Friends List Gone

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Clicx, May 21, 2020.

1. Clicx New Member

Sense this latest server merger and shut down I have lost on all my characters their Friends list please look into this issue.
  2. Ferriciean Lorekeeper

Your friends list, blocked list, etc are not a server-side thing they can investigate. These items are configured in your client-side INI files. Since your server was merged into another, you have all new files for that server. If you look within your EQ directory, you'll see a file similar to this one:

Clicx_povar.ini

This is where your friends list resides. Let's say you were merged from the awesome Povar server into some less-than-dirt other server ... and now you need to move your friends list. You can do one of the following (for both options, you need to have the game shutdown or your changes will be overwritten)

1- Delete the new server ini file "Clicx_lameserver.ini" and then rename the old file to match the new server

2- Edit the new server ini file "Clicx_lameserver.ini" and replace your friends list with items from your old file, "Clicx_povar". You'll see that list right at the top, and it'll look something like this:

Code:
    [Friends]
    Friend0=*NULL*
    Friend1=*NULL*
    Friend2=*NULL*
    Friend3=Ferriciean
    Friend4=Ferricieanalt
    Friend5=FerricieanHaremWench
    Hope this helps you get back on your feet.

Cheers!
    klanderso likes this.
  3. Clicx New Member

My Server was never Merged this time I had a Character Logged in when they decided to drop servers offline now I log in any of my Characters they all don't have Friends list Been a EQ player sense game came out just this year got back to gaming.
  4. Ferriciean Lorekeeper

Interesting.

Fact remains, your friends list is stored in the files I mentioned. If they were overwritten somehow and you don't have backups, there's nothing the devs can do to assist in restoring them. Sorry, mate.

5. Clicx New Member

well if you can tell me where to find the file it might help out I have gone through all the files on computer in Everquest and haven't found any with INI tag
  6. Clicx New Member

thanks for your help I haven't found my USB drive that would have Everquest game on it as backup but it would be like 7 years old but I would have my Friends list I'll keep looking for my USB drive
  7. Mukkul Augur

Friends, ignore lists, and mail are stored server-side; it's been a long time since they were stored in local ini files.
    Xyroff-cazic. and lockjaws like this.
  8. lockjaws Augur

This is completely incorrect.

That information is all stored on the server, and synchronized, as is your character's profile text.
  9. minimind The Village Idiot

Hey! How'd you get your hands on my friends list? ;)
  10. Ferriciean Lorekeeper

Neat. I wasn't aware it had changed, but you seem to be correct. Thanks for the info.
  11. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Friends list will not populate if you've lost connection to Universal Chat. Sometimes it goes down on its own; sometimes it's a firewall issue on the user end that disconnects you from Universal Chat. Do you still have this issue when connected to Universal Chat?
  12. smash Augur

If univ chat down so are friends and more