Best two box to partner with druid

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jackal, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Jackal New Member

I'm going to try my hand at running two characters on the new tlp server and will be partnering with a druid. Any recommendations on a good duo to run?
  2. a_librarian Augur

enchanter, necro, mage, maybe shaman
  3. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Enchanter is strongest option if your intent is to stop playing around PoP.

Personally I’ve boxed Druid/Warrior on Phinigel from PoP-TDS. This two box has allowed me to handle most content by myself, though both have been raid geared mostly for the entire time. There have been a few pieces of content that the two box + two mercs (once they’ve come in) have been unable to handle, but they are rare and tend to be mostly events requiring CC which doesn’t exist really among these two classes especially with mercs who don’t play nice with root.

If I had to redo it I would probably swap Warrior for either Shadowknight or Paladin.
  4. KrayolaKrayons New Member

I'm kinda thinking Paladin, for reasons like, indoor paci/lull, symbol, rez, can heal themselves so druid can dps etc...

Also can aid in keeping charm pet stunned while druid recasts
  5. Hinastorm86 Augur

If I understand you, you're saying a duo you are running+ someone else with a druid.

Enchanter/Mage by FAR then. Anything else will be quite a bit less powerful, but alot of trios will work. If you're really wanting a tank, you could do any of them+chanter.

Sadly not playing an enchanter in any setup is just leaving a ton of power on the table, and is a big reason why alot of people including myself would love to see charm get brought back down to earth. We're all so sick of enchanters being mandatory, or you just feel super weak.
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Ah I may have misread the OP. If this is a trio with a Druid mixed in, again if you’re a quit around PoP type person, Enchnater/Cleric is my recommendation. The Druid can share charmed pets, pull and spot heal. Enchanter/Cleeic will charm and CH charmed pet.

If you are looking for a long time ride on TLPs I’d say Druid + Tank + Bard/Enchanter. I’d recommend a knight but warrior also works
  7. Jackal New Member

Yes, this is a trio. My wife plays the druid and really likes the class. I decided to try my hand and running two characters. I know that the Enchanter/Cleric is the current top tier duo but I'm not sure if I want to go down the charm route right now while learning to run two characters. I know that the Enchanter charms are very strong and it is a high risk high reward class. Just not sure if I am up to it. We are getting back into the game after being gone a little after Kunark first came out.

I was thinking of either Monk/Mage or Monk/Shaman. The Monk/Mage will give me a good DPS duo and a solid puller with the Monk. The Mage is easier to set up hotkeys for pet attacks and nukes. This may be the easiest 2-box, at least in theory.

The Monk/Shaman would give us extra heals, dots, and more importantly slow. Again, the Shaman would be pretty easy to set up with hotkeys. Not sure if there is too much overlap between the Shaman and Druid.

Will the Bard really shine in a smaller group or is it designed for full groups?
  8. Jahno New Member

FWIW I did Dru/Bard/SK on Agnarr and also on Mangler up to 50. I did regret not having rez, but with bard+SK you can pull so safely, and keeping evac at the ready, it's not really an issue. Liked it so much I'm doing Dru/Bard on Aradune and hope to make tank friends.

Fantastic and fun 3 man, and the bard is excellent even with just the 3 man group. Almost unbeatable portability w/ the druid and bard, and you can do a lot of content with just the 3 box.
    Original: Can do most of the lguk camps and keep up with respawn as you level. Can easily handle any of the unrest camps. Taunt pull makes unrest (and most zone) pulling trivial, so the SK kills it.
    Kunark: Sebilis is a little iffy with the occasional gater. Fight stuff near their spawn point, keep on snares, be wary of roamers because they are invariably not near their spawn.
    Velious: Velks is a candyland for this comp, ended up farming UD/LD like crazy. Was able to do some WW dragons with just the 3 w/o too much trouble (some bard songs act as good dispel fodder + bard resist songs are amazing).
    PoP: Able to handle up to PoFire named (both f1 and f2), tower of sol ro trash at a good clip. PoP caveat: my SK / Dru / Bard were alts, but I was able to tag them along on raids and get some choice gear that made this possible.
  9. Jackal New Member

That sounds like a resounding SK/Bard vote to me. Thanks!
  10. Ketzerei84 Elder

Yeah SK/Brd will shine with a druid as mainheal, and sk has enough self sustain that your druid can still do some dps. bard can slow, lull, paci, mezz, blow crack smoke in your face or charm a lvl30 or lower creature so it can be instagibbed by rampage or any aoe(yes, even a sneeze).

You could also consider WAR/Bard. This will leave your druid on snare duty, which can take some getting used to but: War leveling wont be as easy as for sk, but once you're in similar content and gear a war just takes less damage than an sk and it really adds up over time, and a war melee dps output is higher than an sk hybrid dps output(without the mana regen issues that plague knights) - again, it adds up over time. You'll also be a warrior(or bard) main and a druid main instead of competing with the 1009 other SKs, shamans, clerics and enchanters on the server!
  11. Coppercoz Augur

One thing people tend to forget is CC and slows while maintaining as much uptime on buff songs requires a fair amount of attention with a bard. It may be personal preference and how comfortable you are with boxing, but I'd much rather swap an enchanter for the bard as haste and mana regen are long duration. There are level gaps in mez and charm for bards that enchanters do not have to worry about.

TLDR? It is far easier to handle slows, CC, haste, and mana regen with an enchanter box than bard. Plus, there tash in cases the druid wants to charm.
  12. Megazen Elder

1. Chanter
    2. Mage
    3. Monk
    4. Tank

Chanter with charmed pet is by far the strongest, but it's a busy combo. Monk/Druid or Tank is a lot more relaxing to play in general. Mage/Druid is really hard to beat if you don't want to charm. Can harmony pull outdoors, and easily kill yellows for most of your leveling.
  13. TheTone Elder

ENC / CLR / DRU - if you want to own Chardok - believe I made a fistful of kronos plvling AFK people at Chardok bank boxing that trio.

Otherwise, if you don't want to charm or if you want to play past PoP, I would recommend anything so long as you get some type of tank (war / knight / monk / mage) and either a slower or more heals. Druids are decent healers, but come Sebilis / Chardok they struggle to main heal without slows (or a raid geared tank).