Seriously, their nuts

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by VesuviusDrinal, May 31, 2020.

1. VesuviusDrinal New Member

So after all of the hoopla over the new progression servers starting up the Everfail team's performance is on par with their release of anything.

But now seriously, the EQ team comes out and tells those trying to login to the new server that there is open time from midnight to 7am.
    Who is in charge of this team and why are they still employed?

So let me break it down to the EQ team who cannot seem to figure it out.
    Players on the east coast have the advantage of the time zone so they login early while the west coast players are asleep so when we wake up and try to login the servers are FULL!

And before you make any more brilliant deductions I will tell you we do have to sleep.
  2. Hoodcat New Member

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me 10+ x with these servers, stop being stupid :| they are not stupid, the people that keep buying krono and giving them money are.

They have not changed their buisness model since the first TLP
  3. KnightofTruth Journeyman

The issue is they try to run the company with as few people as possible to make as much money as possible (no issue here) but why is it, that Aradune is such a trash server and you can only play 2 characters is beyond me. lmao
  4. Metanis Bad Company

I think it's sweet that so many people want to pay for TLP. Helps keep the lights on for all us old-timers.
    Raptorjesus5, Skuz and code-zero like this.
  5. kit74 Lorekeeper

Seems like one can play as many as one likes it has no real enforcement on it
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

they are nuts or they're nuts

unless you were referring to someones actual gonads.

My guess is with so many stating they had taken time off to play, maybe they would like to encourage a few to alter the time that they play at to make the queues at other times more manageable.

If the queues last more than 2 weeks then maybe we should be seeing a second server spin up but the ops team clearly can see how many players are logging in & so far don;t think this high traffic justifies another server just yet.

Most TLP have had queues early on, Miragul & Rizlona didn't due to non-standard rules I guess.
  7. Vark Journeyman

Honestly this is a first
    I did phinny, coirnav, agnarr

Never seen 3 hours queue
    Stop telling people it’s always like this because it was not

Telling your customers that the solution is to log before 7am is completely stupid
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

First global pandemic in over 100 years probably had an impact.

Ton more people at home this time than prior TLP launches.

Letting people know when the servers are actually quiet isn't that stupid.
  9. Sikkun Augur

It’s at least a second.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/everquest/comments/379ev1/ragefire_queues/

6 days after Ragefire launch and people still complaining about 2+ hour queues. That was after they doubled server capacity compared to older servers. It did result in a second server Lockjaw, which a lot of people were unhappy with and ultimately they did merge it 5 years later. That is also the most likely thing to happen here.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. birdsong_pawn Augur

Look, I know this is frustrating. But going after their nuts is a bridge too far.
    Skuz likes this.