[Feature] Block grey con mob summon

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Angahran, May 23, 2020.

1. shiftie Augur

warriors have aggro abilities that are instant due to being based on end rather than mana, summoning is least important to them.

Paladins have this issue but we can't tank as many as SK or warrior effectively due to cast times on heals and the fact that we do not have the passive healing sk do. Being summoned by 1-2 mobs or even 3 isn't game breaking, it has also been around for almost the entirety of the game, most players have learned how to adjust which is why I mentioned invis, clicking off ds and using a 0 dmg primary.

If we are talking end game content instead of changing summon I'd like to see the hitbox increased so that the mobs we fight are not in range or out of range at the same time that we are out of range and in range. That would eliminate the end game summon problem.

All in all it is a non issue - bad players are making it out to be against lower level mobs and it is barely felt by end game players. You mentioned the first mob. How many mobs did you kill that this happened with 1/30th of total mobs? I just don't buy it.
  2. Angahran Augur

1. invis does not help when mobs see invis or there is a mixture of live and undead mobs.
    2. whoever said anything about ping pong on level appropriate content ? We are talking about grey con, non-xp mobs here.
    3. FFS get over the never ending BS that SKs are walking into current expansion zones and soloing every named mob there, all at the same time, with one hand tied behind our back while half afk watching a movie. It's getting old! And no, despite what some idiots have posted, SK pets CANNOT solo ANYTHING worthwhile.
  3. shiftie Augur

You are not very good at forum posting or maybe you post under the influence (I miss hadce). You do not quote something, get a reply, and then go back to a quote from hours ago to reply. That's not how this works. Though likely intentional on your part to be overtly annoying. I'll leave you to it. Find something you "are" good at - this game and subsequent forum do not seem to be within your wheelhouse.

And with that I'm done discussing this with you. See ya later anablade.
    Littlelegs likes this.
  4. Cadira Augur

Bro, sks can "literally" solo the AoW mission. The kael hero mission. They can literally solo/molo a lot of current named. I tanked ....about 3 etw windows? in tofs due to one of the mobs pathing incorrectly on the maze floor (4). The entire left side of the zone and half of the right came to me. Bard was only mezzer in group. Lived to tell about it.

But that's besides the point I don't care if they change grey con mob summoning or not.
  5. Angahran Augur

This has nothing to do with gathering TS materials.
    If I was doing that I would be killing these mobs.

This was simply a question to the devs about a simple QOL change.
    It does not enhance anyones enjoyment of the game that if they are simply trying to go from point A to point B and some low level trash happens to see them and feel gung ho they have this unresistable ability to be a PITA.

And no, SKs (along with all other classes) have exactly ZERO tools to stop low level mobs from summoning.

And as for "zerging through end game zones", SKs die just as fast as warriors against end game mobs.
  6. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

If some baddy of ungodly power in full plate armour was coming towards me threatening my homeland as he slaughtered my brethren all around me, I'd wait till he gets with in arms reach and then shove a rather long toothpick in through the eye slit of his helm. Even if he killed me, that has got to be on his top list for one of the worst days of his life.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea low level summon and stuns are stupid.

Andarriel
  8. Natal Augur

It is to stop people from using zero risk tactics to kill mobs, such as kiting and root/dotting.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Why? When it can be done for other mobs?

And NOTHING is zero risk, especially if you do more than one mob at a time. And, often, the solo kiter is making XP slower than an SK solo-tanking, so just because something is lower risk, well, it's also slower XP (or can be).

And, why give the classes the tools to do these things, and then restrict it so much? Quad/quint spells, have they EVER been used in group/non-kite settings? Of course not, they're for kiting.

Nothing said here changes my opinion. Summoning is stupid for gen-pop, non-named, grind-through-the-zone mobs.

So, I agree with your statement, it's to stop kiting. The real issue is, why? Why do we need to stop that? For classes specifically given tools to do that?
  10. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

(That supposed to be a sigh?)

If the game didn't set up tradeskills to make you farm content 50 levels or more below you for hours and hours, then you might have a point.

Skilling up past 300 requires "learning" recipes. Recipe books you can scribe don't get you very far at all in most skills, so that means making thousands of different items going all the way back to original EQ. And since you have to be lvl 105, with the EoK expansion unlocked, to buy the AAs that let you go past 300, that means you have to be farming content that is way lower than your crafting toon.

Set up a buyer, you might say. Well, I do that as well, but I end up having to personally collect the vast majority of what I use because the handful of people that level alts through those old zones are doing so super-fast. How much Sand Verbana do you think people are looting these days from LDoN missions? I need over 100 of them to make all of the dozens of recipes that use them for tailoring and blacksmithing, but I took a 3-box team of lvl 62 alts through one of those adventures the other day and got TWO in over an hour of killing everything. My buyer has gotten me 21 of them in two years of having a buy line for them.

So yeah, I'm going to say that anything that reduces this pain is a good idea.
  11. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

Absolutely. Nothing I hate more as a tank than having 3 or more mobs that summon doing that to me when they are already close. I would never suggest getting rid of summoning entirely as long as "root and rot" and dot and ranger bow kiting are a thing, but I do hate getting bounced around by mobs I'm actively tanking. If a mob I'm tanking wants to summon the wizard that is over-burning, that's the wizard's fault. But a mob that can still hit me or move just a few feet to get into melee range shouldn't be summoning me, just so that another mob behind me can summon me back because that moved me a few feet away from it.
  12. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

Oh, and don't get me started on trying to forage for materials in old zones with enormous forage tables, either. I've parked 3 toons with high foraging skill and AA in The Accursed Nest (DoN expansion from more than 15 years ago) trying to get Coarse Salt and Lime for hours and hours. (Druid and Ranger with all AA and a second ranger with the double forage AA, but not high enough level for the reuse reduction ones.) I would never use the forbidden program to afk forage, so that's hours sitting at the computer just hitting my forage and /autoinventory macros.