Check up

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TheDohn, Jun 6, 2020.

1. TheDohn Augur

We need to have a talk, gang.

It's been a week and a half now. You're level 40+ after a good 20+ hours of gameplay.

It's time to stop showing up for groups with half your spells missing, no ivu/invis pots, no conc pots, no food/water, no magic weapons, and no pet reagents.

These parts are really, really, really easy to be prepped with by this point. When the server was 17 seconds old and you were level 3 it was okay to be completely unprepared for the groups you were joining.

It's no longer okay. Quit it.
    Protagonist, KimchiGoddess and Tucoh like this.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

20 hours played and level 40 for a pug'er? Sounds about as realistic as a full spellbook.
  3. Sikkun Augur

Who fully pots out for a group in classic?
  4. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I show up with no gear, almost no spells but I got a pet that will out dps most of the group.

Pots in a classic group... :rolleyes:
  5. Dyzalot Augur

Lvl 47 rogue without haste, no pots and cloth or patchwork in more than half my slots. No one has been complaining when I get to the group.
  6. Name2 Augur

You sound like a condescending elitist a$$. Maybe it's time for you to be more discerning about who you're inviting to your groups if this is something that really bothers you, and not put it on a community of players to have the same priorities as you. It's a game and it doesn't really matter.
  7. TheDohn Augur

TIL - the tools necessary to get to the group you're joining, perform the very basics of your class role, and a conc pot is an insane ask.

It's weird to see people so proud of lacking basic self sufficiency and competence.
  8. KrayolaKrayons New Member

This is the person you run into on these TLPs who know everything under the sun and brag about themselves constantly.... You are on his time and he is not very understanding and when things go bad he will log out or leave your group. Often lacks courtesy and is usually insufferable... I may be wrong, but stranger things have happened... Lol
  9. Coirnav Augur

Before I log out from guk everynight I go sell all my gears for the Krono in the ectunnel. When I go back to guk the next day I just get a new set of gear.
  10. Dyzalot Augur

LOL
  11. Xeris Augur

Honestly that's what I've done for the first week. You don't need gear to xp or level. While the price of items is stupid, cash out every day. I've funneled all items and plat I've got into krono immediately after acquiring them.

Made like 25 krono in the first week. It's nuts what people are paying. Sold an IGS for a krono... 2 days later it's selling for 200pp. There's really no reason to be geared or have all your stuff in a random guk xp group.
  12. Dyzalot Augur

Not a fan of this philosophy either. You are gimping your groups so you can profit. Kind of like the melee who wins FBSS and sells it so he can keep rolling on them.
  13. Xeris Augur

I don't think so. In fact, I'm usually the one who's making the group go much faster, because I typically pull and I'm pretty good at it. Point is: you can literally get lvl 1-50 with almost no gear... I was one of the earlier 50's here, I had 1 dark reaver, a few banded pieces that I crafted myself, and an SSB... The groups got along just fine. Everything else I picked up and sold outside the bare minimum needed to get stuff dead.

But hey, you're totally free to have your own opinion. Just from my POV, it's very easy to make kronos early on in the server because everyone's just dropping tons of money to gear their chars early on, so may as well capitalize on that while you still can. Could my static have used an SMR we got on day 1? Yes... but it was better to sell it for 8 kronos and divide it among the group members. We all paid for our subs for multiple months just from doing this for 2 days of playing in classic... I've got 2 years worth of krono now just in the first 8 days. Can't really be beat. Now I've got my sub paid for and a few extra kronos I can use to buy something like Jboots or some epic drops that may be super rare (Ghoulbane, etc)... so very worth it for me.
  14. Dyzalot Augur

That's fine for a static group when everyone agrees to it. Sucks for pugs. I've been at Frenzy camp for 50 hours just because I feel like I owe it to my groups as a rogue to be trying to get a haste belt. I haven't been buying gear other than a couple of magic weapons but I'm also not selling gear I can use just to make Krono.