Things that are in NEED of fixing right now.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, May 29, 2020.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Afk players, auto programs. FIX IT

I have put up with the downtimes, the patches.. but i won't deal with these auto program afk players anymore.

This game support and team members need to step on the ball.
    THIS IS NOT HOW IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE.
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I just find it annoying some people maybe more than some use a baz auto price program or whatever you wanna call it. I reprice items one by one and boom 5 mins later some trader usually the same one has them all beat its like whatever program hes using it like every 5 minutes just very annoying. Also must be people doing the same with foraging.

Andarriel
    Marton likes this.
  3. Palloma New Member

I did
    I didn't know this was a thing, how irritating. I also change prices item by item.
  4. Fohpo Augur

Two accounts a little setup fixes this pretty easy. Put second account right next to his trader, set your items for a trivial amount of plat, wait until he adjusts prices, buyout his stock, ???, profit.
  5. Sobmre Augur

door 11b in freeport need fixing asap
    Jolav and Eteract like this.
  6. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

tried this before... most of them seem to have a minimum price set to prevent this from happening. I think it's a % change in price. usually if I drop mine by more than 20% or so they don't adjust (or if they do, they don't do so quickly). of course, that means i'm making 20%+ less than what I want to be making on a sale, so nobody really wins.
    Andarriel and lockjaws like this.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Along with Afk play I think autopricing software should be a ban.
    Andarriel likes this.
  8. Cuuthbert Augur

For the Auto traders one thing you can do is if you have multiple of the same item you want to sell... Only put one of them up for sale and a real low price. When they drop their inventory price buy em out and resell them yourself. You can also see who it is and do a search by trader. Do this to as many of the items they have as you can and clean them out.
  9. Kovachs Lorekeeper

As Mehdisin said, most of these auto traders have a % minimum they wont go below. So you can drive their prices down but a buy out opportunity doesn't usually come. Besides that, even if you buy a certain stock of their item they just come back with more. Can't win. Its just frustrating they added limits on the buyers and you can't change your prices or add / remove buy lines without exiting barter mode when the real problem is on the bazaar trader side.

As for the auto players its hit or miss on their disruptiveness. Ive seen lots of auto players that flood the bazaar with certain tradeskill items to the point where you absolutely cannot compete with them. Or the auto players named hogging. Most ive come across that multi box are friendly, negotiable on releasing a camp to your group, or so far out of the way they have no effect on anything i'm doing.

The free to play boxes that camp and farm I feel are a huge resource drain on the game. They dont pay for expacs, they dont gold sub, they flood the bazaar with their crap and then autotrade to the point where youre now unable to sell your own items and make a profit to buy kronos, tradeskill items, collections etc.

The problem is more complex than just simply banning all these people using XYZ programs. The first thing that comes to mind is the massive loss of account subscriptions. I feel like nobody is going to read anymore past this point so this concludes my post.
  10. Nadisia Augur

First and foremost : this freaking evercrash game and the potatoes powered servers.

[IMG]
  11. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

/barter is even worse, by leaps and bounds. *shakes fist at the program we cannot name!*
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea I put a barter and same problem its not even worth doing it for me especially if you have to give up being a seller. why cant they make it so you can buy and sell at same time with same toon.

Andarriel
  13. Orbital101 Augur

#1 priority FIX THE LAG IN RAIDS k thx!
    Claan, Ssdar, Astral64 and 2 others like this.
  14. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yup exactly.

Andarriel
  15. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

you do know there are people that don't raid right? and second 90+% people don't even come on here just mostly raiders. #1 priority should be fix the servers never seem to have all these troubles before tlp servers!

Andarriel

ps if you cant tell by posts I hate tlp servers not sure why they think there more important than live servers!
  16. Laronk Augur

The ones who have very small intervals are easy to catch, people with random hour plus intervals are much much harder to catch there's a point where a person could be reasonably updating their prices. Really the ones that do it instantly or on very short intervals are asking for a ban.

The way to lessen the ability to move prices so fast would be make an auction house where you can put items up and it costs a fee when you put them up for sale and make it so either it costs you every time you change the price or limit how often you can change the price.

On the other hand people who do autoupdate their prices keep prices low by forcing everyone down to their floor through many fast updates.
  17. Shanarias Augur

Free accounts cannot set up a Trader in the Bazaar.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

We do have to be careful though and not mark folks who just live and breath the bazaar game as auto pricers. There are folks who play the bazaar game pretty intently and may look like auto pricers. I think we also have to be careful to not label aggressive bazaar players as cheaters.

I think if you pay attention you can tell the difference between an aggressive pricer and one cheating with software but a lot of folks don't pay a lot of attention.
  19. Sagarmatha Augur

I stopped paying for three gold accounts six years ago (after 14 long years of loyalty) due to the refusal of DB stopping AFK players. You can report obvious AFK and botting players multiple times with video proof and DB/DPG could not care less. AFK players have ruined a lot of the game, especially the economy.

The best way to show the game you're fed up is to stop giving them money. It's the only way a clueless company understands they're not satisfying their customers.

I moved on to another MMO long ago, but still like to forumquest (usually while I'm on the white throne) for the nostalgia.
  20. Kovachs Lorekeeper

No way???!! They arent using F2P accounts for their bazaar mule obviously. They have maybe 1 or 2 gold accounts, as traders/buyers/ maybe a main toon. When you zone into a place and see 12-30 toons all anonymous its not hard to track down their traders. example: when a person has 5,000 conflagrant silk, 10,000 kunark powders, or 2,000 conflag ore, or 3,000 befouled silks at rock bottom prices its kind of easy to figure out who is who.
    Coagagin likes this.