Monk/Shaman Duo spots

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by aindriuc, Jun 4, 2020.

1. aindriuc Elder

Hey guys,

I made a human (qeynos) Monk and a barbarian Shaman and I have them in Qeynos Hills and nearly 5.

At the moment, I only have a heal and a hp buff on my shaman, and things are going quite fine, but the shaman feels under utilised. I was wondering should I be shoveling out dots and nukes on my shaman rather than him just healing.

Also, would like to know if anyone has any good duo spots I can go to after 5, so I can make my way up to 50 on my own and without groups. Would prefer non-dungeon spots though, as they seem to be pretty populated.

One thing I hate is auto-following on my monk, as the auto-follow tends to send my shaman around in circles. Would prefer places with a good mob density so I can pull to one spot.

Just wondering if anyone else is doing the same thing I am doing and duoing a monk/shaman and where are you taking them to level up? Would kinda like a path of good spots where I can pull and pretty much mind my own business without interfering with anyone.

Thanks
  2. Megazen Elder

On your shaman, make sure the background FPS isn't turned all the way down. Turn it up to 60fps and you won't have this problem. It's a slider in the options.

Hmmm, not sure of spots near Qeynos, I never start up there. I would guess permafrost is your best bet if you don't want to deal with blackburrow (which is a nightmare without snare, one of the problems of shaman vs druid). At some point you can head into the Karanas as well, a lot of roaming single pulls out there.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

Unrest basement might be an option. I know it's not near Qeynos. One issue you will have in dungeons like Permafrost is runners. Undead don't run, obviously. I don't recall how far you can get in Unrest basement. 34-35 maybe? Others can chime in. If you try Permafrost, you can probably do the King area. Mostly single pulls. You have a monk, though, so should be no problem in any case.
  4. Hinastorm86 Augur

There are plenty of leveling location guides, the p99 wiki has alot, and almar's guides is a good resource.

One suggestion I would make is you probably should be slowing and dotting any mob of consequence with this duo, but you'll need to root it also to keep the aggro off the shaman.
  5. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

You can just setup in West Karana, and kill roamers from 5 to 11
    Move to EK and sit near the zone wall to the gorge kill tons of roamers until like 14 - 16
    Run over to SK near the aviaks and kill those + the roamers until 25 with super ease.

It's relaxing and different than the boredom of the popular spots.
  6. a_librarian Augur

Toxx forest has pretty good mob density and is easy to get to from your location. Erud's Crossing and the Kerra Isle section of toxx forest might work in the 10-20 range.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

I must be losing my mind. I was sure I read level 30. Ignore me. Replying to myself because I can't edit my post.
  8. aindriuc Elder

Thanks for the suggestions. I turned up the background fps and that fixed the circling auto-follow problem. Thanks.

I got to level 5 anyway. Almars guide says the top part of Qeynos Hills is for 5-10, but couldn't find many ,if any, of those level mobs. I also tried Western Karana but couldn't find any mobs roaming either. Tried Blackburrow but the top was already killed out due to players passing through. I tried deeper down, but they were too tough.

I guess I'll have to venture to other areas to try and find a 5-10 spot.
  9. Megazen Elder

Hmmm, other than qeynos hills, bb, and Karana, not sure what there really is without a very long trip. I usually do 5-10 in either Ro or Crushbone. Maybe sewers? I'm pretty sure you can get to at least 10 in the sewers.