come and play on rizlona

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mark, Jun 7, 2020.

1. mark Augur

rizlona his a fun server not perfect,not many rmt a solid population in the middle of us night time there were 9 lower guk instances open,zoning lag his usual eq but even when i 6 box i have never crashed,once in a while when i evac or port the group some were one gets left behind typical eq stuff,the players are friendly and helpfull most times,common lands has way less people buying and selling stuff and very little toxic behavior having a great time on the server.
  2. Lumiens Augur

When I want to 6 box and play EQ by myself I can just log on Test and play for free. People there are also helpful and give away gear that they copied over from live.
  3. Olestra Elder

I went to Aradune to get away from you 6 box goons. Why on earth would join that server.
    Lineater likes this.
  4. Vaxpo Elder

There is a reason Aradune is by far the most popular TLP thus far. Getting away from the box armies is obviously what most people want.
    Bailen and oldkracow like this.
  5. Whitesoul Journeyman

Aradune is the king of RMT's unfortunately. Not a bad idea....
    Argh and jmsgalla like this.
  6. Deadlox New Member

Until after PoP when you can barely fill a raid and wait for the next TLP? Honestly, I've been waiting to play on a TLP forever where I can use one PC vice multiple so Rizlona is perfect and has a great community. Plan on making this my home for a long while. As for box armies, how do they affect anything? Extra instance of hate or fear got your panties in a bind? Other than the few boxed a$$hats, most are happy to exp anywhere to enjoy the game on their own terms. I even sit my boxes out to let solo'ers in and chat. So many people confuse box with bot while Aradune has more than enough boxes to go around.
    Argh, ForumBoss, Thewiz and 3 others like this.
  7. Sikkun Augur

How many truebox TLPs are past PoP with 0 active raiding guilds.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Kabshaak Journeyman

I'm having a great time on Rizlona as a solo player. I personally have not yet had any negative experience with people boxing and I have been enjoying the community so far

Most of the negative comments seem to come from Aradune players who pop on and scoff at our "low" population and then log off right away lol
    Argh and jeskola like this.
  9. Hinastorm86 Augur

It's gonna all come flooding back to Aradune once they stop the GM service, and don't kid yourself, the GM service won't be there forever.

I'm a "new" 6 boxer and the server has been nice. Everyone spaces out really well, it's pretty clear people don't want to step on toes. All the best stuff 35+ is always camped, for better or worse.

All the typical boxing arseholes are on Aradune, cause you know the biggest reason people box full groups and are arseholes? Krono. Where is the krono? Aradune.
  10. Protagonist Tank

Confirming, I talked to 4 people from Riz and they were very nice. They each offered to drop 30-40 boxes from their raid if I wanted to put my own boxes in.

I'm willing to bet the other 2 are also good people, but they were busy with a few hundred chars in rathe mountain and could only respond with "11111111111111111111111111111111111" which happens to the best of us, I'm sure
    Familycat likes this.
  11. mark Augur

there are 6 servers with high pop on the server status page and rizlona his one of them,there are people everywere and toxicity his minimal,really enjoying my gaming .
  12. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

[IMG]
    Arog likes this.
  13. Hinastorm86 Augur

Indeed, the ONLY downsides i'm seeing on Riz is:1. less groups for solo players, but thats kinda a given.

2. Less guilds to choose from, if you need certain days etc. Seems like Riz only has 4-5 raid guilds compared to aradunes 20? or so.

3. Less active economy. It's harder to buy and sell things on Riz. Our tunnel is dead compared to ara's.
  14. Hinastorm86 Augur

Been watching your stream some, you seem like an old guard veteran with alot of game knowledge, im kinda surprised you're not a boxer tbh.
  15. Arog Augur

Bobby is also a great contributer on ZAMs everquest page.
  16. Machen New Member

You're always welcome to come check us out. We had 50 mains and about 10 boxes on a "pre" raid tonight. No dkp, just clearing server first hate minis and randoming the loot. Formal dkp raids with 72 mains and no boxes start tomorrow.

Edit to add, no queue and no lag and full raids of mains. Can any Aradune guild yet state that they've had an entire raid filled with 72 main players all logged in at once? We haven't either but I bet we will first, tomorrow night.
  17. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I actually do box and fully accept that it pretty much is a necessary evil if you want to get stuff done past pretty much GoD. But I'll refer to the comment I made in the EQ Dev focus group:

"From my perspective if you launched two servers simultaneously, 1 being very anti boxing with heavy CS involvement and 1 being very botter/boxing friendly I'm going to choose the one that is against boxing. Even as someone that enjoys boxing I feel like the resources won't be there to police both and the botter server will devolve rapidly"
  18. Machen New Member

Given the last 11 days, do you still stand by this?

From my perspective 1 server has devolved rapidly, and it hasn't been Rizlona.
    jeskola likes this.
  19. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Yeah. It's not a strong "yeah" but... yeah.
  20. jeskola pheerie

Define "devolve". Are you referring strictly to population, or are you predicting some kind of mass bot army takeover? I have seen no evidence to support the latter.

Lots of Lockjaw/Ragefire people on here, lots of Aradune refugees, and a bunch of people tired of needing multiple PCs or VM workarounds to do some simple 2 to 6 boxing.