Levelling and gearing path 100+ on AB as a 3 box

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Cydonia, May 28, 2020.

1. Cydonia Elder

I’m running a 3 box (sk shaman, bard) I’ve been grinding HAs (gribbles and dailies mostly) and currently wearing a mix of level 90-95 gear with about 5000 marks stashed for when I hit level 100.

My question is, do I keep on with HAs after level 100, or should I look elsewhere? Are there better alternatives or should I stick with the HAs? And is so, until when?

Cheers.
  2. birdsong_pawn Augur

I've found Gribbles are good (but tedious) experience for several levels past 100. On the first mission, be sure you are popping lesson just before the final hail, and then try to finish one or both of the other missions while lesson is still running.

At some point, you might want to try some grinding in Frontier Mountains to compare the exp rate. Treants are a good place to start. They are not KOS and are nicely spread out. Once treants are too easy, try goblins, then sarnaks.

Gear-wise, the best path from level 80ish to 106 seems to be the wacky aug armor from The Broken Mirror expansion. Since you are almost level 100, you might just grind to 106 with what you have, and then invest in conflagrant armor. At 110, you can start using T1 armor from ToV.
  3. Broozer Augur

I suggest farming remnants of tranquility in TBM HAs to gear up better than the level 100 stuff on EWK vendors.
    Lyyr likes this.
  4. Cydonia Elder

Cheers for the replies guys, I’ll look into it
  5. Lyyr Lorekeeper

Broken mirror content is hands down the best gearing path up to 105. However depending on how geared your SK is Broken mirror may be too tough for you. I ran into this issue on my SK when I came back, he was was wearing t3 and t4 underfoot armor with a mix of t1 and t2 VoA at lvl 90 and getting absolutely wrecked in Broken Mirror HA's, I had to let the necro pet tank. Once he got some some of the generic Broken Mirror armor auged up for his lvl he was fine though.
  6. Dredlox Elder

I will have to 2nd the TMB gear, easiest to obtain for alts if your tank can handle the HAs. As the remnants are tradeable, easy to funnel them to one character. Although I find it extremely tedious to gear with it on multiple characters, a mix of TBM and Marks gear should get you to 106.
  7. Craized Lorekeeper

8. Cydonia Elder

So I’ve started TBM content, I’ve done the initial progression up to and including into the temple (b) HA.

My next question is:

What strategies do people use for farming the raw crypt hunters gear to get the sets started? Which zones are best for farming the names etc?
    I also read on a forum post from 2016 that there’s a way to farm names in plane of hate revisited that involves entering the instance, killing one trash mob, dropping the instance, getting another instance, and repeating the process, that somehow clears all of the trash leaving just the nameds up. Is this a viable option? Does it still even work?

Cheers.
  9. birdsong_pawn Augur

For farming Raw Crypt-Hunters armor, I found Demiplane of Decay was best. It's easy to run around and keep a bunch of placeholders killed. Demiplane of Life is also good, but you have to be a little more careful.

Note that you can also buy visible armor, non-visible items, weapons, and shields from this vendor:
    https://tbm.eqresource.com/potranqgroupvendor.php
    The armor is not quite as good as Crypt-Hunters but it's a cheap and quick option.

Here are the vendors with the best type 9 and type 5 augs for the gear:
    https://tbm.eqresource.com/pohealtharmoraugvendor.php
    https://tbm.eqresource.com/pohealthweaponsandheroicaugvendor.php

I skipped the Plane of Hate stuff as Crypt-Hunters is better.
  10. Petalonyx Augur

I've found gribbles are great through 105. Even used them through 108 during a recent exp bonus.