Tricorne Hat Ornament

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Wolfman Jack, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Wolfman Jack New Member

I do not know if this has ever been discussed as I cannot find any forum related to its discussion, but can you please make the Tricorne Hat ornament available either by quest or by marketplace? It was something that you could claim if you took part in beta for The Darkened Sea expansion. I really, really would like to have this head ornament more so than ever. Since it is something that has already been created and available to some users in the game, I see no reason why other players could not have the opportunity to own a piece of EQ history.
  2. Buster_Shruggs Augur

Good luck with that...iirc, the HAT in question received some backlash for being the Beta reward! hehehe
    I might be wrong, but I didn't want to dig around the forums for an old thread.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Would be nice to see all beta and Fanfare rewards available threw other means.
    Buster_Shruggs likes this.
  4. Monkman Augur

Yeah the backlash against hat ornaments for beta rewards was that not everyone buys hero’s forge unlocker.

I thought this years reward was just “meh”

The unique hats were really cool and something I looked forward to for the past few betas

They could have gone big and done the rallos zek helm ornament this year for TOV (still a chance for TOV part 2)

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=123278
    Funky likes this.
  5. Funky Augur

if they gave us the old school RZ helm look, i just may use it over my bard's cactus hat... maybe.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It would to cool to see these kind of hat ornaments in the future:

Immortal's Mask

[IMG]

Valkyrie Helmet/Winged Helm

[IMG]
    (EQ2)

Crown

[IMG]
  7. Jennre Band Leader

I would love circlet and crown ornaments.
  8. Zamiam Augur

I would love either a scream mask or a hockey mask for Halloween :p

if they had those type of masks I would actually use the hero's forge feature
  9. Cadira Augur

Put old beta rewards on overseer merchant for rediculous prices.
    Duder likes this.
  10. Buster_Shruggs Augur

That's a good idea; perhaps even add them to that wandering "rare" merchant too.
  11. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

12. Zamiam Augur

I have only tested beta once long time ago and I do not think beta rewards should be avail to just anyone those rewards are for people who beta test ( have to lol at the last few though (hat, rock garden))

same with the Fanfare rewards those should be elite prizes/rewards for the peeps who actually do beta test or go to fanfare events .. jmho ..
  13. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Tbh fanfare rewards are heavily skewed towards americans, not everyone can afford such a trip. Unlike beta-rewards which just requires you to pay/test the expansion a little early and post some bug-reports.
  14. Qbert Gallifreyan

In addition to making them available either on the loyalty vendors, the marketplace, the overseer vendor, Marcia, or some other method (which would be nice), I would really appreciate it if especially the one-time claim beta rewards were all flagged as heirloom.

Some of the beta rewards are just collecting dust on characters I don't play (because they are no trade even on free trade servers, and not heirloom), and they were one-time claims . . . while some of the 999-time claims (like the tricorne hat that I never claimed) are heirloom :confused: .
  15. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I'd prefer if the one time claim items were retroactively turned into 999 claim items. I did Underfoot beta, and have the bellikos merc on my rogue (which is where it should be!) but I'd *like* to have it on my druid, too, which is on the same account.

While I would like to see it on my bard, as well, I didn't beta with that account, and would rather keep the rarity of it and just have a different one on her.