what do they call it when you pay for a service and

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rcbauer, May 29, 2020.

1. Rcbauer Augur

the company refuses to make it available to you?
  2. Password1234 Augur

Did they shut down the server and not let a single person log in? I thought I heard about people playing on Aradune earlier.
  3. Rcbauer Augur

I can't seem to log in. Maybe they discriminate against non-streamers.
  4. Trevalon Augur

All the white knighting aside, it does beg the question of at what point does it become too much? Having queues are one thing, we are used to them in the MMO world, but at what point does it become so hard to use the content you have paid for that the offer from Darkpaw becomes a disingenuous offer?

I guess thats for everyone to decide for themselves, but what I think everyone can and should agree on is that Darkpaw is not, was not, and has never truly been prepared for these servers. Even after so many - and that is what I find sad. Not because I necessarily blame Darkpaw, I am sure they are just as frustrated, annoyed, and upset as all of us, but that EQ has gotten to the point where they just don't have the resources to support what the players want out of the game.

Its sad and I wish there was a good answer, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be and so here we are...waiting in a queue.
    Hippiee, Dagenfehl and KimchiGoddess like this.
  5. Gethvelion Journeyman

They are making it available to everyone who want to play on the server and is a paying subscriber. Your just not getting in line early enough. When I logged in at 5 AM Saturday morning there was no queue. When I logged in at 5:30 PM that same day I spent 4 hours waiting in the queue.

The server is available it just sucks that the line is so long, sort of like the DMV, but at least with EQ you can watch a video or surf the internet while you wait.
  6. KimchiGoddess Augur

A lot of people, especially those still working and/or with families have a limited amount of playtime. That 3-4 hour wait time could be all of their playtime for that day and they don't even get to play on the server they want to play on. You can't schedule your job or your family around a server being available to play at 5am and not 5pm.
  7. Imukai Augur

You didn't "buy Aradune" - you bought access to Aradune, half dozen other servers, and a few other games.

You got what you paid for. Go avail yourself of something else while the demand for the one thing settles down.

Analogy.. you bought a ticket to Disney World and now you are mad that the one ride has a 3 hour wait queue. You want to say you were defrauded or something. Go ride something else, or wait in line.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Pretty good analogy.

Could also add that the queues are even longer this year than usual due to more people being able to visit the theme park. Like peak season+
    code-zero likes this.
  9. minimind The Village Idiot

I make sure to find out exactly what I was guaranteed.
  10. Gnothappening Augur

And that is why, ultimately, Aradune will suffer. People with a 1-2 hour window will find themselves not getting exp as often and falling further behind each expansion. At least they let you two box. Imagine trying that and only a single toon being allowed.
  11. Lyrical Augur

This is the worst analogy to date and not only does it keep getting repeated but it keeps being shared by an unoriginal poster lol.

"You got what you paid for." How the bleep do you know what someone paid for? Clearly if people wanted to pay to play the other servers they would have. This is akin to saying any bait and switch was ok because its in the writing somewhere that you might not get what you wanted. Its still false advertising as heck. And any reasonable person would not be happy, nor expected to just except nothing of what they spent money for.

"Go avail yourself to something else while demand drops". That wasnt in the advertising. That wasnt what was offered. That wasnt the reason TLP claimable goodies were extended and restarted up for. People could have "avail" themselves to other crap before they were offered a shiny new server to play on. Because there are other servers to play on , that were there prior to the TLP release does not make advertising and receiving money for something else ok.......when the person has no access to "WHAT THEY PAID FOR".

"You bought a ticket to disney world for one ride"..........nobody, in the history of earth, ever bought a ticket to disney world to ride just one ride. Also...........disney world doesnt have one new ride and 12 exactly the same old ones that are free to ride. When we buy tickets to disney world......there are multiple theme parks, water parks, shows, restaurants and more than you can ever do or see in the time you will be there. Yes there are lines............you would be amazed to find out that there are passes you can purchase to bypass lines. There are also "ONE TIME FRONT" passes you can get every 3 to 4 hours so you dont have to wait in line for that ONE SPECIAL ride you just have to get on for ..............30 seconds to a minute.............very different from a server that requires 20+ hours a week to play if you raid.

This analogy and the idea that the EULA makes false advertising ok is just a sign of the times we now live in and how well the powers that be have done in training a new generation of people to accept being bent over, and to say thank you right after. Well done sir!
    Aylion, Lolafv and Aenvar like this.
  12. Sikkun Augur

Tokyo Disneysea last summer, Soarin had waits over 12 hours. Fast pass gone the moment park opens, people were in line at 2am the night before just for a chance to ride it without “waiting”.

So I wouldn’t say nobody...I watched hundreds of people do it.
    code-zero likes this.
  13. bwuceli New Member

No, it seems you fail to see that I don't get what I paid for. I payed to play Everquest on Aradune with my friends. I bought the bags before I started and that was delivered: there I got what I paid for; though you could make an argument that I don't even get what I paid for there: because I can't seem to log in and use them.

I would never pay for a hypothetical one-ride Disney World. I would, however, pay for an online game where I get to play WHEN IT SUITS ME. TYVM!
    Aylion likes this.
  14. Febb Augur

Can you link the advertisements that were falsely advertised?
  15. Bailen Augur

You could try to claim a bait and switch maybe, but as others have said it's not like they are denying you access purposely. Also, the thing you agreed to when you signed up lets you know that technical issues like this are a possibility.
  16. Gnothappening Augur

Most importantly, you aren't buying access to Aradune specifically. You might only WANT access to Aradune, but that isn't what a sub gets you, isn't what it advertises, etc. A theme park like Disney is a great comparison because, even though you really only want to ride the new ride, you are getting access to the park as a whole. It gets even better when, just like Disney and the new ride having a two hour line, the specific server you want (Aradune) has a que.
  17. Kittany Augur

So, you bought a non refundable, non transferable first class plane ticket to Dubai. You took 2 weeks off work and paid for package hotel deals during your stay there. When you arrive to the airport, you find out that the flight was overbooked and now you either have to book another flight (For a fee) or cancel your trip.

This is the better analogy I think given the circumstances.
  18. Healiez Augur

No, its not even close.
  19. MaestroM Augur

I'd be interested to see which advertisement you think is false?
  20. MaestroM Augur

The better analogy is that you bought a 1 month all access subscription to DBG games, which includes access to Everquest 2, and a bunch of other games, including Everquest and including a ton of premium features, 500 DB Cash. In that entire package, 1 server has a queue.

You don't need an analogy in this case because its easy to understand. This isn't like an airline ticket at all.

This would be like if you bought a non refundable, non transferable first class plane ticket to anywhere an airline flies, and then being mad that there's a 3 hour line for the flights to dubai.