Well then.

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Mortehl, May 29, 2020.

1. Mortehl New Member

I haven't played this game in almost 20 years. I don't know why but it piqued my interest and I feel like returning to the roots of the second graphical MMO I ever played (Ultima Online being the first).

I'm just curious and this is a broad question I know, but is it worthwhile for me to pick up again? Are the servers lively? Is it still Time to Die An_Old_Hag_01? Can I still Train to Zone?!
  2. Garmr Augur

If your going to sub and want to pick up close to where you left off 20 years ago, best bet is one of the new TLP servers that opened this week. Aradune or Rizlona (Personally I'd do Aradune, check the rulesets). They'll be lively and hopping for at least until the next set of TLPs pop, likely in a year. Welcome back.
  3. Mortehl New Member

I actually logged in for a second yesterday and holy crap I forgot how overwhelming all the interfaces are at first. Its awesome, and not dumbed down! I still have 2 characters on Fenin Ro from 20 bloody years ago. Do journeymen boots still mean anything? I still have my jboots lol.

I have a stupid question while I'm here. How do I hotbar spells? I was trying like hell to drag some combat spells onto the easy bar before I fell asleep but they wouldn't stick.
  4. Peter_The_great Elder

4k is a very good privilege to have in this game when it comes to the UI. My wife uses 1080P and the UI is all over the screen.. =P
  5. Herf Augur

Depending on what era you are content to play. There are options: Agnarr has been locked at LDON for a long time now and will never advance. It lost a lot of people to Mangler, but has recovered significantly in recent months. Then there's the new TLP server Aradune. Which no one can log on to, or if they logon, their game crashes and they get bumped back to the queue again.

There are other servers as well, each with their own differences.
  6. Cydonia Elder

The new TLPs will calm down in a week or so.
  7. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

Have you tried to hot bar anything else? You usually have to click and hold a moment for it (a clone) to pop out and then you can drag it where you want it on the hot bar and place it. Someone else can probably explain it better

You can also right click on the spell book and create spell groups. Then right click again to choose the ones you have to use or to tinker with them. It still takes a bit of time for them to load, but it is much faster than the old way of literally having to redo your spells over and over again. I have Attacks, Buffs, Summoning, etc. saved so I can remember (best I can ^^! ) which spells are grouped where. And there are a LOT more spells than there used to be. So have fun with all that! ^^!

Also if you are not paying and you want to level faster, come to Firiona Vie. It will not take you as long, at least soloing, as the other servers might as the exp is more per kill. If you pay, others can direct you better.
  8. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

Since you logged back in and you have your old characters I am assuming you are on a Silver account-

(I basically copied and pasted this from another post of mine with slight edits to it.) If creating a new character first thing you will want to do is go to Planes of Knowledge using the teleporting book. Assuming you are creating a new character you will be starting at Crescent Reach, so go down the hill slightly to your right, go up the stairs then go down the stairs slightly to your left, go over the bridge on your right and out to the zone. Then hug the wall on your right and a few hundred feet and around the corner there is the book on top of a stand. Teleport and go to the Loyalty person right in the area where you appear and buy three Dolls of Characters for three more character slots that takes your veteran account from four to seven.

If you are already using an older character you just need to find a teleporting book to get to the Planes of Knowledge to get your Dolls of Character. The Loyalty person is directly on your right several feet I think under a tree as you teleport into the zone. Have fun!
  9. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur