The Next Antonious Bale!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zulan, May 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schadenfreude Augur

Hardcore botters who are either generating accounts for sale, power levelling existing characters, levelling ToV ears or what have you are very aware of the rules and will quite happily record anything that happens to their (sic) camp if you come anywhere near. For reasons that are unclear to me they are often very successful in getting people suspended for training - see previous threads regarding the AB scourge if you don't believe me.

If that fails they are adept at crying to officers and or guild leadership with some fabricated nonsense about how your group stole their camp, trained them etc. You might think this wouldn't be very effective but you would be surprised (or maybe you wouldn't?) at how many officers and guild leaders either take advantage of aforementioned services or simply prefer not to deal with the hassle.
  2. Xyphen Maximum Augur

I'm referring to actual items.
  3. Trainsnotwelcomed New Member

Both actions sounded like an actual human rather than a machine to me.

A bot is run on script and would not be able to perform on "bringing another group" nor "crying to officers".

Isn't out DPS the proper solution? If you got beaten on DPS then you can either bring more DPS or just move along.
    code-zero likes this.
  4. Shanarias Augur

How much do you sell Krono for?
    dreadlord likes this.
  5. dreadlord Augur

/sigh
    Obviously there's a human behind the bots. A human makes the decision to put x groups of bots in x zones today/this week etcetc

You may want to live in an EQ where only uber DPS raid-geared groups are "allowed" to play by the bullies. That's not most folks' idea of fun or fair play.

(and decent players actually *help* those who might be struggling with an encounter - they certainly don't steal from them)

The proper solution is to drum all the bullies out once and for all
    Coagagin and Shanarias like this.
  6. Trainsnotwelcomed New Member

So the discussion has devolved into trolling.

Bottom line: you can whine/petition as much as you like but if indeed there's a person behind the army and is actually playing, they are legit.

Anyone who mess with them, be it training or harassing, deserves to be punished under DPG rule. And I hope you have an army of similar size if the harassed player decided to have his vengeance within DPG rules.
  7. Ashigaru Augur

They may well be legit - it’s unfortunate that they don’t respect camps
  8. Ashigaru Augur

Although the groups that are in place 24/7 are not legit for that be reason or another
    Skuz and dreadlord like this.
  9. Zulan Lorekeeper

No group, that is online 24/7 is legit, Period.

When I started this thread it wasn't to ban the group, or the player behind it. I understand there is an uptick in power leveling request right now with the heroic give away. I could give two shats less if someone is afking 24/7, my issue starts when I can't complete quests and they do not give two shats to leave the camp.

Additionally, they also report people who come into the zone and setup across from them and pull the same mobs

Once again, don't' give two shats. Give us the ability to force a pick!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't' want to setup next to a afk bot that's going to constantly pull my pulls, try killing my mobs, and never log off, ever.
  10. Trainsnotwelcomed New Member

This thing is looking more and more like a group of players being trained / harassed by other *ahem* groups who tried to pin theirs then got backfired.

So who's the victim? The group that does silent leveling or those who trained and harassed?

*mic drop*

PS: It's strange that a high population server like Bristlebane doesn't have more than one copy of ST in /pick. If you really need your quest mob desperately you can probably go to the other pick and *ASK NICELY* to anyone there.

The only reason why an individual insists on having a particular spot in the primary copy of the zone is simply the collapse of a pick zone messes with their "setup". Classic pot kettle black situation.

If that is the case, you DESERVE what you got.
  11. Koryu Professional Roadkill

You are trying way too hard to defend an automated group. That's not a person, there's nobody to defend.
  12. Schadenfreude Augur

Plug-ins are available that ping a mobile phone or message service. These groups aren't run by Cyberdyne Systems, not yet anyway.
  13. Trainsnotwelcomed New Member

I beg to differ.

Also it'd be a lot more helpful if my reasoning got logically challenged, rather than a sweeping statement to deny them without reasoning.
  14. Schadenfreude Augur

Disrupting your Sathir/Great Divide 24/7 RMT power levelling service by actually trying to play the game isn't harassment.
    dreadlord likes this.
  15. Trainsnotwelcomed New Member

So if indeed there's a plug-in that pings when a group is trying to train / kill-steal your mob and files a legit report, leading to a successful prosecution instead of loads of false petition that gets you suspended.

Why hasn't everyone been using it?

I would love to use one myself.

Care to share?

How does Great Divide got involved in this?

I am sure DPG would have stepped in if any RMT is involved.
  16. Zulan Lorekeeper

Well Like i said numerous posts before, i dont' care that you're afk there and botting. Could give 2 shats less.

You're still there after 6 hours of sleep, you must be a robot. I mean not YOU, but whomever this afk group is! They are really displaying some robotic type traits, ya know, still not having slept and all.

Once again, GMs, give us a way to force picks so these "people" who don't sleep for months on end can really continue their super dragon ball z type focus, and just exp for months without sleep.
    dreadlord likes this.
  17. dreadlord Augur

no-one is objecting to 'silent groups'
    we probably all have days when we don't feel chatty - just a non-issue

My objection is to this:
    I am at x camp. Bot group arrives and takes it
    My *fervent* objection is to this:
    I spend some time (maybe minutes, maybe hours) spawning a named. Named pops. I pull it to my camp. Bot group arrives and killsteals it.
    I cannot see how anyone can possibly defend that - unless, of course, as per earlier post, you think that any group weaker than you deserves to be bullied out of the game

In the matter of one of 'our' bot groups, they regularly leave named drops on the named to rot. (a nice player would ooc that it's rotting, but we know this guy likes to play silently). But reporting someone for taking the loot that they've seen rot countless times? (which they would be very happy to get for themselves if only they could get the camp...)

If all someone wants is to powerlevel there's plenty of corners with loads of mobs and no nameds. So I can only assume 'our' chap actually enjoys the distress he causes
  18. Fnyanea Augur

Stop putting in raid level ultra rares. I would guess most of them are doing it for those.
    cadres likes this.
  19. Ashigaru Augur

Dreadlord neatly defined the situation that frustrates me - if we could get private picks / instances everyone would be content (not happy, but content)
  20. Trainsnotwelcomed New Member

We are talking about two different camps across two different servers on two different types of behaviors right?

It's one thing to actively snipe and the other to have own's camp trained.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.