Can a Dev, or someone, explain this que? It took 4+ hours for me, took barely an hour for others.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by NromDuke, Jun 1, 2020.

1. NromDuke New Member

2. RandomStrategy Augur

Average wait timr 90 minutes. I log in instantly, you log in 3 hours later.

Average 90 minutes!
    Scipio5 and KimchiGoddess like this.
  3. Creedmonk Augur

The like you 4x less than those people but still, they don't like those people very much.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

If you didn't upgrade your account to platinum or buy the lifetime sub you've gotta sit in the queue, sorry.
  5. Zansobar Augur

The queue isn't really a queue in that it is not a sequential spot in a line to get in. Instead it is a holding area with a pool of people that want in and, I believe, when a slot in game opens up, a random number is drawn that matches who the lucky person will be that gets in. This is why the queue time never goes down for a person as it is not specific to that person, just an average time it will take for the current number of people in the holding area to get into the game. Of course that time changes as new people are added to the holding area when they attempt to log in.
  6. enclee Augur

"All queues are equal, but some queues are more equal than others."
    -Server Queue
  7. Healiez Augur

The queue gives you a snapshot of the average time people have been waiting to get in when you click join.

So if you queue at say 6 EST, right at the start of prime time, it may say 50 minutes, because thats how long people were waiting on average at that point, and there were maybe say 200 people waiting.

However in the past 8 minutes, 400 people tried to log in as they got off work, tripling the size of the "line", now that 50 minute timer isnt accurate at all because it was a snapshot of the time people were waiting BEFORE the surge of people joined.

Thats why, especially at the start of prime time, the queue might say 70 minutes when in reality its 120.