Easy Fixes to common crashing reasons

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Healiez, May 31, 2020.

1. Healiez Augur

am not saying not having a queue bypass system if you crash doesent suck, it does and really should be a thing.

However, if you are constantly crashing it is most likely on your end. There is a reason some people can play for 10-12 hours at a time without crashing and others cant. If the entire zone or server isnt crashing it is on your end. A few things that are notorious for causing crashing issues.

ADV loot window getting bogged down. If you ignore advl, and let it fill up you will eventually crash. Keep it cleaned up.
    LFG window is to be avoided, it is notorious for crashing players
    Turn logs off, this can be done by typing /log
    Delete old UI files and old character files that are no longer being used.
    Turn off Flora
    Turn spell particle effects to near

If all those things dont work it is usually a deeper issue. Sometimes a fresh install can help, just make sure you uninstal and delete EVERYTHING EQ related. It is most likely a memory leak, caching error cascading into a crash, or a corrupt EQ file. For some reason EQ files love to get corrupted

Again this post is entirely meant to help. It isnt a this is your fault, DBG doesnt need a queue remembery thingy or what not, and is not trying to stir anything up. It is simply a list of things I have found to be common causes of crashes that can be fixed in game.

Again this isnt meant to start a flame war, just trying to help as I have found these things to work in the past.
    Dythan likes this.
  2. Manafasto Augur

Thank you for the info.
  3. nagash101 Augur

Its bad client code and it is happening to MANY MANY people on Aradune in the Commonlands or ANY zone that has a bunch of character close together. It is most likly the networking code associated with the client not handling ALL the traffic correctly and hitting an exception error.
  4. Healiez Augur

Then me and the brother are the luckiest guys alive to have 30+ hours across 4 total toons and zero crashes. Like I said, just trying to help, maybe it will fix something for someone!
  5. nagash101 Augur

Go hang out in a zone with characters, Common Lands Tunnel is a good start. you are in low populated zones. read the other threads before tossing in your one cent.
  6. Healiez Augur

Wouldnt expect any less of you, make a post to try to help and you just come in flaming.

PS I have been in commonlands plenty
  7. Sikkun Augur

I’m sure there are problems on the game end, but it’s also worth checking things on your end. Usually when “lots” of people are crashing, the entire server goes down.

On the other hand I have seen plenty of people crash because of log files and other issues also.
  8. Scipio5 Journeyman

Thanks for the tips!
  9. Gethvelion Journeyman

All you have to do is look at his forum profile pic - he is a troll.
  10. Endacer Augur

I have done all the usual fixes for crashing. I have played and raided(heavy particles etc) on every TLP server thus far. I play and raid on Live. I have a higher end pc, with no corrupt files. I crash occasionally on this server. Has almost never happened to me before, not even on Mangler. Something about Aradune, especially commonlands is causing crash issues.

I just crashed 20 minutes before my guilds first raid, and am now missing it due to queue. Something needs to be done about this, it's too frequent and too commonplace to just be "on your end". You have to keep in mind, a lot of us are all EQ vets, that have played and dealt with these issues and fixes for decades, know how to fix these issues, and can tell when it's server side. Seriously suggest adding some sort of grace period for people who are DCed, on being able to get back in.
  11. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

It's the Commonlands Plague
    Forsaken likes this.
  12. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Bump for usefulness.