Rest State

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Xanbar, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Xanbar Augur

Takes serveral minutes to enter rest state (fast hp, mana, endurance regen) in my 85 FTP character versus a much shorter duration in my 115 all access char.

Does FTP vs AA have any bearing on transition time to rest state?

Perhaps there are AAs that lower it that I have long since forgotten about ...
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

No, no effect at all.

Everyone gets OOC in 30 secs, in all cases, with two exceptions:

On raids (I don't raid, but I've heard it mentioned), I believe it takes a few minutes to enter OOC.

There are situations where you'll be on some mob's aggro list, even though you shouldn't be, and it can bug out. Doesn't happen often, but I see it once in a while. Take a look at your extended target window. If there's something there, then you won't go into OOC.

But there are no AAs or anything else you can choose for your char to affect the time it takes OOC to kick in.
  3. Qbert Gallifreyan

If you /con your target, you might find you are in a zone that is flagged with raid-level mobs (plane of hate, or most planes of power, for example). Fighting mobs with that flag ". . . an army to defeat . . ." will result in a rest timer of 5 minutes.

In addition to the other things listed above, if you have a debuff on you, you won't enter rest state (with certain exceptions with debuffs with yellow borders, such as tash/malo).
  4. Xanbar Augur

Ok I guess something strange happened in my case. I had the hour glass for like 3 or 4 minutes then finally the rest state some time later. Perhaps there was bugged aggro.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

@Qbert

Thanks, I forgot about debuffs which can cause OOC to not kick in.