We all just want to play the old eq way!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by eorzea, May 29, 2020.

1. eorzea Journeyman

This is why Aradune is so popular we all miss the old way...We all just want to play yay yay yay... Add a new server or 2 that are Aradune clones.... allow ppl from Aradune to transfer to them... Give rewards to the ones willing to transfer until the problem is fixed... Could maybe also link the 2 other servers to Aradune so it allows the cap to go way way up...
    But the most important thing is we ( All ) want to be able to play...
    Everyone or (most) want to be able to group with others and have fun
    Atm the Que wait times is horrible and no one gets nothing for waiting Exp bonus for waiting in ques based on time would also be nice Maybe do something like wow does ?
    If you log out in a inn you gain exp bonus based on how long your in the inn for.. Can't this be done for ppl off line? :p
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  2. auto21 Elder

You mean play with a 56k modem? I would if it meant no queue and there were no queues back in 99.
    Instead, how about better/bigger login servers?
    This is definitely not a technical issue. Many modern games literally deal with millions of simultaneous players logging into game servers and EQ1 completely fails with a few thousand... and i'm told it happens every launch.... and they never learn :rolleyes:
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  3. Thygrym Elder

bring back the naked corpse runs and heck levels!
    Kehl likes this.
  4. eorzea Journeyman

Every single time a new tlp comes out this happens... they used to only do 1 server at a time...now its 2... The problems are no one wants to play on rizlona server and deal with botters who love to ks/train and never group with anyone other then them self's:p lol
    It would of been better if they made both servers 2box rule set :D but it still has no stoped the 6boxers still lots of them I have seen on Aradune Mmmmm I would hate to see there power bills
  5. Krandals New Member

My friends and I talked about how amazing a hard mode server would be. Old School EQ, corpse runs, 1st person mode only. It will never happen...
  6. eorzea Journeyman

I would like another vox type server it was fun until a sir ten guild started messing up every other raiding guild and a lot of ppl server transferred since they where sick of it
    They joined with alt clerics and where casting Da's on the tanks so the raid's would wipe... Then they used mage pets to tank raid targets and once they where way ahead of everyone else
    They QQed about pets and got them nerfed To bad for them there was new expansions !!! :oops:
  7. Sikkun Augur

What modern game had millions of players on a single server?
  8. Basak Augur

Sounds like a bad experience of 5% of the boxer community.
  9. Kronotowin Elder

It's too bad a small percentage of the population is obsessed with dominating these servers. If Daybreak removed the RMT sellers it would help you relive that experience. Yet they do nothing while the RMT sellers stream on twitch and the other obsessed guild leaders start more guilds to speed through each expansion.
  10. Gethvelion Journeyman

Yea they didn't have queues you were just told flat out that the world server was full, go play on some other server. I remember clicking the login button over and over trying to get in.
  11. Gethvelion Journeyman

You sir are a filthy minded individual and should have your mouth washed with soap for that comment.
  12. Kronotowin Elder

The servers were never full in 99
  13. Gethvelion Journeyman

I am sure that is exactly why SOE started making new servers and encouraging players on Solusek Ro, Karana, Cazic-Thule, Mithaniel Marr, Tarew Marr and Povar to move to the new servers for free in 2000, They weren't full.