Hack and cheat enforcement what a joke!!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by LongFellow, Jun 1, 2020.

1. LongFellow New Member

So I am on the new tls Rizlona and I am in Akanon leveling in the tunnels where the necromancers gm are at killing mobs in the cave system where Red V spawns.
    So over the course of three hours there are two mages with afk above their heads, and somehow their pets go through out the tunnels and kill every mob in there. It is almost like the have some kind of software that they set a patrol path and the pets would go the same path over and over killing mobs. I didnt think you where allowed to afk farm plat and xp??? So I use the petition system and report the to player names and whats going on and I get a message of how they will look into and they can not tell me what happens if anything so after another hour and a half nope nadda nothing happens they just continue to farm xp and plat while they are in bed asleep.
  2. RandomStrategy Augur

Rizlona is the wild west server.
    Scipio5 and Creedmonk like this.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Rizlona is guaranteed to have afk players so if it bothers you then my honest advice is try aradune instead.

Rizlona is a server that allows software to facilitate afk playing.
    Scipio5, TheChosenOne and Protagonist like this.
  4. Laronk Augur

There's no hacks to make pets have special paths, its likely /target xxx /pet attack. if they're really afk you have to report them with a petition (not /report)
  5. mark Augur

there are hackers on every tlp server but i am bound in cl and theres always 2 instances open but there are way less traders then on previous servers,the server his alive,at 10pm pdt there were 5 instances of guktop the server his way less toxic then eany server i have been on before.
  6. KimchiGoddess Augur

You should petition them and if you can, provide video as well. Just sending a petition and explaining exactly what is going on, timeframes etc can help. There keeps being AFK mail runners that end up stuck at the soulbinder spamming "Erud's Crossing" over and over. Petitioning seems to get them knocked offline at any rate.
  7. Nolrog Augur

Did you /petition them?
  8. Thewiz Augur

You are not allowed to automate (bot) or be afk while doing anything but stand there on Rizlona or any other server. /petition them with video evidence and explain in the petition what you think is going on. They will investigate and act accordingly if any violation of the rules happened.
    Nolrog likes this.
  9. Tucoh Augur

You can't legally bot on Rizlona, but you can legally run the macro quest that facilitates botting. I also think the enforcement is much more focused on Aradune so good luck getting GM attention on Rizlona.

My recommendation is to weather it out. I think that most bots in EQ are krono focused rather than players doing it for fun, and the price of krono is sure to be higher on Rizlona vs Aradune.
  10. Chuuk Augur

They likely have an AHK script or some hardware/software that auto keypresses a macro that says

/pause 5, /pet tar a_
    /pet qattack

MSI laptops have a program called SteelSeries where I can, among other things, program it to press whatever keys I want, in whatever intervals I want, for however long I want, for example.

So then you assign that macro a "5" and can setup a script to press "5" every 2 seconds and watch your pet go buckwild. That will literally send their pet after every mob with an "a_xxxx" type name. Quite effective. Bugs out sometimes if a corpse gets stuck though. Oh, and make sure you use /pet qattack or else it will just keep changing targets. The "q" means it will just add that mob to its kill queue.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

Er... sort of. The software that allows for botting can be used but AFK/unattended play will still get you a vacation. But you knew that. ;-)
    code-zero likes this.
  12. Fluid Augur

An easy way to check if players are cheating. Just go to the Tailoring shop in S Qeynos. Huge herds of bots doing the Erudin to Qeynos mail delivery. Low level characters that attack the Bard<?> guild master to get a free trip home.

The way you can tell they are using a cheat program is the door to the tailors is around the corner from where most of them run. The door is constantly swinging open and closed as they stream around the corner from the door. You can't open a door you can't target, anything you do that can't be accomplished with normal game play is illegal by TOS.
  13. Aneuren Tempered Steel

This is probably a keyboard macro, or maybe AutoHotKey, with a /target /pet attack hotbar macro. You will absolutely find this on Aradune as well. It was big on Phinigel too, and you'd have higher levels in mid level dungeons camping valuable loot drops.
  14. TheChosenOne Augur

You just have to be at your keyboard <wink wink>