Bring up another Aradune Server!!!!!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nagash101, May 30, 2020.

1. nagash101 Augur

I agree with this post.
    Why didn't they bring up another server, AraduneJr. and fix this terrible login queue they have. Its almost to the point that i really don't want to login anymore. This will effect the population of the server more then having two Aradune servers. Just bring up another server and when Kunark or even Velious release to merge them together. At least then we can all play. They are loosing players/customers on a daily basis because of the crap wait times. The heavy burden on the Aradune server is the Krono farmers that jump on the TLP servers to get some quick Kronos and leave in a few months/expansions. Wait until they all go back to their normal servers/holes and then you could merge the Aradune Servers.
    Give the players that started in Aradune a chance to "Player Transfer" to the "Aradune Overload" server.
    Break up the Krono farmers a bit. Every descent camp in game already has a 24/7 Krono crew at it. Give the "Filthy Casual a Chance"
  2. kit74 Lorekeeper

From the response from some here I guess they (dpg) is to inept to do it right form the other post that where on this subject
  3. Grant Joy New Member

It makes no sense. People want no-box servers and they don't want to make them. I don't understand why.
  4. kit74 Lorekeeper

If I was them I won't either, the boxers are the only thing that is keeping this game afloat

One of my friends have 5 accounts
  5. Bailen Augur

Or maybe even convert Rizlona to a truebox server. It's not nearly as popular as Aradune. Even some multiboxers are avoiding it in favor of Aradune. They want to have a market for selling the stuff they farm, perhaps. And want more casual players around to flex on, I bet. Enough to take their chances breaking the rules on Aradune.
  6. Grant Joy New Member

This is true I agree, but it goes both ways. It's very apparent right now that there is strong demand for non-box servers and that demand is not being met. We can't even log in.

Hard to maintain a fanbase of people with no server options.
  7. MileyVyrus Elder

Just put up a second server and let it fly.

There is zero reason to ever merge the two servers after the fact. Server merges and data transfers are painful. The price for everyone not waiting in line for the first month will be resetting your 8 hours /played time. Having to start fresh on a server where there aren't already level 50 VIPs might even be a bonus depending on your point of view.

Also, Aradune is merely proof that 19 out of 20 people don't want anything to do with a server where people are 24boxing. Or level 85 heroic. You might even make the argument that we can blame *MiraguI* for this. Since Mangler dropped, they haven't managed to make anything near a Mangler-clone that drew actual people to play that type of server. What you are seeing now is what a launch of a vanilla server looks like when the *onIy* other options are servers the last couple of years are far and beyond POP. The reason you have 3 hr wait queues is this had been the only attempt at a ... classic... tlp since Mangler dropped way back when.
  8. Healiez Augur

I would prefer to just suck it up and sit in a queue for a week or two then see them dilute the server population.

They have kneejerk opened new servers before and what ends up happening is two servers with struggling populations, one worse then the other. Then they end up not being able to merge them becaue they are on "seperate timelines".

Lets all suck it up for a little bit and think about the long term server health.
  9. Fuser New Member

Why even go through the formality of having a "second server".

Just horizontally expand Aradune with more nodes behind it to run zones and instances on.

They already have seams in all the right places for things like /pickzone, right?
    And every single zone in the game world can be duplicated for picks, right?

Just add VMs or blades or whatever to increase splitting capacity, that way you don't waste anything like a totally different server cluster would, since it has to separate ALL zones, even ones that with increased traffic still don't warrant an extra pick. Just increase picks for those zones that need it, per your usual rules.

I haven't understood that from day one, how they say they can't scale horizontally to meet the demand of all the extra people, when in fact they already scale horizontally.
  10. Healiez Augur

My understanding on this (from what I have been told, I have very little coding/programming knowledge) is that EQ's code and infrastructure is so old and "janky" that places most other games would go to expand VM's, cloud, etc isnt an option. The basically have to do it on their own hardware designed to run this game and that is limited.
  11. Strawberry Augur

Well, we don't know how many players have left EQ due to a 6 boxers stealing their camp, training them, or boxers simply inflating the economy.

It's a bit like a game being taken over by a cheating program and arguing that the cheating program is essential to the game, because 90% of players are using it.
  12. Grant Joy New Member

It's crazy how a cash cow like this obviously can't get the technical side together. It's shocking. The nerdiest people on earth want this to work and we can't get it together 20 years later. Honestly, it's sad and embarrassing engineering. :(
  13. Kronotowin Elder

They'd rather have the same handful of RMT'ers profit off Aradune than open a 2nd server to benefit most players.