Please remove coin rewards from mail quests.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by istsodfjkskf, May 29, 2020.

1. istsodfjkskf New Member

There's a huge bot problem with mail quests being botted, especially the erudin->qeynos one. Please either remove the coin rewards before the economy is damaged beyond repair or police the quest-doers for automation more aggresively.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

Thank you for bringing this to my our attention.
    minimind likes this.
  3. MaestroM Augur

There's not even a queue. You're just trolling for the sake of it now.
  4. Basak Augur

What? This is a problem. What does this have to do with a queue?
  5. ZzznakeDoctur Journeyman

Think you replied to the wrong thread again, lol....
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  6. code-zero Augur

A lot of non cheaters use the mail runs to make a bit of currency on new characters. This is just another example of TLP trying to screw up the live game for the rest of us
    KimchiGoddess, Mezrah and Nolrog like this.
  7. Febb Augur

Can we remove quest rewards and anything else from them since bots might do other quests please? Oh and lets shut the game down because people might do things that other people can't do.
    code-zero likes this.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

Let's remove drops all together (coin and loot), quests are just for fun, no reward, make every available in the cash shop, then the RMTers/Botters will have no reason to do anything. /s
  9. Ishbu Augur

Funny there are people defending this.

All our quest xp for the vast majority of the population who doesnt abuse this crap is completely neutered to be inconsequential, but its cool for people to run 10 boxes back and forth getting free plat dumped into them? Something far more altering than turning in bone chips or fire beetle eyes?

While I dont personally care if they do anything about this, anyone defending it without also bringing up the quest xp, cant be taken seriously as this is a far more server affecting issue than the quest xp was
  10. Febb Augur

So if the bots decide to do another quest that's easy to do, do we nerf that one too? Where do you draw the line where this doesn't hurt the casual players trying to find a quest that gives them decent experience that's fairly easy to do? How about we report the bots that are doing this instead and punish the cheaters instead of nerfing things into the ground.
  11. TheDohn Augur

This just in: Server designed for bot armies is being exploited by bot armies.

Did you petition them?
  12. Ishbu Augur

This was a question for when they killed the quest xp. Trying to ask it now is too late as the precedent has been set.

Its also not cheating, botting is allowed. Just like the quest turn in xp wasnt cheating. It was removed for all low level characters because some high level ones mass accumulated the low level turn in items is all and it was "unintended" game play.

Clearly running this back and forth for plat upon plat is unintended gameplay as well, so again, your questions needed to be posed a while back before it was too late
  13. brickz Augur

Oh please, nobody wastes time doing this on a live server when you can get a tank merc and steamroll through the early levels to the point where mobs drop substantially more coin.
  14. Ishbu Augur

I will state again, personally I do not care at all about this. Just anyone defending it without talking about how the xp needs to be put in for low quests again, cant be taken seriously as they are clearly showing an agenda
  15. Kobra Augur

You can make hundreds of plat per hour doing this with automation.

Keep the exp, keep the quest. Let people repeat it even, but remove the currency reward.
  16. code-zero Augur

You really don't know anything about playing on a live server and what you may or may not do. Automating the mail runs is a new thing with TLP's but making a run has always been one of the first things I'll do with a new character and has been for going on 20 years. I'm surprised that you didn't bring up making a Heroic character or cashing in loyalty tokens
    Pelrond likes this.
  17. brickz Augur

I know plenty. I know you can do the whole round of mail runs for a bag. I know that if they deleted the gold reward nobody would notice for months or even care. Live players are always whining about TLPers
  18. code-zero Augur

19. Gnothappening Augur

\

Oooh, even better idea, remove all rewards from all quests. Then nobody would automate any of them.
  20. Raytheon Augur

Or better yet, remove all the quests so they can't be exploited!
    Gnothappening likes this.