GMs already failed at enforcing 2 toons on Aradune

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by RilerDevour, Jun 1, 2020.

1. RilerDevour New Member

So much for the sales tactic of GMs enforcing 2 toons per person on Aradune. There is already an Enc/Clr/Mage trio for sale for $1000 each. I see ads up to PL toons to 50 using VPNs and "following all rules". All of these folks playing more than 2 toons at a time, and not being caught by GMs.

Who could have possibly seen this failure coming? Oh wait...everyone who didn't have their head in the sand.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  2. nagash101 Augur

Jesus who cares about one dude playing 3 character. What it is stopping is the poop-socker that is playing 6+ and camping stuff 24/7.
  3. C3lowz Augur

Of course we're going to have people trioing, quading, 6 boxing. There is no way around it.

However we're not going to see 6 boxes in obvious places disrupting gameplay like they did. Stop crying
  4. KimchiGoddess Augur

They're all made of fail, right now on Rizlona there are 5 toons automating a script to do the erudin to qeynos mail run. They had 6 of them but one was spamming "Erud's Crossing" while AFK at the soulbinder and after a petition he got booted offline after one of my guildies petitioned them. Earlier all 6 of them were doing the spamming and all got booted offline after the same person petitioned. Now the other 5 are free to continue to automate the mail run and only the one caught in his autospamming loop was booted. LMAO. They can't prove anything is actually automated without a screw up that has them spamming the same command in some open channel with zero result.
  5. Neuro Elder

It's like Speed Limits. Sure, some people are going to still speed down the highway, sometimes egregiously, but overall most people will keep to the limits and the highways won't become a free-for-all Death Race 2000.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

I've literally seen 2 blatant 6 man armies in popular spots where hundreds of people go, over the course of 2 days.

If there are gms going after this stuff, they're either being fooled or are backlogged up the wazoo.
  7. KimchiGoddess Augur

Their petition response times are actually very good. My friends first middle of the night petition was answered within 4 hours according to him. The second petition was in under 3 hours. They didn't address everythign though, the scripted characters that ran without issue were ignored, only the characters that had malfunctioning scripts were dealt with. They honestly can't tell the difference between someone with a normal script and actual multiple people playing I guess.

edit: spoiler alert, the toon malfunctioning is offline 1.5h later but the script running without issue ones are still on. They all have names that are sequenced so you know it's one persons accounts. They haven't noticed in 1.5h that one of their script bots is offline .....................................
  8. aindriuc Elder

What they could do is 'spy' on the group chat, see if there is actually any movement. If they saved group chat, or like the last 20 lines of it, they could see if it were real players or not? Might be one way they could prove.

Just a suggestion
  9. Loze Elder

Group chat? Not defending 6 boxers here, but I almost never type in group chat. I never PUG and everyone in my guild uses Discord. Why type when you can just talk?
  10. KimchiGoddess Augur

ehh to be honest I dunno about that. For example on Mangler I play 3 chars and so does my friend. We talk to each other via discord and don't really put anything in group chat. There are times that a solo player wanders to where we are and is LFG and we will drop one of our boxes to invite the solo player in because that's how we roll. At that point we would use group chat to communicate with them but other than that it's a wasteland.
  11. MaestroM Augur

How is it that you can tell that they're botting by DPG cannot? I'm sure DPG would love to see your data.

See something say something. If they ban the wrong person i'm sure we'll get a long and detailed post about how they weren't actually botting.
  12. Chatoyan Elder

Nah. I was in a PUG last night. Pretty sure nobody was boxing, from watching them and the few things that were said (clr/war might have been a box, I suppose), but there was almost no chat in group. It was late, people were tired, and all the energy went to grinding, not conversation.
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

If my group mates are typing then they aren't busy enough. Dump another load of mobs on their and get to work!
    Chacko Supreme and Tucoh like this.
  14. KimchiGoddess Augur

So some of my evidence is anecdotal because my friend is the one that's actually reporting/petitioning them, but I made a character to log on in that zone and witness it for myself. That being said I have absolutely no idea of the tools DPG have to actually investigate any of these issues.

From my understanding speaking with people who have used third party programs that may/may not be allowed, it is entirely possible to script runs from Erudin to Erud's Crossing to Qeynos to complete the mail quest for the 6 gold per run.

These 6 characters were first brought to my attention when my friend was doing the mail quest for himself and told me to make a char and come see as all 6 of them were standing around the soulbinder and spamming the words "Erud's Crossing" and nothing else. He petitioned that they were doing this and named all of the characters. When his petition was answered, all of these characters then went offline within minutes of his email response. They remained offline for roughly four hours, I will state that during those hours he was also leveling up and then went back to do the mail quest again for some spell money.

At that point he noticed that all 6 were back online. After like 2 mail runs he realized that one of the 6 bots (again all named in a way that showed they were together. Think like Mageone, Magetwo, Magethree etc but not those names) was stuck again at the soul binder spamming "Erud's Crossing" while the rest ran the mail quest with zero issue. He again petitioned, pointing out the one character spamming at the soulbinder and that the other chars with their names were automated running the mail quest (which is very obvious when you follow them through it more than once).

Only the character with the malfunctioning hotkey at the soulbinder was removed from the game and remains removed 2h later while all the other bots are running the mail quest with the exact same path and zero issues.
  15. Vaxpo Elder

Oh it is being enforced. I've already reported a couple, with evidence, and they have not been back in since.
    Chacko Supreme and MaestroM like this.
  16. KimchiGoddess Augur

What evidence have you provided? Obviously my friend is lacking despite the automation being blatantly obvious.

All the toons he reported spamming the same Erud's Crossing macro were all booted out upon the petition being reviewed. They then logged back 4 hours later on their own and resumed their scripted run. One borked and started the soul binder spam again, was petitioned (with the other ones pointed out as botting) and only the spammer was removed and has yet to come back online.
  17. wade_watts Augur

Where do you spend your time that you are seeing ads for people selling EQ accounts?
  18. Vaxpo Elder

I petitioned and gave the time, date, screenshots, names, zones and logs. Then I put them on my friends list to see what happened. It wasn't instant, for about 6 hours or so they were still online. Later I got the typical copy/paste email from daybreak and checked my friends list. They were not online. I check it every so often and have not seen them for a few days. This isn't a case of me just not being in the game either. I had a static group who has been going hard since release. Just hit 50 today. Those boxers just have not been back in. At first I thought maybe it was just the login queue issues, but at this point I doubt that. It has been a few days without them online. The mage armies aren't going to wait that long if they can get in.
  19. Healiez Augur

So if you read the discipline policies for breaking the box rules.
    1) Warning, and they probly also kick the accounts
    2) suspension, I think 7 days
    3)ban

So if they just dont give 2 about the accounts (they might not especially if they are paid for with already aquired krono). They get their warning, and wait a bit then resume activity and just try to get away with it as long as possible before they are perma banned.
  20. Tucoh Augur

Had a puller yesterday who wouldn't stop pulling no matter what we typing in chat. Even when we had deaths and OOM characters they kept going. Even when 3 of us were leaving they kept going. We gave 4 warnings that we were leaving and when we left we said it in group chat and gated ASAP to get the hell out. Right as we finished casting they were bringing another group in.