Server blow up time

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Triconix, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Zamiam Augur

I'm sure DPG will be posting a "scheduled maintenance " statement soon :p and have no ETA ..

also Test is still up
    lockjaws likes this.
  2. lockjaws Augur

incoming 6-40 hours of "scheduled maintenance"
  3. Tanacious Lorekeeper

YES!!!!! My plan has succeeded!! *Someone* randomly placed bricks inside the DPG office, and it appears the co worker junior dev protests have turned violent as they decided to start chucking them at each other.
    Word is they are protesting the defense line around the TLP servers.... any time now.....
    Metanis likes this.
  4. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Now, now. They haven't used that message in the last few server crashes. But still, lole
  5. Nadisia Augur

I really love the funny term of «potential issue»

[IMG]
    Nennius likes this.
  6. Galarian Elder

7. MillenialTrash New Member

"We are currently Investigating"

Trying to Reverse Engineer a 20 yr old game. 10$ dollah says 6 months until this game changes hands again.
    lockjaws likes this.
  8. Lishrac New Member

This is starting to irritate me just a little. Every time I get a day or two off work (yey for essential worker) and the server goes down.
  9. Coagagin Guild house cat

Why wait til Wednesday to have the weekly server crash when you can enjoy Wednesday's server crash on Tuesday!

Sorry, ummm... we meant the servers to crash all at once on Wednesday. Wow! Are we embarrassed. First by missing all the servers at once; second its not even Wednesday. Somebody send em a calendar. Please!

This message brought to you by the committee for Wednesday server crashes and Coag.
    lockjaws likes this.
  10. Captain Video Augur

TLP player are all in a queue waiting to crash.
  11. Nadisia Augur

Honestly, me too.
    I'm usually very positive, almost always in a good mood, joking and kidding all the time, but this situation is getting old now. Crash after crash after crash, plus the others «usual» issues (for instance, I got my anchor removed from my GH on my wiz 2 times in less than 2 weeks ... , so 3 times since the big cra ... merge)

It's starting to turn into a sad clowny meme.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

After all of the unscheduled downtime lately, (and thank you so much for giving me time to explore other options for my leisure time) I now have a thought. Let Larry, Moe, and Curly Joe who manage your servers be tasked with creating a long list of ForumQuest achievements. In time it could perhaps grow into the fabled, and almost certainly mythical, EQ3 that so many have speculated about.

and

[IMG]
    Metanis, svann and Nadisia like this.
  13. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I woke up so I can load up and see what my traders did and boom server is locked seems to happen a lot on Tuesdays for some reason. Do hampsters get paid on Tuesdays or something?

Andarriel
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

Actually, they get paid on Monday, drink to excess that evening, crash most of Tuesday, and then are so hungover on Wednesday that they really don't care until Thursday.
    Nadisia likes this.
  15. Nyemahame New Member

I noticed the last outage re-spawned corpses giving us free xp, unfortunately they went back and rewound some of those xp giveaways I noticed after a few days went from 99% into 115 to 24% within 48 hours on my main but most of my alts lost their XP.
  16. Nadisia Augur

Perfect. Just ... perfect. :D

And honestly, it looks pretty accurate.
    Do the devs and techs follow the same schedule? Cuz ... o_O :p
    Metanis likes this.
  17. Bobokin Augur

What was political about a plane crash?
  18. Nadisia Augur

Ok, servers are back up.
    But ... pets have poofed, and you know what? My guild hall anchor is gone wild ... again :D (4th time).

What a wonderful world.

Tarvas likes this.
  19. Tanacious Lorekeeper

~ *Since someone told me I like to write novels....this will continue until the servers come back up, it's my protest style....*

.......Something wasn't right. Many times had this seasoned Warrior gone to sleep, saying a night's farewell to the guild members, tending once more to the campfire before laying a weary head to rest. But for what seemed like only a short while later, there was a glaring and blinding light.

"Morning already?" pondered the sleepy warrior. "Well, I suppose I should get to it".

But upon reaching up with what was supposed to be an ornately clad arm in the finest armor, it was instead a bare, sickly, and pale looking arm. To further alarm, it was that of an apparently human young man's!!!

"What in the world!!? Where is my armor!?! Why is it... what.....!?"

Looking down, the former female gladiator realized that "she" was not really a "she" at all anymore.

"Oh my. What form of illusion or trickery is this?"

This fighter was used to wearing different forms of illusions, mostly as entertainment value, and a slight hobby of collecting mystical items that could change one's looks, but this was no illusion. This felt real, all too real. It seemed like one of those dreams that many guild mates and traveling companions had mentioned happening with increasing frequency. Some had pleasant tales, and others had very otherworldly experiences that lack true defining.

It was then that "he" noticed that in front of him that there was a set of 3 square panels. Though the panels were dark, it seemed as if they should contain something, but upon further inspection, these were simply flat panels. Maybe these were for writing on? Is this how I send a message to my captors? Taking a finger he starting drawing out the letters, and to much dismay left only very slight traces, as if clearing off dust.

"Well that's no good. I am going to have to find something to write with."

Looking around he found a small alcove just underneath the top layer that had a black device within. Unsure if this was a trap, he slowly reached in to touch one corner of the unfamiliar dark object, and to his surprise, the bottom part of the alcove slid out a little, as if by some unseen magic.

Jumping back a little, the wizened adventurer realized the seat upon which he sat was on some sort of clear see through surface, like ice but not cold. It allowed the seat to glide nearly effortlessly. He pulled on the top of the alcove and was able to slide back closer to the now slightly dislodged object.

Now pulling on the bottom of the alcove again with reinforced confidence, the black object slowly slid out into view, and it was another panel.... of sorts. This one was laying down, and had runes that almost resembled the common tongue, but slightly different, and very much out of place.

"This must be some magical puzzle. Maybe these are what unlock the top panels."

Ever so slowly, he reached for the symbol that looked like the Alpha-arreat symbol, placed in the middle row on the second key in.

"What sort of effect would this have? It could be a trap. Maybe it's something meant to bind you in place no matter which rune you choose. Man I wish I had that rogue here now to inspect this further." his thoughts raced.

As he hovered over closer and closer to touching the strange rune, he heard a massive explosion off in the distance to his left. It sounded like a mage or wizard's fire based spell, although more than just a single one! Allies? Enemies?

As he quickly looked to the left he saw what looked to be a great window, no doubt made by some very talented and skilled artisan, given it's massive size and clarity. He could see out it and saw many other denizens dressed in similar clothes running down the street. Some were wearing strange masks, others carrying crude makeshift objects. Stones, Sticks, bricks among what he could make out. Some were running, some were yelling and tossing such implements at an unseen foe.

Moments later, the previously unseen assailants came into view, and they looked like something out of a gnome tinkerer's nightmare. Completely black clad humanoid figures, decked out from head to toe in what looked like a combination of Meldrath's and Mistmoore's cumulative dark efforts. A frightening sight alone, but combined with the armaments and their functions, this was truly a terrifying set of foes.

They pointed their fantastical looking tinkered sticks at the fleeing masses, and they made loud popping noises, launching objects that started smoking in the air, and doubly so upon hitting the ground. What matter of evil magic is this? What terrifying effect is it that makes a raid force back away?

He quickly thought about what he should do, no force of evil should prevail, and although without armor or weapons, he was still an honorable warrior at heart. Quickly he got up from the sinister sliding seat, walked carefully off the "not-ice" slick patch the stool sat on, and began to look around the room for anything that he could use to defend himself and the fleeing raiders.

"I see. This is a test. Captured and put into an area where you are not yourself, and stripped of all your familiar traveling items, you are to defend against these creatures for the good of Norrath!" he chanted quietly, reassuringly to himself.

By the door that led to the outside and the nightmarish oppressors, he found a stick that resembled a club, small on one end, big on the other, about 3 measures long. "This will do." he thought. Giving it a couple of light test swings, he realized it could be used either 2 handed or 1 handed, what a great find indeed! Surely better than the others had from what he could see! Help was on the way!

As he opened the door he realized that he might need something besides these rags for defense. No doubt part of the wicked design was to convert all of the armor worn to their exact opposites, and he remembered he had very powerful armor indeed! Added to that devious enchantment no doubt is that you became a weakling human of average strength, meant to cloud your mind and disorient your abilities!

Thinking about the ramifications of the situation, he spied a circular metal storage bin, topped with a lid with a very sturdy looking handle! Although not ideal, he was now as prepared as he ever would be. Those fleeing adventurers needed his help!

Upon stepping out the door he was instantly blinded by the sun. Apparently another effect of the enchantment, to have sensitivity to light. The intense heat also made his newly acquired exposed pale skin burn with intensity. Instinctively, he started to reach for the item he used for elemental resistance, only to remember that of course, it was not here. So he must push through the annoying burning pain naturally. What a terrifying set of circumstances indeed!

Regaining his bearings he bounded down the short staircase and grabbed the lid off of the metal cylinder, and gave it a few test swings as he gripped the handle. Again, although not the ideal choice of gear, he considered himself fortunate to have found better than what the main raid force had. Surely their lead warrior fell to those foes without these finds! He would step in from the rear to help.

As he made his way to the black pathway they walked along, he found that the intensity of the heat increased, augmented by some nefarious force no doubt. This heat however was too much to bear, and so he retreated back a bit to the lighter colored squares that ran along this main path. Although still intense, it was much better than before, and these squares ran in the same direction.

As he picked up the pace of the jog after the evil humanoid creations, he found some of the crude implements they had dropped and quickly picked them up to use or distribute to those adventurers once they were rejoined.

"These foul creatures also disarm their opponents, how maniacal, and almost unfair." he thought as he quickly scooped up a couple of rocks without losing pace. Although the rags he wore were quite primitive, they did at least have a couple of shallow holding pockets so he also didn't have to play the part of the juggler as he pursued.

As the dark magical golems came into view he could see that they had almost entirely routed the raid force into oblivion, which sent his warrior senses into overdrive. The lingering scent of a most foul odor was threatening to choke him, making breathing more and more difficult as he approached.

Letting out a surprisingly high pitched Yaulp, which was supposed to be a terrifying battle cry, he charged forth but the assailants did not seem to take notice.

"Your mother was a lizardman, and your father was a flesh hound!!" he yelled proudly. One of his better taunts. Still the assailants paid him no heed. Perhaps they were out of range. Perhaps they could not be taunted. But he knew how to get their attention.

Pulling one of the rocks out of his pockets, he took careful aim and threw it with masterful precision. It landed squarely on the top of the dome of the smoke launcher wielder. It stopped it's movement toward the fleeing raid forces and looked around confused for a moment. The warrior saw his opportunity with his opponent stunned and charged in as fast as his legs would take him, once again letting out the high pitched battle cry, hoping this time it would have an effect.

The other dark machinations slowly turned around to see their attacker. They ominously stood there as he charged in club and shield at the ready. The smoke launcher golem launched a round toward him, and he deftly deflected it with his makeshift shield. Although avoided with precision, the intensity of the trailing smoke got to him a little as he deflected, slowing his advance a little.

The dark figures stood there, and now he could see humanoid eyes within these suits! Truly Meldrath's or Tinmizer's handiwork indeed! They shall pay for their crimes, and Mistmoore will get a full inquiry as well! Blinking off the effect of the smoke he continued forward one foot after the other while the golems sat silently and watched.

"Come Norrathians! We shall fell these foes together!! With me!!" he shouted to the dozens of denizens that had slowed their retreat to look onto his assault.

The golems then turned to one another, seeming confusion in their eyes. One of them gave a slight shrug and several of them lifted similar sticks to the smoke launcher stick. As he prepared to attempt to deflect several of these smoke assaults, he was quickly surprised by a series of short bursts, each one felt like the wrath of a giant hitting his shield, legs, arms all at the same time. After several direct hits to his now battleworn defender, the handle gave way and fell out of his hand, as he had not the strength left to hold it.

As he felt the familiar unconsciousness seeping in around him, he slumped to the ground, hearing the heavy click clak of these victorious entities in dark gnomish suits approaching him. Approaching his limit, his eyes stung and felt heavy, but were open long enough to feel himself being turned on his stomach, no doubt for the final killing blow. He then felt his wrists being clasped with cold steel behind his back, was he to be a ritual sacrifice!?!?

"All right hero, what's your name? What are you doing out here? Why were you flailing around a bat and garbage can lid?" said one in a surprisingly human voice.

"Bat?" he thought. "I had no such foul creature. And since when do you put lids on garbage? It's garbage, fit for only gnolls!" he pondered internally.

"All right all right, well whatever, you can tell the judge later. Let's go and get you up here. Tell us your name. We need at least that so we know what to call you." prodded the same voice, as they several of these dark suited figures, now seemingly almost human, brought him to his feet.

As he was brought upright, the overwhelming urge to pass out began to overtake any priority of conversation. But that would be unfitting of a warrior of his stature. Slowly, head and body throbbing, he looked around incoherently at his new captors, and then put his last remaining stamina into forming words.

"I am Mi....Min....Minasu, Warrior of Norrat......"

Once again, everything was black.
  20. Tatanka Joe Schmo

svann likes this.