Returning player. What exactly am I paying for?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aylion, May 31, 2020.

1. Aylion New Member

I’m returning after several 17 years away. The last time I played was on a dial up modem. I was super excited to jump back to the nostalgia on the new TLP, with my new computer and fast internet.

What exactly did I just pay for???? I can’t even play. The 3 hour server queue takes up most of the time I allotted myself to play. I’ve been in queue for over 4 hours today because the game crashed at login.

There ABSOLUTELY should have been a disclaimer about the conditional possibility of not getting what you purchased.
  2. Password1234 Augur

Since you're new again, you might have missed that there are actually two new TLPs. One seems to be basically full, but people aren't reporting problems about the other one. Maybe you should consider giving that one a try.
    code-zero likes this.
  3. Healiez Augur

Its in the EULA and ToS you agreed to when you subbed...
    Dythan likes this.
  4. nagash101 Augur

if you bought bags and can't access the server you bought them on you can get that money back. If you used PayPal submit a non delivery of goods/service. Because you can't actually use those items that you purchased on a specific server, Aradune. Maybe if everyone that is frustrated with what is happening for the last 5 days does SOMETHING maybe DPGs will actually get off their !@#$#.
    Aylion likes this.
  5. Aylion New Member

Care to link? You’re unsubstantiated
  6. Healiez Augur

TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DAYBREAK GAMES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE DAYBREAK GAMES ARE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. DAYBREAK DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THE DAYBREAK GAMES, INCLUDING ALL STATUTORY AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. DAYBREAK MAKES NO WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE DAYBREAK GAMES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THAT ACCESS TO ANY OF THEM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, CONTINUOUS, VIRUS-FREE, ERROR FREE, RELIABLE, SECURE AND/OR COMPATIBLE WITH ANY PARTICULAR HARDWARE AND/OR SOFTWARE. DAYBREAK HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL OBLIGATIONS TO FURNISH ANY MAINTENANCE AND/OR SUPPORT SERVICES WITH RESPECT TO THE DAYBREAK GAMES.

https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service
    code-zero likes this.
  7. Aylion New Member

While I sincerely appreciate the suggestion, I had came back and paid specifically for the Aradune server. I have no desire to play on another server just to go though the motions.
  8. kit74 Lorekeeper

you are paying for the privilege of sitting in a queue unless you work swing shift and get home around 12am PDT
    Chuuk and Scipio5 like this.
  9. Scipio5 Journeyman

Bro you read the name of the game wrong. You paying for Neverquest.
  10. Manafasto Augur

Any credit card holder can stop payment and take the banned from DPG.
    Aylion likes this.
  11. Aylion New Member

Excellent!!! This should be blasted all over the BDG forums. That’s clearly a non enforceable contract which shows they are willing to take peoples’ money and not deliver a working product. This agreement is unilateral considering they aren’t promising anything of useful quality in return for your money.

This was very informative.
  12. Aylion New Member

That’s what I plan to do if this issue isn’t resolved ASAP. Thank you.
    Manafasto likes this.
  13. Scipio5 Journeyman

What's frustrating to me is the official communication is to login from 12 to 7? :rolleyes: actually comical
    Aylion likes this.
  14. Tweakfour17 Augur

Seemed to me like the official communication was more along the lines of "we adjusted the afk timer to help keep the queue moving while we investigate other options to help fix this. Also as an fyi, the queue is lowest/not at all during these times if you have some flexibility in your schedule". Some people seem to take it as "play in the middle of the night or get rekt scrub"
    code-zero likes this.
  15. Nazzu New Member

"To the extent permitted by law" are the only words in the terms of service that are of any importance. As DPG does not determine what is or is not allowed by law the rest is meaningless.
    Aylion and KimchiGoddess like this.
  16. Gnothappening Augur

Sadly that is the rub though, you didn't pay specifically for the Aradune server. There isn't an option to pay for a subscription for a specific server.

Actually though, that might be a good idea. Plan a TLP, presell 1 or 2 year subs up to the maximum number of players a server can support. Once it is full, either make another or don't. Then everyone can get in and since they had to buy a one or two year sub, DBG doesn't lose money from player attrition.
    Pelrond likes this.