play was over. They must be letting everyone on now no matter the consequences because of the complaints of the long queue, getting on then crashing and getting in the back of the line for the queue. I assume they choose this as the lesser of the two evils. Again as the night went on, around midnight, the game became stable and playable again until around 8 A.M. this morning. The lag became so bad that monsters were warping and zoning was back to 10 or more minutes. Tells and chat were delayed by 1 to 2 minutes. I logged off at that point since I had to work again tonight and needed some sleep. The point of this post is to show first hand experience that the problems are clearly overcapacity on the server as they are. Something needs to be done to allow for more players to be on in the long run, but in the short run they can make room for players by removing the afters since they did away with the queue. I also noticed a lot of "toxic " behavior and chat in the new player and general chats. We can do without the offensive comments and remove them. And no i did not engage in the conversations, i know better than to feed the trolls.
    Finally I like to say that I think Darkpaw made the right decision to remove the queue. Nothing more frustrating than waiting in queue then getting disconnected and waiting again in the queue. At least now you will be able to get back in and rejoin your group, but just know during prime times you all are going to crash more often.
    Aenvar likes this.
  2. Protagonist Tank

It's the key to the immediate right of the ' button
  3. Arog Augur

4. kit74 Lorekeeper

for the love of god freaking paragraphs are you're friend
    Orzulth and Yinla like this.
  5. Protagonist Tank

Your sure their his friend?
  6. Machen New Member

I wish there were a "Like someone else's like" button.
    Nolrog likes this.
  7. Machen New Member

TheY're NOT. They also aren't YOUR friend.

I can't even.
    Nolrog likes this.
  8. Protagonist Tank

Woosh.
  9. taliefer Augur

Exaxtly.
  10. Nolrog Augur

You have been slain by a wall of text.
  11. Silver-Crow Augur

To be honest the only lag i've seen is with tells, zoning, joining/leaving group.

Once you're in zone, even in busy areas with multiple picks, it's quite playable, and group chat is absolutely fine. For me i'm much happier living with the minor inconvenience of a few slow tells/zone times, rather than an 3 hr queue. At least i can play, when i want to play.
    Wulfhere and Arog like this.
  12. Arog Augur

This morning I was able to log in around 6:30 A.M. PST with no problems or lag. Played for about 2 hours before going to bed. Another night at work and reading the forums and it looks like there are still server stability issues during the day time hours. Anyone noticed if there are still a lot of afk players on during the day? If so then maybe we should figure out how to get them out of the game to lower the population to help with server stability?
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

Not me, I evaded!
  14. Malachi Augur

I love you.
    But why do you hate spaced paragraph formatting? My ol' eye balls!
  15. Arog Augur

My apologies for not putting spaces between the paragraphs. I probably could have edited it better but was posting from my phone while at work. Had no intentions of it being that long, but like all of you, I guess I'm passionate about this game.

So this morning after work I log into the game after work around 6 A.M. with no issues. Less than 2 hours later I experienced 2 crashes to desktop while hunting Kodiak in commons only 5 minutes apart. I have only experienced 1 crash to desktop prior to this and it was last week during prime time. I didn't bother logging back in after the second crash. It appears things are getting worse not better.