This is Ridiculous - Booted to desktop

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Yourmaker, May 31, 2020.

1. Yourmaker New Member

Just waited 2 and half hours to load in and I get in and it kicks me to desktop, load back up and asks me to kick character and I do, then it puts me back in que for 168 minutes!!!! Get your together. I am seriously going to cancel my account and for any of you DBG bootlickers, F off.
    Trey, Creedmonk, Barthorn and 7 others like this.
  2. Trizek Augur

Well, DPG* can't help if your files are corrupted causing a crash. I have not crashed in EQ for years, then again my system is flawless.

This is a you problem.
    Muyan and Pumpernickel like this.
  3. Scipio5 Journeyman

I thought this problem was something other people had then it happened to me. We need a grace period like in WoW. Or regular server restarts.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

As annoying as it is, as angry as it has made you, this post still made me laugh.

After a week or two either the queues will be better or another server might be opened for the overspill, similar thing happened with Ragefire - so Lockjaw was opened.
    code-zero likes this.
  5. ZzznakeDoctur Journeyman

Incredibly ignorant. Eat , moron!
  6. Manafasto Augur

EQ crashed on me twice today. Both times in UGuk and I knew the second time my character was not getting back in anytime soon. A 171 minute que currently is unacceptable.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Angry is understandable but try & be civil in expressing it.
  8. Kroh Journeyman

Same happened here.

Not in the slightest.
    TheChosenOne and Aylion like this.
  9. Yourmaker New Member

I've been playing on Agnarr for over a year and never once crashed, bootlicker. My set-up is fine.
    TheChosenOne, Gio1999 and Aylion like this.
  10. Trizek Augur

You crashed on Aradune, sorry something is wrong on your end. Excuse me just got into a group, going to enjoy my time playing and not crashing :p

Sincerely,
    A bootlicker
  11. Azuro New Member

Today, Both my chars on aradune have been kicked to desktop, happened twice now in 1 day, waited 3 hours in the queue earlier and its just happened in the past 5mins, gonna goto bed and forget, but now I think this is going to keep happening :( , also I checked my files in the Everquest launcher validater and they are fine according to that.
    Gafgarion and Aylion like this.
  12. nagash101 Augur

Submit a refund for ANY bags or server specific (Aradune) things you purchased with cash, not station cash. You can't access those items for the majority of your playtime then you didn't actually receive that item\service. If you bought them with Station Cash you are out of luck and the sub is a DPGs donation.
  13. Sikkun Augur

Unless you do a charge back they are probably going to reject it. There are no server specific bags.
  14. nagash101 Augur

It absolutely isn't his end, its something they have running on Aradune. Most people are crashing to desktop in Common Lands near Tunnel or in heavy populated zone. Stop saying it is on someones END. Its 2020 and client crash only, ONLYhappen with bad code, period. A complete crash to desktop is usually an exception error that isn't handled correctly.
    TheChosenOne and Gafgarion like this.
  15. Intenso Augur

I just waited 2.5 hrs get in and lfg window crash straight away lol
  16. Rekz New Member

I was in the queue for 2 and a half hours, finally got in, didn't even make it to char screen and it crashed. Now back in for 3hr queue almost. Its certainly not my computer being unable to run a 21 year old game. This is terrible.
  17. code-zero Augur

Crashing to desktop has been a problem on live servers since the last patch. Some people never have it but both my girlfriend and myself who live in different time zones have been plagued with it. BTW neither of us play on any TLP server, live only

You should go find the post in the bug report subforum and click like then calmly report what's been happening
  18. Azuro New Member

All we want is some sort of clarification that the eq officials are aware of a problem and trying to fix it, right now this has happened twice to me on different occasions and is very disheartening now.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  19. Intenso Augur

mine was searched for groups looking for places returned nothing which I thought was strange then lockup and crash to desktop
  20. Slipp New Member

I agree with the OP. I've played pretty much all day every day since Wednesday and have not crashed at all, but then last night I was in the EC tunnel near the parcel and crashed to desktop.

It's not people's rigs, it's pretty intermittent.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.