Aradune - Which subscription?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Petalmittens, May 30, 2020.

1. Petalmittens New Member

Hi everyone. I want to play on the new Aradune server and just created an account. Now that I'm logged in, it says I have to be a paid subscriber to play on that particular server. Does that mean that I need to buy the all access pass if I just want to play EverQuest?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Pelrond Elder

Aradune is a TLP. You need to be all access to play on TLPs. You can play on the other live servers for free but TLPs are premium.
  3. Petalmittens New Member

Thanks. I purchased the subscription and now I'm in the queue or so I think. It said it would take 66 minutes to actually get in, but I'm sitting here on the server select screen with no indication that I'm actually queued up. Am I missing something?
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

nope, you're good.
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

The servers at the top of the server select screen in green (preferred or premium, forget the name) require subscriptions to log into. The other servers at the bottom do not require a subscription to play do have some features disabled in the absence of a sub.

The new servers are struggling a bit. I logged in Friday without any delay.

Remember that sub is all access, so if the servers are ever down, you can try EQ2, DCUO, etc for no additional charge. I also confirmed I can log into EQ while in DCUO. That means you can log into another all access game and play while simultaneously in queue to log into EverQuest.
  6. Zee_Rex Journeyman

If you're only subbing to play on Aradune, I'd highly recommend waiting. There are currently 2-3+ hour long queue times and the company has no plans beyond waiting for people to stop playing.
  7. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

What? There are queues for paying customers? What is the que for exactly? For someone to leave so there is room for you to enter?
  8. Tucoh Augur

Yes. During primetime it takes 3 hours.

This option is the lesser evil vs the servers experiencing instability.

I currently expect it to get a lot better this week, though primetime will probably have some queues for a while.
  9. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

You are exaggerating right? I mean are you trolling or being sincere? How could a paying customer expect sixty minutes much less three hours just to get on!? I would not even expect that for a non-paying customer. And what happens if you get disconnected? The que starts all over again or you have a grace period of several minutes?
  10. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

11. Tucoh Augur

Not trolling.

If you get disconnected you're back in the queue.

A "paying customer" endures it because these paying customers are MMO release players. They (generally) expect and accept it as part of the meta-game.
  12. Vumad Cape Wearer

Long ques on launch day are really the industry standard. Everyone tries to log in on the same day at the same time. Also in higher numbers, as server launches draw the attention of people who have no intention of staying there. Ever try to play a Call of Duty game on launch day? Sure they are supporting much larger numbers than EQ, but the simple fact is that all companies of all sizes struggle on launch days. I can't remember the name of it but a lot of the attacks you hear about on video game / tech companies are just spam requests until the servers crash. Exceeding the server limits happens to the biggest companies in the world.
  13. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

The only ques I know of are really only on FPS servers like Half Life 1 and 2 and the occasional racing game. But there are so many servers that you can just go to another one no big deal. Unless you happen across a time where really only enough people are available to fill one server. Then you just sit and wait a few minutes. Although games actually do fill there empty servers with bots so at least you have something to do waiting for more players. I have never heard of having to wait an hour or more just to play a game you are constantly paying for, as in monthly.

As far as this being the industry standard, the argument that they should know very well by now to have an extra server or two in advance of what they had already projected should be available for use. Even if it is only a temporary server. Why are they constantly punishing the customers? Even Gamestop (at least my store at least) hires or has more working people around the Christmas holiday each given a specific job, even if just handing out flyers just to ensure that the customers have the least amount of wait time as possible and any questions answered. When normally there would be three or four employees there would be around ten.

I am not trying to be cheeky or trolling either. It just simply boggles my mind that there would be any que what so ever for paying customers. I know EQ servers are different from the ones I mentioned, as this one server opens and have these specific rules, but how many people can it hold? I thought they were hundreds or even thousands per server. I could understand free players yes, as paying gets priority. But paid and for that long? No. Now those players are dedicated!
  14. Shanarias Augur

Just so you know, that is a paid access server, meaning no All Access, no Cccess to Aradune. There is no free to play on Aradune.
  15. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Feel free to pay on any of the other servers.

Its just like any club. Any stadium. Any restaurant. When its full, its full. Either wait or go elsewhere. *shrug*
  16. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

And people have which should be alarming to EQ management and they should take steps to alleviate that, as it is lost revenue and unhappy customers. However unlike a club, a stadium or a restaurant where you have a finite amount of space, unless you some how have more room to build out or just upwards, have the money and get the ok to do so, EQ is all digital. That is not to say it's "cheap" and "easy", but a hell of lot cheaper and easier than in the physical world. It's two totally different things.