queue is artificial

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ethyre, May 31, 2020.

1. ethyre Augur

The queue doesn't work on a "one out one in" way like you might think.

I have two PC's sitting side by side. Every time I get through the queue, they both get through at exactly the same time.

This has happened every time since launch.

The chances of this being coincidental are astronomically small so (like many things) the coding on this is not what you would think as logical.

So there is something artificial about how the queue works.
  2. brickz Augur

I have had the opposite experience. I queued 2 at the same time but they got in at drastically different times. Like 20+ minutes difference.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

So a person 2 boxing logs both toons off and both of yours get in and you think the chances of that are small?
  4. Bullsnooze Augur

Its a queue, but it feels like a hybrid lottery system as well.

During one of the 2 hour queue times, my partner and I queued 4 (2 each) at the same time and one of hers got in at around 1 hour while the others took another 45 minutes.

When the server hits its player limit, the queue must put players into a batch and then select semi-randomly to log in. Once a batch fills up another is likely created, which will be given priority after the one ahead of it is out of players.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

Maybe the queue works in batches? When it has 10 open slots, it lets 10 people in instead of 1 at a time
  6. Ishbu Augur

Im not saying this is wrong or off base, but for ffs its 2020 and there are games that had working queue's showing an actual time or place before the year 2000
  7. ethyre Augur

ten times in a row yes
  8. Bullsnooze Augur

It wouldn't be difficult to code in a position queue, but its why I believe that their system is a hybrid lottery as there are no positions.

Also, here's what I think is going on...

1 - Dark Paw grossly underestimated the starting population of Aradune.

My guess is that they anticipated a large turnout, but not nearly as heavy of a population as it is now.

2 - They're waiting to see what the player data looks like after another week or two.

We all now that there's a mad rush with every TLP server launch. Folks take time off and play over the weekends nonstop to 'get ahead'. My guess is they're wanting to see what it looks like between 6/1 and 6/7 to see if the numbers remain high or drop significantly. From a business perspective there probably isn't enough evidence to suggest that the daily traffic will stay as high as it is after today. Especially as players return to work, the country reopens, and the summer rides in.

3 - Players are to blame as well.

There's no doubt cheaters and their bots are trying to hide themselves among the population taking up valuable server slots. Also, there are probably 2-300 people AFK logged into the server as we speak. Those players are also taking up slots as their accounts sit doing nothing.
    Chacko Supreme likes this.
  9. TLP Addict Augur

The queue is a lie.
    The queue is a lie.
    The queue is a lie.
    The queue is a lie.....
  10. ethyre Augur

So a problem in my example:

My son and I *EACH* paid to have two PC's in condition for optimal play then *EACH* pay for two accounts. So we have yet to play together. I can barely play as a two box. When one PC crasheds and goes back to the queue I don't dare log out of the other one. I sit for *HOURS* waiting for the first to get back in.

They forced this so I am taking up a spot doing nothing while waiting for my other PC to get in.
  11. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Greedy people like you, taking up 2 spots when so many non boxers are stuck in a Queue!
  12. ethyre Augur

Nope. Double-paying customer playing on a two-pc per person server
  13. Tucoh Augur

I'm also a greedy 2boxer and i have really high APM. Im like a fat dude on an airplane who bought his support llama a ticket.
    Dythan likes this.
  14. Healiez Augur

Yes all us greedy boxers, paying 2 subs, and playing on a server ADVERTISED as a 2 box server... GET THEM!

Also sup Dythan its been a while
    Dythan likes this.