Army of level 50 mage afk killing giants in Rathe mountain zone in Rizlona Server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by davnegsep, Jun 4, 2020.

1. davnegsep Journeyman

It is legal to have an army of mages in rathe mountain afk killing giants? wandering...
  2. Healiez Augur

No, record and petition it.

Honestly you could just petition it, but petitioning without sending in video evidence hardly ever gets things done
  3. Protagonist Tank

4. HoodenShuklak Augur

Honestly surprised by this.

I thought it would be necros.
    Lumiens likes this.
  5. tofu stir fry Augur

i would be surprised if this wasnt happening. par for the course
  6. davnegsep Journeyman

The player had like 10 mage each some distance apart and then when one giants attack one of the mage, the rest of the pets killed the giants. All mages were afk and their pets were killing giants like candy all night long!
    Bewts likes this.
  7. jeskola pheerie

Make a video and submit a petition with it attached, you might be able to give that particular crew a week off. Another crew will replace them, though.

Stolen from another thread:

8. Bewts Augur

Kind of amateur though... target nearest or even targeting the various mobs / ph by name so you don’t pick up something you don’t want to kill will up your giant spawn rate dramatically over wait for aggro...

Years ago I used to set 4 Necros in the karanas to target nearest and take in easily 7,000 spider silks a night. Was doing it more for TS and friends working on them than actual profit... and I was far from sophisticated.
    Adonhiram likes this.
  9. Lumiens Augur

He's probably just doing it to afford his spells because like everyone keeps saying, all the RMT action will be on Aradune.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

I'd be reasonably sure he's AFK botting before you petition. But remember, he has no obligation to reply to you. At some point the GMs are going to start making record of who is petitioning falsely.
  11. Nolrog Augur

As long as your are sending a /petition in good faith, then you'll be fine.
  12. tofu stir fry Augur

surely some of you playing on these new servers spent time on mangler? have you forgotten the months of Ice giant farming and HG farming that went on? lemme repeat that *MONTHS*. i think eventually something was done but i wouldnt expect anything anytime soon as it seems the powers that be are currently dealing with server cues slow loading times and stability issues .... i wish you luck. my advice is to go play in another zone away from them
  13. Thewiz Augur

Overpower them. Get plat. Win.
  14. C3lowz Augur

I talked to the person who is "AFK" Farming them. He is not AFK.

Just because you think something is what it seems does not mean that is what it is.

Either way, welcome to Rizlona! This is what you signed up for.
  15. MaestroM Augur

Isn't this what the people who play on Rizlona want? The whole point of a no limit box server is to permit a handful of people to park a mage on every valuable spawn point in the game.
  16. Intenso Augur

Pretty sure this is allowed there going by chat logs I seen with devs
  17. Tucoh Augur

Being AFK can get pretty gray once you set up SMS alerts or loud GINA triggers for tells. Not saying that this guy was or wasn't truly AFK, I'm just saying that there are a lot of people that automate EQ in a way that can't be revealed through tells.
    Barton likes this.
  18. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Is it legal to automate on a server that was setup to allow automation? :rolleyes:

Pretty sure that's the whole point of that server.
  19. Rothj Augur

I was very concerned and upset for a moment... then I read it was Rizlona and I felt a sigh of relief.
    Goburs likes this.
  20. ForumBoss Augur

It could be that one if their mages is being controlled by a human, I'm not sure if you sent them all a tell though. I dont play eq for a living, so I just avoid rathe mtns though. Usually for these set ups, a legit group or half group could easily out dps one mage pet before his other pets arrive at the giant. This was an issue with true box on phinny too. I'm betting this zone was a cluster on every tlp, the arms race is just going to be escalated a bit more with more mages on rizlona.