Fixed Internally Quick Time and Hybrid classes?

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Caisy, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Funky Augur

the biggest problem with this that i have found is "mash/spam key"... it's the constant hitting 1 key tied to multiple spells/abilities to fire off whichever one is up/ready at the time.

found that if i actually give it a split second after each spell is cast to allow them to refresh instead of jackhammering my mash key to not waste 0.0001s of downtime between casts i never have an issue with my spells locking up.
    code-zero likes this.
  2. Docmoon New Member

I have this bug regularly in raids grouping with bard. I have to hit the Ensnare AA to get out of it. The problem is I cast so much during the raid on my ranger that I sometimes don't notice the spellbar locked up.
    Duder likes this.
  3. Cury Elder

^ Hoping for a dev response and fix soon to this.
    It's really a bad game client experience and afaik, it hasn't been acknowledged and scheduled for a fix-rollout... yet!

This is really bad when playing with a bard (and not the bards' fault). However the game client processes the cast ready checks and whatever else needs to be looked at for this fix.
    Metanis likes this.
  4. Cury Elder

I even wonder (just a guess) if the code is out of sync between a game client with the Quick Time buff and the how the server detects the cast-refresh-time for that same client.
    For example, the client knows the spell gems are ready, but the server-side security isn't matching up for that client to be ready yet, and it bugs out. Kinda like a dead-lock on a DB, or the client sent the read to cast again, before the server was read for that client, and the server is now ready, but the client already sent the signal and isn't going to send it again and just waits, but things are out of order.

Reminds me of during Solteris days, raiding, and the entire zone was laggy to hell because of all the no-delay monk hackers back then.
  5. Duder Augur

6 months into a bug that is virulent to gameplay with no fix in sight
  6. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Tagging it as "more info needed" but then not asking for any particular info seems pointless.

This is a major bug that needs to be dealt with.

I don't think it only affects hybrids.

I'm suspicious that its abilities some classes have for some spells causing the issue, resulting in negative recast times due to the newest level of quicktime not working right, so the gems never refresh.

For example, hybrids have INNATE spell haste on detrimental spells, for example. That could be one of the problems, something is stacking where it shouldn't and the game is getting a negative number that breaks the refresh. Shot in the dark, but its the kind of thing maybe they should be looking at.

So what more information do you need? This is a really major bug to be mostly ignored for 5 months.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  7. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

What possible new information could developers need? This stuff happens every raid. I usually have to hit an aa buff to get it to clear. It kills our DPS. Easily recreated, the devs just have to actually investigate it.
    Conq, Remien and Metanis like this.
  8. Cacky Elder

It may have happened rarely in the past, but these days in ToV raids with a bard casting/singing/whatever quicktime IX, it happens regularly to this ranger! Don't know if this is helpful info, but when my spell bar is grayed out / locked up, I am also unable to sit (either by typing /sit or clicking the button). I'm sure there are other aspects of the UI that stop working, but I can't remember any off hand. Anyway, as others have said, clicking an AA with a cast time (like root) will fix it (once you notice the problem, and once root is out of cool down...).
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  9. svann Augur

At first I stopped using it but it seems like they arent interested so Im using it again and if anyone has an issue they can just block it.
    Ferriciean likes this.
  10. Ferriciean Lorekeeper

Same here - but, devs really need to fix the problem.
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I just won't buy the ToV rank on my bard until its fixed.
  12. Anastasis Elder

Group's bard did not realized this and bought the ToV rank, so the group's dps will go up. Well, both ranger and cleric have to block this, since both have the 0.5 sec cast time spells, which are the most used spells (summer and remedy)
  13. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

I looked at the Raw Spell Data for Quick Time IX, and could not really tell what how exactly it affects the .5 second cast timers of ranger Summers spell line. Can any bards please provide more information? We really need this fixed ASAP. Please provide some actual data, logs, spell descriptions etc.
  14. svann Augur

We dont know why it breaks eq, but it reduces a 0.5 cast time to instant cast.
    I suspect that this does not play well with the coding of the global cooldown, but who really knows? If you want logs you probably need to obtain them from the classes that are having the issue. As a bard it hasnt ever affected me directly.
  15. Anastasis Elder

That is my theory too. The lock up only happened with the 0.5 sec cast time spells in my group. Unfortunately, the lockup is in the UI and would not be able to show in log file. It is very easy to verify it. Using the test dummy, have the bard start Quick Time IX, then have the ranger use the multi-bind key for Summer lines, and spam hit the multi-bind key, and you will get it.
  16. Caisy Master

This was dev confirmed in another thread months ago, and here we are in almost June and I'm having to block Quick Time on raids. GG, Darkpaw. This may not be a huge deal to you, but I can tell you, it's frustrating trying to play competitively and having to block this buff. I'd rather not have to put snare or something on my spam bar to clear this bug because that hurts dps as well taking up the GCD spot of a more useful ability.
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  17. Chopin.Xegony Augur

What info is currently needed to move this along, this bug is really becoming a pain.
    svann likes this.
  18. Kenluin New Member

Please fix this problem. It happens to me as a ranger often and it is especially devastating when it happens during raids. It is also particularly frustrating when it affects DPS that is required for past and current raid content.

PLEASE HELP US!
  19. Remien Master

This is still super annoying to manage when spells are locked up. If you aren't going to fix it can we please split off the slot 1: Decrease casting times by 0.5s portion of quick time into a second buff? That way we can block and still get the other very beneficial adps portions of quick time.
    Drakah likes this.
  20. Duder Augur

Thing is that there are lots of instant spells without QuickTime and they don't bug the spell bar out. I am pretty sure it has occurred with spells that don't become instant with quicktime going as well. I think it could just be a bug in the quicktime data itself. But its frustrating for it to have been going on for this long without any word or interaction with devs to try and figure this out.
    Drakah likes this.