Serious Question: How do people level to 50 in ONE Week?!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by telados, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Pawtato Augur

Like Quells said it's not difficult to talk to your spouse about having a few days for yourself. Both, you and your spouse should be encouraging the other to take a few days of personal time, especially with an infant.

Coordinate schedules for child care and just communicate that you're doing something you value. EQ isn't something I value in that same way, because I don't have the static social group but there are other events that I communicate to my wife that I find important.
  2. Machen New Member

I did under 1 hour per level most of the levels, and closer to 30 minutes per for the first ten. it slowed down a bit in the late 40's. Probably 50-60 hours total for 1-50. We took Thursday and Friday off so most of our leveling time was Thursday-Sunday. Worked normal hours this week so we just played a few hours in the evening to finish off reaching 50.

On the gear thing it helps to use classes that aren't gear dependent. We went with a monk, mage and enchanter for our dps (the enchanter being key.)

Also when I say we, I mean my wife and I which takes care of maintaining the marriage part another poster brought up. Our kids are old enough to be self sufficient for the two days that we binged.
  3. Arkeal_Rathe_Bots Lorekeeper

I mean, do you really need to ask this question? They will farm loot and make a killing in krono and plat
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

50 years to level to 50? WTF, man?
    Tucoh likes this.
  5. TheChosenOne Augur

i suppose... id rather just work 1 hour in real life and buy 7 krono than spend 20 hours farming virtual items to then sell for 7 krono

to each their own tho
    Rampart and Thorak1234 like this.
  6. Rothj Augur

Here's how I did it as a shaman:

-Make my own groups as soon as I log on.
    -Go to camps that aren't contested such as cazic thule maze, sol a bar, etc. The main goal is to be grinding tons of mobs with no competition at a good exp rate.
    -ALWAYS have an optimal group make up - this means every single group should have a chanter, every single group should have a puller/tank, usually two healers, and a mage/necro for dps(rogue might be okay too). Don't invite wizards at all, and don't invite stuff that isn't optimal. I never grouped with a wizard or rogue once while leveling, all other classes can be utilized in their best role.
  7. Bullsnooze Augur

How do they do it? Efficiency and experience.
    1. PTO (Most important)
    2. Coordination (Group composition, meet up locations, and schedules.)
    3. Preparation (Plan out leveling path, queue issues, and even potion usage)
    4. Luck (Dash of luck during prime time wont hurt, but leveling off hours will ensure everyone keeps up)
  8. Shoryuureppa Journeyman

I'm surprised no one mentioned a value pack of hanes socks is also a key to the secrets of leveling up to 50 in a day
  9. Shoryuureppa Journeyman

we have a classist here!! we have a Shaman supremacist looking down upon Wiz and Rog!

as a wizard and rogue supporter and ally, I am offended!!
  10. Silver-Crow Augur

It comes down to a number of things.

1. Availability of Mobs... if you're not pulling you'r not xping.
    2. Potions - yep these help
    3. Minimal downtime... i.e. have a group of friends/guildies ready to go.
    4. Have a plan and stick to it... i.e. know where you're going to level at each stage and stick to it to minimise running around time.

But the most important.....

Kill yellow/red mobs. A blue will net your group about 0.2 to 0.5 %. A yellow probably more like 2 to 2.5%. If you have a solid group, and are constantly killing yellow/reds you will level very quickly, especially if you have the dps.

Me personally... i prefer to kick back, relax and smell the roses. My advice, forget the charge to 50, that will come very easily, just by playing. It's not like there are AA's to grind just now, so you've months to get there and the classic raids get old very quickly.
  11. Xeris Augur

You also have to be able to play the get competently. Just playing a lot won't get you to 50.

If your group is scared of 3 mobs in camp, needs constant med breaks, can't handle a charmed pet (or isn't charming a high enough pet because they're scared) you won't kill or level as fast.

If you're pulling in a really good group you should be out looking for mobs to being 100,% of the time. You gotta be insanely active . A big thing is just being present and pressing your buttons.
  12. Daber's New Member

they buy lots of XP pots , Aoe'ing zones and steam rolling over people. A majority is 50-75% xp pots that they buy because they'll farm krono. Faster to 50, faster they can afk at all there camps because GM's aren't watching the server's that DB said would happen.
  13. Dyzalot Augur

I haven't used any xp pots. I'm a rogue that isn't guilded and don't have a static group. I'm already lvl 44. I can see how easy it would be with a static group of the right classes.
  14. Intenso Augur

try 20hrs a day
  15. Intenso Augur

and some of them will have use pots
  16. Lemerian Elder

Aeing is not really viable in classic. The fastest don't have competition so there's no one to steamroll. Only 25% potions are available.

Making things up just because you're salty at being slow doesn't change reality.
    Thorak1234, Genoane and Dythan like this.
  17. Kiaro Augur

If you have a premade group and no obligations for 3days straight you can make it to 50 no problem, it doesn't even have to be an optimized party.
    I've noticed A L O T of people complaining about how slow XP is and shocked that people can ding ding ding up fast, are the same ones complaining about how UR and Guk are so overcamped - UR and Guk are complete garbage for XP.

I was able to take a sub optimal party to SolA (War, Pal, Wiz, Enc, Shm, Brd) and get 6 levels in under 4 hours, before it got too late and I NEEDED sleep. Imagine not having to work the next day and doing that for 10 hours, that would be 15 levels at that rate. Imagine if I had been minmaxing the group (we actually would run out of mobs every 30min or so)

Another factor is that if you're ahead of the curve, as you reach higher level zones, you have less and less competition for pulls, the greatest limiter to XP speed is how many mobs are up and logically pullable. If you can just pull trains into yourself for hours on end with no one else grabbing them you're going to level insanely fast.

so to level fast on TLPs
    1 have a solid group (not optimized, but stable enough to take the pulls your doing)
    2 Don't go to garbage ZEM zones that are overcrowded because that's all lemmings know.
  18. Laronk Augur

It is more efficient to do longer playtimes with a static group because there's less setup time and you're not effing around as much. If you have shorter times with a static group it can be done fast too. If you don't have a static group then you spend more time lfg and are more likely to have slackers in your group leveling then takes longer.

I didn't do it but if I wanted to I could of told my wife that I want to do these long game sessions for my hobby and get her to step it up with our kid and get my niece to help they would of done it. My wife likewise went to a 3 day knitting convention last summer and I did all the cooking cleaning childcare stuff while she was out of town. It's important in a marriage that you respect that the other has hobbies or personal vocations that require time and sometimes you gotta do a bit more work so your partner can go do their thing that they're passionate about.

This time around I'm playing so casually that I make casual players seem hardcore.
  19. taliefer Augur

The biggest "mistake" or at least inefficiency I see most groups, pugs specifically, make is grinding on blue con mobs. this is woefully slow on modern TLPS in most situations. There may be times where grinding on insta or super fast respawning lower level mobs is more efficient, but for the most part you want to be killing at least white and yellow cons regularly.

Ideally, you want to be killing a steady supply of yellow and red con mobs that you can still land spells on. so roughly up to 6 levels higher mobs than the players current level.

the exp difference is huge vs grinding on low con mobs
  20. Karango New Member

Join any EQ Guild's discord and you will hear at least 1-2 neglectful parents with kids/babies crying in the background on the mic.
    Tucoh and TheChosenOne like this.