Life as a rogue...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dyzalot, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Dyzalot Augur

Tried to log in around 5:30 EST. Took a little over an hour to get through queue. Looked for a group for an hour and a half. Finally get an invite to UR basement. Start running from Kaladim after origining there from Lguk. Game crashes randomly just while running through BB for no reason. Now back in queue for a couple more hours. /sigh
  2. Healiez Augur

Yahhh A rogue without a static isnt a super fun life...
  3. Selunar New Member

I have a static. We all spend the majority of our time fighting the queue. Then random d/c's put some of us back in Q for 2+ hours. It is a tad ridiculous. We have yet to be able to all play together because of this.
  4. Dyzalot Augur

This is getting ridiculous. Finally get back in and crash 20 minutes later by opening a trade window in commons tunnel.
  5. telados New Member

^ your problem is wanting to trade!
  6. Megazen Elder

This seems to be their strategy for dealing with the queue, piss people off until enough of them quit. Voila, no more queue problems!

It may not ultimately be the best business strategy, but by god, they're sticking with it!
  7. Dyzalot Augur

What else am I supposed to do with all my phat lewtz?
  8. Zansobar Augur

Give it to your group for carrying you to 50?
  9. Dyzalot Augur

LOL by that logic we should all be giving all of our loot to the enchanters for power leveling the rest of us. Also, how does one "give it to your group" without opening a trade window?
  10. taliefer Augur

sell it to a vendor, /split the plat
  11. Zansobar Augur

Choose NV in your Advanced Loot window for each item that drops.
  12. Bullsnooze Augur

Are you suggesting that playing a Rogue is causing your struggles?
  13. Dyzalot Augur

I would postulate that playing a rogue adds to the struggle of finding a group at times but no, I don't think it had anything to do with the crashes. Everyone is experiencing those. Just sucks to be lfg for a while, get an invite and then crash.
  14. Hinastorm86 Augur

Imagine being on Rizlona, no queue, you instantly have your own, powerful group.

This is why people are on Riz. This is why people box.
  15. Maneuvre Augur

This is true because everyone avoids a LFG rogue like the plague. The key is to build/lead your own pick up group using the /lfg window. Move to the zone and start working towards a camp. It's painful but it can be done. I proved that on Aradune.
  16. Dyzalot Augur

I'm almost lvl 45. You think I'm having a really hard time getting a group? Sure, I might have to wait a little and I might have to accept a camp that isn't the most efficient for me but I'm pretty proactive in terms of getting a group. However, I learned my lesson on previous TLP in terms of putting groups together. Send tank tell. "Want group" Answer is "what camp?" Reply "not sure yet, putting group together." Tank replies "you have a healer?" I reply "still working on it" Tank replies "let me know when you have a healer and a camp". Send healer tell. "Want group?" Healer says "what camp?" I say "not sure, putting group together". Healer says "you have a tank and enchanter?" I say "think I have tank, working on ench." Healer says "Ok, let me know when you have a tank and enchanter." And then by the time I find an enchanter, the tank I was talking to is in a group already or the healer is and the process starts all over again.

Now, get me in a group and I am pretty skilled at finding reps and keeping a camp for a long grind as needed. But getting one going where I literally need two or three other classes to be committed and don't have a camp yet is just not an efficient use of my time. So yeah, I understand that putting a group together yourself is best. But unless as a rogue you have a couple of tank and healer friends who are willing to give you time to make the group, it just isn't a reasonable solution. So I tend to go where the people are, such as Lguk right now. Then I hop picks every 5 minutes or so while OOCing "lfg" as well as using the global channels and /lfg tool. And then when in a group I don't pp the mobs without permission. I try not to act like a jerk. I don't go ninja afk for minutes at a time. And I keep that group going as people leave to the best of my ability.